Jamal Crawford - HOFer?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Witzig-Okashi
Rookie
And1: 379

Jamal Crawford - HOFer? 

Post#1 » by Witzig-Okashi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:00 pm

Just a random thought that I decided to ask other folks' opinions about.

What does folks on the PC board feel about his chances? I know the HOF ballot is far from perfect, but could they make an exception for Crawford up to this point?

Although I don't think he is one, what is the likelihood of a two time 6th MOY winner getting in?

Hypothetically speaking, if the Clippers are to win the title this year and he is in the running for the award again (and actually plays well in the playoffs during the stretch), how much better are his chances of getting in?
"Everybody eats"
-Bradley Beal
"*Sigh* The things I do for love."
-Courage the Cowardly Dog
colts18
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Re: Jamal Crawford - HOFer? 

Post#2 » by colts18 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 pm

How about no :lol:

What's next? Are you going to put in Carlos Boozer, Jamaal Magloire, and Ben Gordon in the HOF?
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#3 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Very Low

I see his actual impact as not that special considering he's a remorseless chucker who is a sieve on defense and a lot of his reputation is off his scoring alone.

If you want a sixth man type guy it would have to be a ginobili or harden level guy, both smart players who could pass well and find ways into the paint

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,879

Post#4 » by ronnymac2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Hell no.

Only way this happens is if the Clippers win the next 2 titles with Crawford somehow winning 2 Finals MVPs over CP3, Blake, and DeAndre with legendary scoring performances. I"m talking 30 PPG, 3-point shooting records, and scoring 50+ in a Finals game.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#5 » by JordansBulls » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:16 pm

colts18 wrote:How about no :lol:

What's next? Are you going to put in Carlos Boozer, Jamaal Magloire, and Ben Gordon in the HOF?

Carlos Boozer is certainly more HOF qualified than Crawford
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#6 » by Quotatious » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:16 pm

No, not even close. I mean, he never even made an All-Star appearance, and even though he's a really good offensive player because of his shot creation abilities, his defense was so bad that his overall impact was often negative (for example, he's a clear negative as an overall player every year since 2008, according to GotBuckets RAPM). I don't think he's a below average NBA player (he's too talented for that), but he can't really be anything more than a sixth man on a good team (and obviously not a Manu-like sixth man, where Ginobili's impact is actually terrific).

Honestly, I doubt if even a guy like Shawn Marion will make the Hall, let alone a player like Crawford.
Witzig-Okashi
Rookie

Post#7 » by Witzig-Okashi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:20 pm

Nice to see everyone in unsion. :D

I'm not a fan on his (not even when he was a Hawk) but I've been a bit skeptical of the HOF committee as of late. If the Clips are to be successful with championships2), if Crawford played decently would he be in by default? Like I said, just a random thought.

ronnymac2 wrote:Hell no.

Only way this happens is if the Clippers win the next 2 titles with Crawford somehow winning 2 Finals MVPs over CP3, Blake, and DeAndre with legendary scoring performances. I"m talking 30 PPG, 3-point shooting records, and scoring 50+ in a Finals game.

Damn. That ain't happenin'.... :lol:
"Everybody eats"
-Bradley Beal
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,667

Post#8 » by penbeast0 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Witzig-Okashi wrote:Just a random thought that I decided to ask other folks' opinions about.

What does folks on the PC board feel about his chances? I know the HOF ballot is far from perfect, but could they make an exception for Crawford up to this point?

Although I don't think he is one, what is the likelihood of a two time 6th MOY winner getting in?

Hypothetically speaking, if the Clippers are to win the title this year and he is in the running for the award again (and actually plays well in the playoffs during the stretch), how much better are his chances of getting in?

If you look at the "GOAT Bench Player" thread, you will see 10-20 guys there better and better qualified for the HOF than Jamal Crawford.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Witzig-Okashi
Rookie

Post#9 » by Witzig-Okashi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Quotatious wrote:Honestly, I doubt if even a guy like Shawn Marion will make the Hall, let alone a player like Crawford.

Unfortunately (for Marion)... :x
"Everybody eats"
-Bradley Beal
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#10 » by Quotatious » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:30 pm

Witzig-Okashi wrote:Unfortunately (for Marion)... :x

Oh, I agree. I think lack of accolades will hurt Matrix's chances. He's a 4-time All-Star and a two-time member of the All-NBA 3rd team, but the fact that he never made an All-Defensive team is really hard to believe. One of the most versatile defenders of the 2000s, could guard wing scorers, some PFs, and especially his help defense was very disruptive. His combined steals/blocks numbers in Phoenix were pretty much the same as prime Dr. J's (ironically, Doc is a very underrated defender, as well). Also a very good scorer (18.4 PPG on 54.9% TS for his career as a Sun), and a great rebounder for a guy his size. One of my favorite complementary stars ever.
Masigond
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#11 » by Masigond » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:34 pm

No way. Marion is a better candidate and still no more than a borderline candidate. As another example: Schrempf was a better player than Crawford, he has won two SMOTY awards, and while he certainly lacks championships, his teams overall weren't bad (he had 114 playoffs games in comparison to Crawford's 42 as of now. Make that 114-75 if Crawford's Clippers will be somewhat successful in his remaining career years, and it's still not close), which makes up for the difference to Crawford's hypothecial third SMOTY award. Add Schrempf's three All-Star nominations. Still, he's no HOFer. Crawford as a worse player has no shot.
Basketballefan
Banned User
And1: 583

Post#12 » by Basketballefan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:52 pm

Is this a troll thread??

Crawford has never been a top 20 player in the league, or made an all star game, or all nba team. And you're asking if hes hof??

What about Rudy Gay is he hof? How about Monte Ellis?
Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Post#13 » by Jim Naismith » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:20 am

According to Basketball Reference, Jamal Crawford's hall-of-fame probability is 0.0021, #74 among active players.

So Crawford has about a 1-in-500 shot.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,299

Post#14 » by nate33 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:31 am

Basketballefan wrote:Is this a troll thread??

Crawford has never been a top 20 player in the league, or made an all star game, or all nba team. And you're asking if hes hof??

What about Rudy Gay is he hof? How about Monte Ellis?

Crawford has never even been a top 50 player in the league. He has no chance of making the HOF. None.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#15 » by Winsome Gerbil » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:13 am

Jim Naismith wrote:According to Basketball Reference, Jamal Crawford's hall-of-fame probability is 0.0021, #74 among active players.

So Crawford has about a 1-in-500 shot.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

They're being too generous.

The HOFs standards are a lot higher and a lot less mysterious than people often make out. I think they get confused at all the subcategories where obviously inferior players get in fro playing in Europe or college or whatever. NBA guys though? Mitch Richmond was considered borderline. Jamal Crawford...haha.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#16 » by HornetJail » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:02 am

Let's put Gerald Wallace in the hall of fame while we're at it. :rofl:
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#17 » by Devilzsidewalk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:26 am

BizGilwalker wrote:Let's put Gerald Wallace in the hall of fame while we're at it. :rofl:

best player in Bobcats history, show some RESPECT
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,647

Post#18 » by GSP » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:55 am

Kj, Moncrief, Mcginnis, Spencer Haywood, Marques, Sikma, Cummings, Price, Aguirre, Ho Grant, etc arent in the hall of fame

that should answer ur question.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#19 » by RightToCensor » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 am

Jamal Crawford will be a modern day streetball legend, that's about it.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#20 » by HornetJail » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:36 am

Devilzsidewalk wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:Let's put Gerald Wallace in the hall of fame while we're at it. :rofl:

best player in Bobcats history, show some RESPECT

haha definitely. maybe he gets his jersey retired, but i would be floored if he was even discussed.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Player Comparisons