Jason Terry vs. BobbyJackson

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

SlobbaN
Banned User
And1: 459

Jason Terry vs. BobbyJackson 

Post#1 » by SlobbaN » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:04 pm

Both were super sixths men in their prime. Who had better career, prime and pick?
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Re: Jason Terry vs. BobbyJackson 

Post#2 » by ronnymac2 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Jason Terry was a much better player, but as a fan of the Shaq Lakers, Bobby Jackson used to scare the hell out of me. Dude was everywhere. So much energy. I swear he could score 8 points in 1:30 more frequently than anybody of the era.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
WhateverBro
Head Coach
And1: 1,578

Post#3 » by WhateverBro » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Jason Terry and I do not believe this is close, at all.
Chi-laska
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Chi-laska » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Jason Terry, the fact that Lebron was guarding him and JT was still able to get his in the NBA finals would make this an easy choice for me.
TheBomb81
Pro Prospect
And1: 64

Post#5 » by TheBomb81 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:31 am

Jason Terry for all three no doubt.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,263

Post#6 » by trex_8063 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:05 am

The Jet, and don't even think it's particularly close. Don't think Bobby Jackson had even ONE season ('03 probably his closest) that was as good as what Terry was routinely doing throughout his prime.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,681

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:29 pm

ronnymac2 wrote:Jason Terry was a much better player, but as a fan of the Shaq Lakers, Bobby Jackson used to scare the hell out of me. Dude was everywhere. So much energy. I swear he could score 8 points in 1:30 more frequently than anybody of the era.

Pretty much this and as a Mavs fan he always scared me too. Those Kings teams were always so tough for me because I loved Christie, Divac, Jackson, Pollard, and Miller and absolutely hated Webber and Bibby and Peja.

Bobby Jackson was so fun to watch play, but Jason Terry was a sneaky good player.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#8 » by HornetJail » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:18 pm

I remember Jackson more from the end of his prime, but Terry was on another level IMO. What Terry did for the Mavericks was definitely beyond anything I saw from Jackson, and Terry held that form throughout his tenure as a Maverick whether he was coming off the bench or starting. I was a huge fan of the Dirk/Terry combo, and really want to see it again. Dallas was my team when Charlotte didn't have one, and they've pretty much been my Western team to root for in the playoffs ever since. Dirk was obviously the biggest reason, but Terry was a big reason I continued to follow the Mavs.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#9 » by JordansBulls » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Jason Terry is an ideal starter, Bobby Jackson is not.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan

Return to Player Comparisons