PC Board OT thread

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,263

Re: PC Board OT thread 

Post#1141 » by trex_8063 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:45 pm

RSCD3_ wrote:Supreme Court made a landmark decision for marriage equality. Hats off to them.

Indeed. It's like Bob Dylan said: "the times, they are a-changin'". Kudos to all those effected by this decision.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
ceiling raiser
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,728

Post#1142 » by ceiling raiser » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:52 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/616324568630759424[/tweet]

Hoping they can figure something out. Would love to see this Dubs core stay together...
Now that's the difference between first and last place.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#1143 » by RSCD3_ » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:25 pm

fpliii wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/616324568630759424[/tweet]

Hoping they can figure something out. Would love to see this Dubs core stay together...

I'd love to have him on the pistons, dude brings the energy that our team needs to jump up a level.

Dont know why they wouldnt match their 2nd best player though
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#1144 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:39 pm

Seems like a simple case of not negotiating against themselves. I'm sure they made him a very rich offer(but less than the max). Draymond sees the market and isn't willing to take less than the max--and he shouldn't take less. The Warriors hope no team will be willing to tie up cap space making an offer they know will get matched and they can save a little money.

I'm sure that Green's agent can get Philly or someone to make the offer sheet if needed to get the max in the end. I wouldn't be worried one bit about the Warriors losing him.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,459

Post#1145 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:59 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Seems like a simple case of not negotiating against themselves. I'm sure they made him a very rich offer(but less than the max). Draymond sees the market and isn't willing to take less than the max--and he shouldn't take less. The Warriors hope no team will be willing to tie up cap space making an offer they know will get matched and they can save a little money.

I'm sure that Green's agent can get Philly or someone to make the offer sheet if needed to get the max in the end. I wouldn't be worried one bit about the Warriors losing him.

Exactly.

Also I'm going to guess that part of the deal is that the Warriors offered a deal similar to the one Klay got and Draymond wanted more than that. Obviously I could be wrong, but the way the playoffs ended, I don't know how you seriously try to convince Draymond that a year later - where all player monetary value is increasing significantly - he should settle for something less than Klay got. But then, once you go beyond that, where exactly do you stop?

Figure the Warriors gave him a very nice offer, and when he said he thought he was worth more, they just said: You might be, let the market decide. We'll match anything you're offered.

Of course what's tricky here is that no team can expect the Warriors not to match - can't break up the core after they just showed they might be a dynasty - so who is really going to try? Someone who wants to screw the Warriors a bit financially sure, but how worth it is to you to delay your pursuit of other guys who are more gettable?
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
chrismikayla
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,907

Post#1146 » by chrismikayla » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:47 pm

I am helping a buddy of mine volunteering to help his team of 11 and 12 year olds most of whom are brand new to the game. If nothing else we've vowed to keep it fun something that sadly is missing a lot from youth sports.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#1147 » by bondom34 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 1:15 am

I assume at some point someone would toss money at Green just to see, I mean heck if you're a team with cap space and know you likely are out on the big names (Detroit for one), why not throw a huge deal at him and test it out? Toss in a trade kicker, whatever it takes. I'd be a little surprised if nobody did.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,296

Post#1148 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:10 pm

Kirk Goldsberry's twitter profile pic is awesome

sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#1149 » by sp6r=underrated » Thu Jul 2, 2015 6:34 pm

Would you ask Dirk if he would be open to a trade if you were Cuban? The Mavericks are a spent force after the disastrous six months they've had since the Rondo trade.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#1150 » by Quotatious » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:14 pm

sp6r=underrated wrote:Would you ask Dirk if he would be open to a trade if you were Cuban? The Mavericks are a spent force after the disastrous six months they've had since the Rondo trade.

I doubt Dirk would want to be traded, and no, if I were Cuban, I wouldn't ask him that question. It'd be nice if Dirk, Kobe and Duncan all retired on their current teams. I don't like that ring chasing (I thought that Pierce was going to stay in Boston for his entire career, too...)

Besides, I seriously doubt the Mavs are going to be a real contender anytime soon with or without Dirk. They'll have to rebuild pretty soon, so they may just as well let Dirk retire as a Maverick.

I knew the Rondo trade was going to be a disaster the moment they acquired him. His ball dominance had to destroy their offensive efficiency, and it did. They had ORtg over 116 before the Rondo trade, and ended the season at just 109.5. Not surprising to me, at all.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,296

Post#1151 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:20 pm

Quotatious wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:Would you ask Dirk if he would be open to a trade if you were Cuban? The Mavericks are a spent force after the disastrous six months they've had since the Rondo trade.

I doubt Dirk would want to be traded, and no, if I were Cuban, I wouldn't ask him that question. It'd be nice if Dirk, Kobe and Duncan all retired on their current teams. I don't like that ring chasing (I thought that Pierce was going to stay in Boston for his entire career, too...)

Besides, I seriously doubt the Mavs are going to be a real contender anytime soon with or without Dirk. They'll have to rebuild pretty soon, so they may just as well let Dirk retire as a Maverick.

I knew the Rondo trade was going to be a disaster the moment they acquired him. His ball dominance had to destroy their offensive efficiency, and it did. They had ORtg over 116 before the Rondo trade, and ended the season at just 109.5. Not surprising to me, at all.

Agreed for the most part. No one saw rondo blatantly quitting in the playoffs coming, though. That was insane, and I don't see why a team (other than the kings) would give him a chance as a starting PG until he proves otherwise.
Texas Chuck

Post#1152 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:30 pm

Only way Cuban trades Dirk is if Dirk comes to him and asks for a trade and its really really hard to see Dirk doing that. I wish his career wasn't ending like this, but I think he can look back at the success he and the team had and be really satisfied. To be the 3rd best team in the West during the era of 4 other top 12 players is nothing to sneeze at and to have won their title going against a potential GOAT candidate....

Basketball-wise the Mavs would be smart to deal him for a future asset and let him help a team chase a title. But I'm willing to forgo that asset to let him never wear another jersey and know Cuban feels the same way. Especially since his contract is so small its not holding the team hostage the way Kobe currently is the Lakers. Plus he's still an effective player. Not a star anymore, but still a very solid offensive player.

PS This off-season is terrible for the Mavs. Once Jordan officially picks the Clippers....
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,714

Post#1153 » by GSP » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:50 pm

I feel bad for Dirk he deserves better especially in his twilight years. Mavs have never been a great front office id hesitate to call them downright bad like Minny was for Kg but theyve been very mediocre most of the time. Team has gotten outscored without Dirk every season besides 2015 IIRC. Cubans great and all but him and Nellie couldve done alot better for Dirk from the players to coaches

this was their last chance to make things right in his last run and they blew it again. the Parsons move is just a disaster and will only look worse in a couple seasons. And everyone knew the Rondo move was a stupid one they got too desperate. They werent gonna win with defensive and were playing alltime offense before getting him. You know Dirk wasnt taking the paycut for this..........the only way the mavs dont completely suck next season is if they somehow land Wes/Deandre. Morey won lol
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

PC Board OT thread 

Post#1154 » by Moonbeam » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:27 am

I have absolutely no idea how to react to this offseason.
Texas Chuck

Post#1155 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:38 pm

Moonbeam wrote:I have absolutely no idea how to react to this offseason.

Like Tim Duncan obviously: :o :o :o :o :o
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,714

Post#1156 » by GSP » Fri Jul 3, 2015 9:29 pm

Damn looks like i was wrong. Parsons is the greatest recruiter since prime Wade
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1157 » by bondom34 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:03 am

Not at all related to hoops, but I've been at my new apt. for like 5 months now and saw these a few times when I was out running, but apparently they take off close to my place, because this was really close and low...

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,459

Post#1158 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:02 am

Am I the only who thinks it's utterly messed up when more than 1 team makes trades at the beginning of the trade deadline to chase a particular free agent?

Obviously I'm talking about Aldridge. I can't know exactly what's happening, but do we really think the Spurs trade Splitter if they haven't been told informally that he's in?

I understand it's possible they just decided Splitter wasn't worth the salary...but that doesn't see like them.

I also understand that a team may make moves simply in hope - I feel like the Suns are doing that - but again, that doesn't seem like the Spurs. Quite frankly, imagining what's in Pop's head, this thought comes to mind:

"If Aldridge isn't sure whether he wants to come to us or to Phoenix, then maybe he's not a good fit with us at all. If he's considering leaving Portland for Phoenix, then that sounds like an ego trip. I don't need an ego like that here."

Still my guess is he signs in San Antonio, and that they do good things with them, but I feel like the dude has really exposed himself in the past few months as a guy who gets butthurt without good reason and as someone who can be manipulated through transparent flattery.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1159 » by bondom34 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 1:13 am

Yeah, I sorta feel the same. I like it when a guy knows what he wants and goes for it. Respect to Gasol for knowing he wasn't gonna mess around and visit teams when he didn't care. LMA seems like he just wants to be the show right now (really, 2 visits to LA?). Either way, I still love the Chandler move for PHX though, and they wanted the Morris bros outta town so this works for them either way I think.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#1160 » by PaulieWal » Sat Jul 4, 2015 4:43 am

Doctor MJ wrote:Am I the only who thinks it's utterly messed up when more than 1 team makes trades at the beginning of the trade deadline to chase a particular free agent?

Obviously I'm talking about Aldridge. I can't know exactly what's happening, but do we really think the Spurs trade Splitter if they haven't been told informally that he's in?

I understand it's possible they just decided Splitter wasn't worth the salary...but that doesn't see like them.

I also understand that a team may make moves simply in hope - I feel like the Suns are doing that - but again, that doesn't seem like the Spurs. Quite frankly, imagining what's in Pop's head, this thought comes to mind:

"If Aldridge isn't sure whether he wants to come to us or to Phoenix, then maybe he's not a good fit with us at all. If he's considering leaving Portland for Phoenix, then that sounds like an ego trip. I don't need an ego like that here."

Still my guess is he signs in San Antonio, and that they do good things with them, but I feel like the dude has really exposed himself in the past few months as a guy who gets butthurt without good reason and as someone who can be manipulated through transparent flattery.

I agree 100%.

I think LMA has made it a bigger sideshow than Dwight a couple of years. I mean meeting the Lakers twice or going for a meeting with Riley (not that I am complaining about that one lol) just seems odd to me.

I really can't believe that he's torn between the Spurs and the freaking Suns. The same Suns who have no sense of direction, haven't really shown that they can build a team, and with an owner who has history of being super cheap.

This is from Bill Simmons and he summed up this situation perfectly:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/617169965565652992[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/617173005278404608[/tweet]

It's pretty much Leonard + Pop vs. the Suns and LMA can't decide lol.....
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.

Return to Player Comparisons