The Lebron Thread (2014-15 Pt.1)

Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,404

Re: The Lebron Thread (2014-15 Pt.1) 

Post#1601 » by Hornet Mania » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Aren't all the best PED clinics in Miami? I wonder if you can get juiced in Cleveland.

(Kidding, but it definitely crossed my mind as a possibility)
DWadeno3
RealGM
And1: 2,941

Post#1602 » by DWadeno3 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:54 pm

GSP wrote:https://vine.co/v/O1zlnEZ2pve

man.............i cant even remember the last time Lebron was so inattentive on a defensive possession

LeBron wasn't playing well defensively with us last year, neither in the regular season nor in the playoffs. The only reason it was never pointed out was because the entire team was coasting in the regular season and on top of the defensive shortcomings, most players didn't produce offensively either. That, and the Spurs clicking on all cylinders, was the reason we were annihilated. Watch some tape of the Finals again and you'll see similar defensive efforts by LeBron. I wouldn't be surprised if fatigue and lingering injuries, even if they're minor, play a role in it.

With that being said, I'm surprised about his entire attitude this year. I thought he had changed in Miami but it seems it was more of a product of the environment we have down here. If there's one guy who should really be behind his coach and support him no matter what, at least in the first half of the season, it's LeBron. If he shows that he trusts Blatt and is willing to follow his lead, the rest of the team will buy into it as well and better basketball will be played. Instead, there seems to be tension all over the place and LeBron is at least not helping the case. If he trusts the coach and the Cavs are not showing any improvement after 40 games or so, then you can start talking to your coach. But before that, just do what the staff asks you to and trust their plan.

#HeatLifer
Swagalicious
Sixth Man
And1: 574

Post#1603 » by Swagalicious » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:08 pm

The Explorer wrote:Is this version of LeBron combined with all the losing, the poor defense and body language hurting his overall legacy. Many people had him top 5 all time before he left Miami. Does he go down the list because of this?

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

Top 5 all time before he left miami? Who? Gloria James?
Biz Gilwalker wrote:2009 Kobe didn't play defense
FreeChef
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#1604 » by FreeChef » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:44 pm

GSP wrote:Lebron is a very good leader but the way hes been treating the cavs players like kids is kinda condescending. He was never really in a position to use this leadership style before since he wasnt as accomplished before but he should be trying to pass on stuff to the next gen in a different way. The whole "Im wise and monitoring their mistakes like they are my kids" would get on my nerves if i was a player. I think hes having trouble adjusting there.

Never thought I'd say this but he's turning into Kobe.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#1605 » by Jedi32 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:51 pm

We as fans always want instant results but it's just to early to evaluate lebron or any player for that matter. The guy is older he had alot of minutes a new system and again it's just to early.
kennygee90
Junior
And1: 104

Post#1606 » by kennygee90 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:14 pm

Its really shocking to watch him not even be able to turn the corner on a defender. Dude is losing his explosiveness or is just disinterested. He played with an amazing team in miami with a bunch of high basketball IQ veterans, now his in a team with a bunch of young players who are trying to make a name for themselves in the league. Its not easy telling young guys to sacrifice their game, hell kobe had a problem with that in the early 2000's but he always came through in the playoffs. Lebron needs another leader in the team which in IMO should be kevin love, to step up and take charge cause lebron is no kobe or jordan when it comes to agressiveness. Develop a pecking order and whoever doesnt like it leaves.
_Game7_
Veteran
And1: 1,415

Post#1607 » by _Game7_ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:13 pm

Guys need to relax. All this talk of him loosing explosiveness is stupid. Dude is still probably the fastest player on the court end to end. He is not 24 anymore, he's 30.

With that in mind, look at how he is playing. No postups so far this year. He is just playing dead out there, not getting back on d, very little effort on offense imo. He is approaching games with this stupid mindset of Im the King, show me what you silly pawns can do.

Funny how when he actually plays like Lebron we win games, and he looks like he is on his way to mvp #5. When he comes out with this dumb fairy tale mindset he looks dumb and out of place.

However if you know Lebron you know he is just really trying to get into midseason form. He is the least of the Cavs problem. When games go on I expect him to get back in the post and I bet that's when the Cavs really take off on the league.
Exodus wrote:I think Kyrie Irving in the best player on the team to be honest
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#1608 » by Exodus » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:59 pm

I hope Lebron learns to win not win the hearts of the media and outliers and instead win the heart of his teammates. I think he should keep more things in house especially with a young team. These guys aren't veterans who been around for a while and know the game. Lebron should be more careful when putting his team on blast to the media. because it will back fire on him.
Greatness
RealGM
And1: 4,535

Post#1609 » by Greatness » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Exodus wrote:I hope Lebron learns to win not win the hearts of the media and outliers and instead win the heart of his teammates. I think he should keep more things in house especially with a young team. These guys aren't veterans who been around for a while and know the game. Lebron should be more careful when putting his team on blast to the media. because it will back fire on him.

I actually agree with this.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#1610 » by PaulieWal » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:28 pm

Greatness wrote:
Exodus wrote:I hope Lebron learns to win not win the hearts of the media and outliers and instead win the heart of his teammates. I think he should keep more things in house especially with a young team. These guys aren't veterans who been around for a while and know the game. Lebron should be more careful when putting his team on blast to the media. because it will back fire on him.

I actually agree with this.

Lol I do too. Against the Wiz I was agreeing with Jon Barry as well. :lol: Maybe it's the air.

I actually said something similar to what Exodus is saying after the Wiz game or the Raps game. Wade/Riley were direct with LeBron and were not putting him on blast in the media. Wade was yelling at LeBron on the court in the Dallas series. That's what LeBron needs to do, start playing well himself and become a leader on the court instead of whining to the media after every game about his teammates.

Edit: To given an example, the couple of GIFs where Waiters has taken bad shots and LeBron acts incredibly deflated need to play out differently. He needs to tell Waiters right then and there about his dumb shot selection. Get in his face if you have to. Acting like you just lost the game 7 of a playoff series and not running back on defense because Waiters did something dumb is not good leadership.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Bled
Sixth Man
And1: 261

Post#1611 » by Bled » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Positive sign: Lebron acknowledges that he is screwing up as a leader right now and he needs to step it up. I'm glad to hear him take accountability and hopefully we see some changes moving forward.
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#1612 » by SideshowBob » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Haven't had time to watch any games the last few days between Thanksgiving prep and Smash, but wow, has it been that bad? He didn't play the best game against San Antonio, but I thought he looked decent. Plus he looked fantastic physically against NO/BOS/ATL, and not to shabby vs. Denver either (despite jumping ability, though even that seemed like it was rounding into shape). It seems kind of unlikely that he could just permanently decline in the span of a week, forget the offseason.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
Bled
Sixth Man
And1: 261

Post#1613 » by Bled » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:49 pm

SideshowBob wrote:Haven't had time to watch any games the last few days between Thanksgiving prep and Smash, but wow, has it been that bad? He didn't play the best game against San Antonio, but I thought he looked decent. Plus he looked fantastic physically against NO/BOS/ATL, and not to shabby vs. Denver either (despite jumping ability, though even that seemed like it was rounding into shape). It seems kind of unlikely that he could just permanently decline in the span of a week, forget the offseason.

I think the continuity isnt there so we're gonna see different versions of Lebron until that happens. It's been pretty terrible, but not only for Lebron but the entire Cavs team.
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#1614 » by JLei » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:04 pm

SideshowBob wrote:Haven't had time to watch any games the last few days between Thanksgiving prep and Smash, but wow, has it been that bad? He didn't play the best game against San Antonio, but I thought he looked decent. Plus he looked fantastic physically against NO/BOS/ATL, and not to shabby vs. Denver either (despite jumping ability, though even that seemed like it was rounding into shape). It seems kind of unlikely that he could just permanently decline in the span of a week, forget the offseason.

People are overreacting to the physical issues. As you point out he looked fine during that 4 game winning streak.

The listlessness, not giving a **** and having no competitiveness is the main issue right now. And I don't like it. Lebron usually gets pissed off and responds when the other team goes on a run. Most competitive guy in the league besides maybe Kobe. These past few games he's just sulked and SMH'd at his teammates.

He's been playing as soft as his team and it reflects. But I can see why he won't dip into the tank as I called it last year. He doesn't trust his team to get stops so he refuses to take over. The 2 times he did were against Chicago (because he had a bad game on National TV the night prior) and against Boston when he smelled blood against a young team. Every other game he just rolled over like the rest of his team refusing to fight back. They need a lot of work.

Everything is not bad (on the offensive end). They are elite in early offense and have 3 guys who are extremely good end of clock/ bailout guys. Just the half court offense really sucks right now. I'm finding it really hard to believe why you aren't running Kyrie/Love, Lebron/Love, Kyrie/Lebron, Lebron/ Kyrie pick and rolls every time in the half court. It's not **** rocket science and I'd bet that those possessions that they have done wield an above average offense.

Teams have resorted to not guarding Marion/ Varejao/ Thompson and Waiters. This has screwed up the spacing a little bit for Lebron in the half court.

It took Miami a long time to get movement/ diversion screening before their pick and roll sets which was the bread and butter of their offense besides the horns into Lebron/ Wade post ups. However they spammed pick and rolls into a top 10 offense through the first 2 years. The Cavs can do that too. Blatt is trying to get too fancy early. Half these sets look (Please Use More Appropriate Word) and they never get into what they actually were trying to accomplish.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#1615 » by Doormatt » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:47 pm

The Explorer wrote:Is this version of LeBron combined with all the losing, the poor defense and body language hurting his overall legacy. Many people had him top 5 all time before he left Miami. Does he go down the list because of this?

Sent from my SM-G900T using RealGM Forums mobile app

yes 12 games of a seasons is going to hurt lebrons legacy, absolutely kill it.

honestly, do some of you even think about what youre saying before you hit submit?
#doorgek
Mutnt
Veteran
And1: 726

Post#1616 » by Mutnt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:11 am

Looking for improvement anywhere once again. It starts with effort, energy, body language, leadership etc. Orlando's defense shouldn't really bother Cleveland.

One day at the time.
JLei
Lead Assistant

Post#1617 » by JLei » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:18 am

Nice play in the post so far.

That Shawn Marion post up is such a bad play call though.

Why is this team allergic to pick and roll?

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
akronhammer
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1618 » by akronhammer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:19 am

LeBron's been effective, but his lift is bruuuuutal. He had a layup/dunk attempt blocked by the rim, but got bailed out by a weak foul call. He also barely got off the ground on a dunk in transition. This is just depressing.
Mutnt
Veteran
And1: 726

Post#1619 » by Mutnt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:20 am

I can't watch Marion on offense. He's probably one of the worst offensive players in the league right now and literary useless out there, killing spacing and everything.

LeBron is trying nicely right now, but I still can't help but cringe when he does his stiff footed drives.
JLei
Lead Assistant

Post#1620 » by JLei » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:21 am

Hey look what happens when he plays like he gives a ****. Lol