PC Board OT thread

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Re: PC Board OT thread 

Post#321 » by Clyde Frazier » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Been meaning to make an introduction… I'll try to keep this short as I know we all think our lives are more interesting than everyone else does, and I could endlessly write about my love for basketball and the NBA.

I'm 29 years old. Born and raised about half an hr outside of NYC, and now live there. Went to college in boston, which was actually fun as a knicks fan since the celtics sucked too at the time. $15 got you into the (then) fleet center for just about any game aside from the really popular teams. Experienced the crazy red rox riots in 04, which was like nothing i'd ever seen before.

Can't pinpoint when exactly I started following the NBA. Technically it was probably 91 or 92 as I do remember watching the dream team play, but got more heavily into the knicks a bit later. I loved ewing and the knicks, but my 2 other favorite players at the time were hakeem and barkley. I have my dad to thank (or blame haha) for this obsession with the game, and I'd pretty much consider him a historian going back to the late 60s. Learned a ton from him over the years.

One of my other favorites back then was michael finley, which opened up the door to my mavs fandom. I followed them as much as I could given they were awful and not on TV very often. Then when nash and dirk came along, I was locked in. 18 years and counting… damn time flies.
Hawk
Starter
And1: 818

Post#322 » by Hawk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:56 pm

It must have been nice to grow up following one franchise with a great franchise player with them (Duncan/Spurs, Dirk/Dallas).

I tried to do the same with the Cavs and Lebron but it was not the same not being able to follow them regularly.

I wish I had one favourite team, because this way I think I would live the games of that particular team a lot more lively and excited. Sadly, I can't force myself to become a fan of a particular team. I can't choose a team and say 'I'm going to support this team and I'm going to care about this team". That must happen naturally to me.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,233

Post#323 » by ardee » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 am

My first game.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSnAvhvfniw[/youtube]

Understandable that I got hooked, I think :nod:
john248
Starter
And1: 651

Post#324 » by john248 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Not sure how many of you play 2K series...but I thought this clip with Harden was funny. NBA players actually did voice overs, and this is one of them. Harden needs to do what he's paid to do! :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59EwskApRoI[/youtube]
The Last Word
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#325 » by Clyde Frazier » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Jordan trying to shake off Starks... OH WHAT A MOVE BY JORDAN!

-- Marv Albert

Die hard knick fans don't need to see the video to know where that call is from. One of my first memories and and favorite plays that just so happened to come against my knicks.
Hawk
Starter

Post#326 » by Hawk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Guys, does anyone know where to find the info of FG% by distance prior to 2000?
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#327 » by bondom34 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Dr Olajuwon wrote:Guys, does anyone know where to find the info of FG% by distance prior to 2000?

Don't know how reliable, but this goes back to 96-97:
http://www.nbaminer.com/player-shot-distances/
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Hawk
Starter

Post#328 » by Hawk » Thu Oct 2, 2014 10:19 am

In case you haven't seen it, it is definitely worth watching:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWxHFMog9w[/youtube]

Do you identify yourselves in the video?
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#329 » by Quotatious » Thu Oct 2, 2014 10:35 am

Dr Olajuwon wrote:Do you identify yourselves in the video?

I was a few of those at different times during my "career". I was the "my bad" guy (well, I was a much better player than the "my bad" guy in this video, but I often apologized to my teammates for being a bit too selfish or excessively flashy - I was always very trigger-happy, definitely had some Pistol Pete in my game :lol: ), also the "imaginary dunker" (I couldn't dunk until I was like 6'1 or 6'2''', and even today at 6'4'', I can only do the most simple dunks - I consider myself pretty skilled, but really unathletic), and the "player coach" (I'm rarely so vocal, but at times I am, depends on my mood, energy level and context -sometimes I'm so internally focused that I won't say a single word).

Football player and rage monster were pretty hilarious. :lol: And yeah, the black guy with Ray's jersey was surprisngly bad.
ardee
RealGM

Post#330 » by ardee » Sun Oct 5, 2014 9:19 am

Quotatious wrote:
Dr Olajuwon wrote:Do you identify yourselves in the video?

I was a few of those at different times during my "career". I was the "my bad" guy (well, I was a much better player than the "my bad" guy in this video, but I often apologized to my teammates for being a bit too selfish or excessively flashy - I was always very trigger-happy, definitely had some Pistol Pete in my game :lol: ), also the "imaginary dunker" (I couldn't dunk until I was like 6'1 or 6'2''', and even today at 6'4'', I can only do the most simple dunks - I consider myself pretty skilled, but really unathletic), and the "player coach" (I'm rarely so vocal, but at times I am, depends on my mood, energy level and context -sometimes I'm so internally focused that I won't say a single word).

Football player and rage monster were pretty hilarious. :lol: And yeah, the black guy with Ray's jersey was surprisngly bad.

Seen it.

I'm the looks can be deceiving guy. 6'1, in pretty good shape, just really not as good as I look :P I mean, I can shoot reliably up to a certain distance, but my decision making was never great, and it's probably a lot worse now. Foul way too much as well.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,668

Post#331 » by penbeast0 » Sun Oct 5, 2014 12:00 pm

I'm "the Old Guy" now . . . funny, but when I played a lot of pickup ball, the old guys never seemed to tire, they weren't athletic or physical, they were just spot up shooters but they could always go all day.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#332 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Oct 5, 2014 11:00 pm

I definitely have a little "my bad" and "rage monster" in me if my shot isn't falling. I'm easily the tall guy that shoots 3s, but... I make them, so stop **** telling me to post up :)

The guy who comes to the park wearing jeans is always a problem. Don't even know how that works.
ardee
RealGM

Post#333 » by ardee » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:43 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:I definitely have a little "my bad" and "rage monster" in me if my shot isn't falling. I'm easily the tall guy that shoots 3s, but... I make them, so stop **** telling me to post up :)

The guy who comes to the park wearing jeans is always a problem. Don't even know how that works.

You're not the rage monster unless you literally damage property

Sent from my GT-I9300 using RealGM Forums mobile app
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#334 » by GSP » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:47 am

Anyone know what happened to Dr positivity? when i first started posting here he was really active but i dont see him posting anymore......
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#335 » by SideshowBob » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Mufasa/Positivity posted some predictions on APBR a few weeks ago. I'm sure he'll be around once the season gets rolling.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#336 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:34 am

GSP wrote:Anyone know what happened to Dr positivity? when i first started posting here he was really active but i dont see him posting anymore......

Suspended a while back, forget for what but hasn't been back since.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#337 » by SideshowBob » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:45 am

bondom34 wrote:
GSP wrote:Anyone know what happened to Dr positivity? when i first started posting here he was really active but i dont see him posting anymore......

Oh wow really? So that's mystic and Mufasa both gone :(
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#338 » by bondom34 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:48 am

SideshowBob wrote:
bondom34 wrote:

Oh wow really? So that's mystic and Mufasa both gone :(

Nope, just suspended 7 days, so he's still able to post from what I know, mystic's done though.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#339 » by PaulieWal » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Just saw in a recently bumped thread that sp6r's location says "Retired". Shame. He was a good poster with great insights.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#340 » by kayess » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Anyone know why Positivity / mystic were banned?

And damn, mystic's done? Can't he just smurf though?

Return to Player Comparisons