SF: Corey Brewer
SG: Nick Young
PG: Darren Collison
C: Chris Kaman
SF: Chris Douglas Roberts

Coached by Hornacek, the current coach of phoneix

What would their chances be and if not the favorite who is above them

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Re: Could this team win the east 

Post#2 » by Winsome Gerbil » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:12 am

er...I mean its the East. They'd make the playoffs. And in the East you don't have to worry as much about big guys coming along and crushing that weenie frontline. But there will be nights when Drummond drops 20-20, rebounding is going to be an issue, there is no obvious true goto guy, and really the shooting looks a bit shaky.

Outside of that, there's some good talent. :P Just sort of lacking the meat and potatoes.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 am

That's a tough one. They probably match up favorably to the Bulls, but there's nobody to guard Lebron in Cleveland. No go-to scorers but a lot of secondary scorers. I'm very skeptical that a team with CP3 as their best scorer could make it to the finals, but the fit is pretty nice. If the Cavs gain a defensive center, they would win this conference for sure, but otherwise it really doesn't take a lot to win the East, and this team could potentially do it if they gain enough chemistry by playoff time. Which ever Western team makes the finals would take a dump on any Eastern team though.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#4 » by Joao Saraiva » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:40 am

2nd round exit or an ECF appearence at most. I still think Cleveland, Heat and Bulls have all a good chance of beating that team. With the Heat would be a toss up, and would depend a lot on how Bosh is playing. The Bulls would suffocate them with their D and Cleveland has too much talent.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Pipp33
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#5 » by Pipp33 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:48 am

The Bench alone would make the finals in the East!!
Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team
CrazyB0y
Pro Prospect
And1: 288

Post#6 » by CrazyB0y » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:58 am

yep ... could win the east

but swept in the finals
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#7 » by GYK » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:24 am

This is a really strong team
Extremely deep. Another PG/SG away from being top of the West as well.
Chi-laska
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#8 » by Chi-laska » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 pm

I think this team would be second round fodder maybe even first round if they were a fifth seed. They have no real post threat and during crunch time the only person you have to really worry about is Chris Paul. If I was coaching against this team, I would have my players trap Chris Paul at Half court and keep the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Also as soon as Ibaka leaves the game their interior defense would be weak, he would have to play 45mins a game in a playoff series.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,265

Post#9 » by trex_8063 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:00 pm

They would definitely have a shot, imo. It's far from a certainty, though.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by trex_8063 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:06 pm

Joao Saraiva wrote:2nd round exit or an ECF appearence at most. I still think Cleveland, Heat and Bulls have all a good chance of beating that team. With the Heat would be a toss up, and would depend a lot on how Bosh is playing. The Bulls would suffocate them with their D and Cleveland has too much talent.

Bulls I'll agree with.
But until they prove otherwise, I'm not convinced of Cleveland's awesomeness. I was worried the chemistry wouldn't be there, and was worried defense would be an issue for them, too. So far, both of those worries have proven valid. I don't see Miami as being particularly strong, either. They're a 4-seed AT BEST this year, imo.

I know they play in a weak division, but the other team I'm kind of impressed with in the East is the Raptors. They lack superstar talent, but not All-Star talent. And they've got chemistry and reasonable depth, and at least a little talent at each position. I think they could be the best team in franchise history, anyway.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Joao Saraiva
RealGM

Post#11 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:37 am

trex_8063 wrote:
Joao Saraiva wrote:2nd round exit or an ECF appearence at most. I still think Cleveland, Heat and Bulls have all a good chance of beating that team. With the Heat would be a toss up, and would depend a lot on how Bosh is playing. The Bulls would suffocate them with their D and Cleveland has too much talent.

Bulls I'll agree with.
But until they prove otherwise, I'm not convinced of Cleveland's awesomeness. I was worried the chemistry wouldn't be there, and was worried defense would be an issue for them, too. So far, both of those worries have proven valid. I don't see Miami as being particularly strong, either. They're a 4-seed AT BEST this year, imo.

I know they play in a weak division, but the other team I'm kind of impressed with in the East is the Raptors. They lack superstar talent, but not All-Star talent. And they've got chemistry and reasonable depth, and at least a little talent at each position. I think they could be the best team in franchise history, anyway.

Look, we've seen this. When the Heat got together there was all sorts of problems to be solved. They started 9-9 and everyone was wondering what they could be. And in the end they were great.

Cleveland will be a contender, and a legit one. They might not win it all, but they'll go at least to the ECF. They're that good. Heat started 9-9 and I expect Cleveland to have a slow start too. But they will eventually get to their potential.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Joao Saraiva
RealGM

Post#12 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:45 am

Pipp33 wrote:The Bench alone would make the finals in the East!!

And with a bit of luck Nick Young can win the finals MVP...
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by trex_8063 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:22 am

Joao Saraiva wrote:
trex_8063 wrote:

Bulls I'll agree with.

Look, we've seen this. When the Heat got together there was all sorts of problems to be solved. They started 9-9 and everyone was wondering what they could be. And in the end they were great.

Cleveland will be a contender, and a legit one. They might not win it all, but they'll go at least to the ECF. They're that good. Heat started 9-9 and I expect Cleveland to have a slow start too. But they will eventually get to their potential.

I sincerely hope you're right.
But the fact that Irving is no DWade makes me a little skeptical of the comparison.

Return to Player Comparisons