Best college-reunion team of all time?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Best college-reunion team of all time? 

Post#1 » by Jim Naismith » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:59 pm

What is the best college-reunion team of all time?

Let the college reunion in question be the 7th reunion, when most of the players are at or near their NBA peak.

For example, the college-reunion version of the 1992-93 Michigan team would be the 1999-00 version of Chris Webber, Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, etc.
Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,206

Re: Best college-reunion team of all time? 

Post#2 » by Dr Spaceman » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:27 pm

2008 UCLA (Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Darren Collison, LRMAM) would be pretty dominant off the top of my head.

2010 Kentucky (John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins)

I don't have enough historical knowledge of college basketball to add much else.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#3 » by Timmaytime » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 pm

'89 Sam Perkins, Big Game James and MJ ('82 UNC)

'06 Elton Brand and Shane Battier would be an interesting start but not much after that ('99 Duke)

'68 Havlicek and Jerry Lucas flanked by the one and only Bobby Knight :lol: ('61 OSU)

'90 Drexler and Olajuwon ('83 Houston)
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#4 » by Quotatious » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm

1974 UCLA Bruins - Bill Walton, Marques Johnson and Jamaal Wilkes. That's clearly a championship level core, assuming all players at their peaks (honestly, I can easily see just peak Walton and Marques being a championship tandem, and then you add another All-Star, or actually even a Hall of Famer, like Wilkes? :o Not bad).

Not a college team, but Reggie Lewis, Muggsy Bogues, Reggie Williams and David Wingate all played for the same team in high school - Dunbar HS in Baltimore (1982 would be the year). All of them were pretty decent NBA players (maybe except Wingate, who was a career role player, but at least he stayed 14 years in the league.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#5 » by Quotatious » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Timmaytime wrote:'06 Elton Brand and Shane Battier would be an interesting start but not much after that ('99 Duke)

Corey Maggette played for that Duke team, too. Then obviously he became Brand's longtime teammate as a Clipper.
Timmaytime wrote:'68 Havlicek and Jerry Lucas flanked by the one and only Bobby Knight :lol: ('61 OSU)

They also had Larry Siegfried, who was a pretty decent role player for the Celtics dynasty in the 60s, playing alongside his college teammate Hondo.
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Post#6 » by Timmaytime » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Quotatious wrote:
Timmaytime wrote:'06 Elton Brand and Shane Battier would be an interesting start but not much after that ('99 Duke)

Corey Maggette played for that Duke team, too. Then obviously he became Brand's longtime teammate as a Clipper.
Timmaytime wrote:'68 Havlicek and Jerry Lucas flanked by the one and only Bobby Knight :lol: ('61 OSU)

They also had Larry Siegfried, who was a pretty decent role player for the Celtics dynasty in the 60s, playing alongside his college teammate Hondo.

completely forgot about Maggette, not gonna lie I have no idea who Siegfried is lol
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#7 » by Exodus » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 pm

Jordan=Worthy-Perkins

Return to Player Comparisons