NBA All-Overrated an All-Underrated team

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Re: NBA All-Overrated an All-Underrated team 

Post#21 » by Quotatious » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm

Basketballefan wrote:Parker should be in the overrated section. I can't stand his game and he got carried by the Spurs in the playoffs last year. Leonard is not underrated either.

Agreed, except I wouldn't say that I "can't stand" Parker's game - to me he's usually pretty entertaining to watch, but his real basketball value isn't that special. I'd say that Billups and prime Deron were better players in the last decade (I'd take current Curry, and obviously also Nash, Paul and Kidd over him).

Kawhi probably gets a little overrated based on his finals MVP and great finals performance. Frankly, I think of him as just a great role player (at least as long as he doesn't get a bigger role on a team). His lack of talent to make plays may be a problem if he was supposed to become a star.

Kyrie would be my #1 overrated player. Rondo before injuries would also be near the top of the list.

As far as LMA (as I see that he's almost an unanimous choice as the most overrated PF), he's a very impactful player, really good defender and his offense is a lot more valuable than you'd think based on his mediocre scoring efficiency), and I think he's in contention for the best PF.
Gus Fring
Pro Prospect
And1: 868

Post#22 » by Gus Fring » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Basketballefan wrote:
Deus wrote:All the posts saying Rondo is over-rated are hilarious. He's a pass-first PG who has averaged 10 assists over his last 4 seasons and very few TO's. How can anyone debate that?

Over-rated:

Lowry - lost to the Nets in the 1st round averaging less than 5 assists a game as their main passing guard.
Harden - lost to the Blazers in the 1st round averaging a PATHETIC 38% from the field as their shooting guard.
George - good player, but not the superstar many fans say he is.
Love - highest PER of all power fowards, but couldn't win a game for his team to save his life.
Howard - people say his offense was better last year, but I don't see it. His low post game is still very questionable for a superstar center.

Under-rated:

Tony Parker - played injured last year and still won a title
Manu Ginobli - clutch, never mentioned when fans talk top 5 shooting guards, which is silly
Kawhi Leonard - frustrated LBJ in the Finals last year on defense when no one thought he had a chance
David West - clutch, a leader
DeAndre Jordan - best center in the playoffs last year.

Parker should be in the overrated section. I can't stand his game and he got carried by the Spurs in the playoffs last year. Leonard is not underrated either.

Parker is a leader. He does exactly what the team needs him to do to win. He doesn't force anything. When he needs to get the offense running, he sets up the team, when he needs to score, he scores. He is the head of the best offense in the game and you alway see pop, Duncan, and Manu praising him for his leadership. There's a reason the spurs keep winning while beating younger teams in the loaded west. and the biggest reason is Parker.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Kings2013
Lead Assistant
And1: 932

Post#23 » by Kings2013 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:48 pm

I feel Leonard and Davis are hyped but very good young talents (overrated is a strong word). I feel as if AD is kind of like the new sensation everyone fawns over, but he still has something to show me before I pencil him as future top player etc. With Leonard I do feel its largely the system, and don't know how much we would talking about him if he played in Detroit. Chris Bosh IMO shouldn't be receiving that contract

Two players I think are underrated are Lowry and Gay. Lowry IMO is the heart and soul of the Raps and they would not resemble the same team without him. Rudy played like an all star in Sac and was solid in Memphis yet I feel is largely dismissed
JoseRizal
General Manager
And1: 2,233

Post#24 » by JoseRizal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:16 am

Overrated:

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Paul George
PF - Kevin Love
C - Roy Hibbert

Underrated: