How would've Manu done as the #1 perimeter option?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

aal04
Sixth Man
And1: 559

Re: How would've Manu done as the #1 perimeter option? 

Post#21 » by aal04 » Wed Oct 1, 2014 1:33 am

Prime Manu is worlds better than Harden.

We talking about a guy who soloed team USA
jinxed
Starter
And1: 1,298

Post#22 » by jinxed » Wed Oct 1, 2014 1:38 am

Texhazeallday wrote:
KyletheDingbat wrote:Manu rivaled Kobe for a couple seasons, so if things broke right I see him being that kind of player.

Side note: I think Kobe was overrated.

lol @ a guy who made 2 all-star games in 11 seasons rivaling Kobe. Please. Manu isn't even in the same universe as prime Bryant. He would have never been that kind of player. :lol:

The best advanced stats (Adjusted plus/minus) say Manu was better than Kobe, at least on a per minute basis.

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/14y.html

Even Win Shares which ranks Manu as the 13th top player of all time on a per minute basis ..and Kobe as 34th..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/ws_per_48_career.html
Check out my book! "The Awakened Ape :A Biohacker's Guide to Evolutionary Fitness, Natural Ecstasy, and Stress-Free Living"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSJN3Q4?ref_=pe_2427780_160035660
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#23 » by sixerswillrule » Wed Oct 1, 2014 2:08 am

RSCD3_ wrote:It sure is a sign of how bad the SG position is if manu a sixth man for a contender was better than harden.

Like the best SG in the league wouldn't even be a starter on a contender a mere 10 or so years ago

Meaningless statement.

So in 2008 you could've said "It sure is a sign of how bad the SG position is if manu a sixth man is the 3rd best SG in the league". Which he was. He made the all NBA third team. Starting, not starting, doesn't matter.
fancynapkin
Junior
And1: 310

Post#24 » by fancynapkin » Wed Oct 1, 2014 5:55 am

Texhazeallday wrote:
KyletheDingbat wrote:Manu rivaled Kobe for a couple seasons, so if things broke right I see him being that kind of player.

Side note: I think Kobe was overrated.

lol @ a guy who made 2 all-star games in 11 seasons rivaling Kobe. Please. Manu isn't even in the same universe as prime Bryant. He would have never been that kind of player. :lol:

Didn't Kobe get voted into all-star last season despite playing 6 games? He must be really damn good, huh?
Darren_Errman
Senior
And1: 265

Post#25 » by Darren_Errman » Thu Oct 2, 2014 11:58 pm

If he started and played big minutes, 22ppg on 45% / 35% was realistic IMO. Manu's game was high energy and I don't think he could handle 38mpg for 82 games without his efficiency dropping.
ThaRegul8r
Head Coach
And1: 3,019

Post#26 » by ThaRegul8r » Fri Oct 3, 2014 1:42 am

fancynapkin wrote:Didn't Kobe get voted into all-star last season despite playing 6 games? He must be really damn good, huh?

The All-Star starting lineup is literally a popularity contest. It doesn't necessarily automatically mean that no one voted as an All-Star starter is deserving, but in an of itself it isn't a substitute for actually looking at a player's play to see whether or not it's All-Star caliber. Not everyone who plays All-Star caliber ball gets voted to the team either, since there are a limited number of spots. There are snubs and omissions every year.
I remember your posts from the RPOY project, you consistently brought it. Please continue to do so, sir. This board needs guys like you to counteract ... worthless posters

Retirement isn’t the end of the road, but just a turn in the road. – Unknown
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#27 » by sca » Fri Oct 3, 2014 8:52 am

24-5-6 with good defense and above average percentages would be my guess... But durability has always been a big issue with Manu.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#28 » by sca » Fri Oct 3, 2014 8:55 am

RSCD3_ wrote:It sure is a sign of how bad the SG position is if manu a sixth man for a contender was better than harden.

Like the best SG in the league wouldn't even be a starter on a contender a mere 10 or so years ago

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I think your statement implies that a prime Manu wouldn't have been able to start for a contender, which is far from the truth.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
AMW27
Pro Prospect
And1: 243

Post#29 » by AMW27 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 10:17 am

Manu when at his best could be a go to guy on another team, but not capable of leading them deep into playoffs as the number one.

He probably could have left the Spurs years ago to get more money, a full time starting position to be the so called man elsewhere but he was smart to stay in San Antonio.

Return to Player Comparisons