Best case scenario for LeBron's Cavs?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Best case scenario for LeBron's Cavs? 

Post#1 » by tonyreyes123 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Short term and long term, what do you see is the best case for this new superteam? 70 wins this year? 4-5 Championships in the next 7 year window? Discuss.
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
Gus Fring
Pro Prospect
And1: 868

Re: Best case scenario for LeBron's Cavs? 

Post#2 » by Gus Fring » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Absolute best case scenario realistically?

Short term: 56 win season, everyone's healthy and gels before playoffs begin, make it to the finals.

Long term: avg 55 - 65 wins a year for 4 or 5 years, multiple finals births, win at least 2.
colts18
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#3 » by colts18 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Best case scenario

71 win season, average 67 wins over the next 4 years with a 4 peat.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#4 » by PaulieWal » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Best case scenario would be the health of their 2 stars and budding star Kyrie. As long as Kyrie and Love don't take more than one year to mesh their games with LeBron and don't suffer from too many growing pains in the playoffs that should be a good scenario for Cleveland.

Long term they will need Blatt to be a good NBA coach or this isn't gonna work.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
OnePostLegend
Senior
And1: 185

Post#5 » by OnePostLegend » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Gus Fring wrote:Absolute best case scenario realistically?

Short term: 56 win season, everyone's healthy and gels before playoffs begin, make it to the finals.

Long term: avg 55 - 65 wins a year for 4 or 5 years, multiple finals births, win at least 2.

How is a 56-win season the absolute best-case scenario? That's the best-case scenario for, like, Toronto.
Gus Fring
Pro Prospect
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Gus Fring » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 pm

OnePostLegend wrote:
Gus Fring wrote:Absolute best case scenario realistically?

How is a 56-win season the absolute best-case scenario? That's the best-case scenario for, like, Toronto.

I meant 58 and I could see them at 58-62 as best case, but I don't think they are going to come out and dominate. They still have some flaws and there's alot holding them back. Basically a completely new team under new coaching philosophies with a majority of their talent being on losing squads their entire career. I think if they get 58 that means they basically overcame everything holding them back but I expect them to get 51-54 wins in their first year together. I mean the Thunder and Clippers one 58 and 56 games last year I don't think they'll be as good as them till at least March when they really start to gel. They are probably going to go through some growing pains in the beginning of the year, even the Heat did.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#7 » by Joao Saraiva » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:34 pm

1st of all they're not a super team OP.

Kevin Love is a great player but he's unproven and has absolutely no playoff experience.

Kyrie is a good player but couldn't even take Cleveland to the playoffs. People arround here always say the East is trash, but now that Kyrie doesn't take Cleveland to the playoffs, he still counts as part of a big 3 and super team?
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
jmomcc
Junior
And1: 220

Post#8 » by jmomcc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:19 am

Best case scenario:

Everybody important stays healthy.
LeBron is the elite into mid thirties
Love turns out to be the perfect superstar foil to LeBron.
Irving develops and stays healthy. Doesn't settle for just being a spot up shooter.
Blatt is a great coach.
They don't waste draft picks and find young cheap athletic 3&D guys.
One of those guys overshoots his perceived ceiling.
They draft/unearth a rim protector.

5 titles in the next 8 years.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#9 » by Young_Star11 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:31 am

Best case for the next four years, 4 trips to the Finals. Would they do better than 2-2? Perhaps.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#10 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:33 am

Best case
Everyone is healthy
Love becomes a better defender.
Kyrie becomes more a pass first PG
Lebron develops more of a post game and shoots better and scores more
Go to back to back finals. And win one ring.
Modulate
Rookie
And1: 1,407

Post#11 » by Modulate » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:38 am

7 years, huh. Okay.

Let's be conservative and say, the next 3 years (assuming Lebron is the #1 guy in the league or at minimum, in that argument), their best scenario is to have is multiple (3 consecutive) 70+ win seasons and multiple (3 consecutive) championships. After that, I guess the best case scenario is that Kyrie and Love have become absolutely elite players and have a fading, yet extremely effective Lebron as their 2nd/3rd/whatever option and go on to win 4 more titles.

Can't get it any better than that....or can it?

Return to Player Comparisons