Paul Millsap
62%

Total votes: 13

mdonnelly1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,324

Paul Millsap V Z-Bo 

Post#1 » by mdonnelly1989 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:03 pm

ESPN Ranked both #32 & #33 respectively with the same exact rating so this is why I bring it up?
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Re: Paul Millsap V Z-Bo 

Post#2 » by Quotatious » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:12 pm

I'd say Millsap is better right now. He's better in terms of boxscore metrics and RAPM, much better defensively, and a more efficient scorer. Z-Bo's post game is more valuable than his (really poor) efficiency suggests (the same as for example LaMarcus Aldridge or Al Jefferson), because you can throw him a ball on the block and he can create space with his strength, big butt and crafty moves, and he's a clearly better rebounder, but I'd take Millsap, by a little. Peak Randolph (2010 and 2011) was definitely a better player than Millsap, but he's declined quite noticeably, since that time.

It's still close, but I'd give Millsap the edge. What's interesting is that Millsap isn't even the best bigman on his team - I think that Al Horford is better than him (or at least was, before the injury last season) - if Horford comes back strong, and both stay healthy, Atlanta is going to be a really tough matchup for any team in the league.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#3 » by GYK » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:20 pm

I can't say if Paul is better then Zach I just didn't watch the Hawks on league past. But above gets credit for acknowledging the importance of a big derrière.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,263

Post#4 » by trex_8063 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:35 am

At this point I'd probably say Millsap, though he's apparently just coming into his peak, meanwhile Z-Bo is on the front-end of decline. Peak vs. peak, Randolph was better.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#5 » by RightToCensor » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:55 am

They are both equally very good, but not great PFs.

What is clear to me is that Paul is the better stretch 4, and I'd personally want him in Houston over Zach.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#6 » by PCProductions » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:55 am

I think the ranking is a little too low for Randolph and too high for Millsap. Millsap plays both ends well and Randolph is pretty limited offensively as well as pretty bad defensively.
mdonnelly1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,324

Post#7 » by mdonnelly1989 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:14 am

Quotatious wrote:I'd say Millsap is better right now. He's better in terms of boxscore metrics and RAPM, much better defensively, and a more efficient scorer. Z-Bo's post game is more valuable than his (really poor) efficiency suggests (the same as for example LaMarcus Aldridge or Al Jefferson), because you can throw him a ball on the block and he can create space with his strength, big butt and crafty moves, and he's a clearly better rebounder, but I'd take Millsap, by a little. Peak Randolph (2010 and 2011) was definitely a better player than Millsap, but he's declined quite noticeably, since that time.

It's still close, but I'd give Millsap the edge. What's interesting is that Millsap isn't even the best bigman on his team - I think that Al Horford is better than him (or at least was, before the injury last season) - if Horford comes back strong, and both stay healthy, Atlanta is going to be a really tough matchup for any team in the league.

I completely agree if he comes back strong which I expect they are going to be A VERY under the radar team.

Jeff Teague is a pretty legit PG with Korver and a front court of Millsap and Horford whew!

I def think Horford is a better big man yes.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#8 » by GSP » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:23 am

PCProductions wrote:I think the ranking is a little too low for Randolph and too high for Millsap. Millsap plays both ends well and Randolph is pretty limited offensively as well as pretty bad defensively.

32 too high for Millsap? Thats about where he should rank IMO
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#9 » by TrueStoryGSW » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:07 am

I think millsap is getting a little bit overrated these days. Sure his rapm and offensive numbers look good right now because he's in a perfect system..

If I'm actually serious about winning I still take zbo.

I mean answer this to your self being honest?

Who whould you rather have as your pf if you're memphis in the western conference playoffs zbo or millsap?

I mean there's no way that the grizz would beat the clipps 2 years straight with millsap instead of zbo.

He just couldn't do **** against griffin, let's be real here.
PCProductions
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,989

Post#10 » by PCProductions » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:04 pm

GSP wrote:
PCProductions wrote:I think the ranking is a little too low for Randolph and too high for Millsap. Millsap plays both ends well and Randolph is pretty limited offensively as well as pretty bad defensively.

32 too high for Millsap? Thats about where he should rank IMO

On second thought, you're probably right. He's a great player, though, and I could see him being considered for top 30.

Return to Player Comparisons