90%

Total votes: 40

Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Re: Franchise: Giannis or Drummond? 

Post#21 » by Colbinii » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 pm

BizGilwalker wrote:Give me Drummond.

Also, I'm definitely in the minority on this one, but I think I'd build around Drummond before building around Anthony Davis. *hides*

That's foolish. Davis is both a better offensive and defensive player and also has a more developed game while Drummond hasn't shown signs of having a dominant 2 way game like Davis has already shown.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,526

Post#22 » by HornetJail » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Colbinii wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:Give me Drummond.

Also, I'm definitely in the minority on this one, but I think I'd build around Drummond before building around Anthony Davis. *hides*

That's foolish. Davis is both a better offensive and defensive player and also has a more developed game while Drummond hasn't shown signs of having a dominant 2 way game like Davis has already shown.

Drummond hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Wait till Van Gundy is finished with Drummond. Drummond averaged 13/13 (15/15 per 36) last season on amazing efficiency with little to no coaching. At 20 years old, a completely undeveloped, practically uncoached Andre Drummond was a force to be reckoned with. 2nd in the league in rebounds, FG%, 7th in blocks, 4th in ORtg... There is so much to work with. The last big man with his size, strength, and athleticism to come into the league was probably Shaquille O'Neal. I know taking him over Davis is going to be highly unpopular, but I'm sticking with it. Davis is crazy athletic and long, and has guard skills which is going to make him a really great player as well, but I really like Drummond's potential more than most.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
berkkobe7
Senior
And1: 419

Post#23 » by berkkobe7 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Even I am a Giannis homer, This is Andre Drummond, right now.
BUT, this season will be important for both of them and if Giannis shows me something other than flashes, im going with Giannis

Sent from my SM-G900FQ using RealGM Forums mobile app
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#24 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Quotatious wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Is Drummond really having much impact beyond raw boxscore numbers? Looks pretty lost defensively to me.

No, he's not really impactful outside of his boxscore production, but neither is Giannis, so it's a moot point. Taking Drummond seems like the only rational thing to do right now though.

Yeah I was only talking about the guys who think he's some sort of impact guy already which I'm not seeing other than his excellent rebounding. SVG is probably going to be great for him given that he looks lost on D so far. As far as Giannis goes I don't bother arguing with fans of other teams about him. We are the Bucks, if people are honest their opinions tend to be based on seeing him play once or twice so it's not a particularly interesting exercise IMO. (Not directed at you, a general comment)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
bbms
Analyst
And1: 531

Post#25 » by bbms » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Andre Drummond's a neutral player DRAPM-wise. Even if the defensive potential is there, his impact is yet to be perceived through box score.
Magic Boo
Bench Warmer
And1: 953

Re: AW: Franchise: Giannis or Drummond? 

Post#26 » by Magic Boo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:22 am

The guy who can shoot over 42% from the line.

We talk about Drummonds defensive potential, but what about Giannis'? He couls be really scary whit those long arms and hands. If he bulks up a little he could guard 1-5. And not like Lebron, i mean he could really guard 1-5.

And dont even talk about the offense.
Johnlac1
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,605

Post#27 » by Johnlac1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:12 am

tsherkin wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:
SactoKingsFan wrote:This is clearly Drummond. He has a higher ceiling and is currently a much more impactful player. Comparing Giannis to MCW or Oladipo would make more sense.

So you'd compare a 6'10-6'11 player who can handle the ball, score inside and outside, rebound and block shots to a 6'4 grd. like Oladipo?

"Can score" and "can score at a meaningful level of efficiency" are not the same thing. Giannis was pretty weak at the rim and godawful beyond 3 feet. His scoring isn't there yet. You're assuming realization of potential, but it remains reasonable to question that eventuality.

Fair enough. But as a Bucks fan, Giannis was one of the few reasons to watch the team last season. It might have just been Summer League, but he looks like a better player. If Kidd has any brains, when Giannis is on the floor, the off. should be run through him. He can facilitate better than any other Bucks player.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,147

Post#28 » by tsherkin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Johnlac1 wrote:
tsherkin wrote:
Johnlac1 wrote:So you'd compare a 6'10-6'11 player who can handle the ball, score inside and outside, rebound and block shots to a 6'4 grd. like Oladipo?

"Can score" and "can score at a meaningful level of efficiency" are not the same thing. Giannis was pretty weak at the rim and godawful beyond 3 feet. His scoring isn't there yet. You're assuming realization of potential, but it remains reasonable to question that eventuality.

Fair enough. But as a Bucks fan, Giannis was one of the few reasons to watch the team last season. It might have just been Summer League, but he looks like a better player. If Kidd has any brains, when Giannis is on the floor, the off. should be run through him. He can facilitate better than any other Bucks player.

Should be interestingto watch, i agree.

Return to Player Comparisons