Team All Injured or Team Ironman

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,736

Team All Injured or Team Ironman 

Post#1 » by GSP » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Which team do u take in a 7 game series (assume the injured team doesnt get injured :lol: ? You dont have to choose the version of them at their peak if u think their offensive peak is too redundant with another player u can choose a more defensive/off ball season

Penny/Price
Roy/Moncrief
Hill/Tmac
Walton/Cunningham
Sabonis/Yao

VS

Stockton/Porter
Ray/Greer
Lebron/Hondo
Mailman/Laimbeer
Dwight/Parish
Timmaytime
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,717

Re: Team All Injured or Team Ironman 

Post#2 » by Timmaytime » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm

For the Injured team I'd move Squid into the starting lineup and Roy to the bench, then replace TMac and Cunningham with Andrew Toney and Jermaine O'neal for fit
ComboGuardCity wrote:If Bellinelli drops 50 and we lose I’ll eat my dog
KyletheDingbat
Veteran
And1: 1,656

Post#3 » by KyletheDingbat » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:57 pm

The team with Pam Grier.

Alright on the real though team injured. That is way too much talent. Makes me sad.
rich316
Sixth Man
And1: 1,243

Post#4 » by rich316 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:40 pm

Cool thread idea. At first glance, it looks like the iron-man team is a much better fit. All-injury starts 3 guys who all need the ball to be effective - Hill, Penny, and Roy. All-ironmen works much better. You have your table-setter in Stockton, defensive/rebounding/finishing center in Dwight, a SG who is great off-ball, and 2 awesome scorers/defenders at forward. That team would be dominant.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#5 » by Joao Saraiva » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:04 am

They aren't injured but they will get there. Btw why isn't D. Rose on that team? He would be the captain, obviously.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#6 » by Joao Saraiva » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 am

Now seriously, LeBron and Stockton are, the way I see it, a tremendous fit. Malone with Stockton is already a proved one, and then you have Ray Allen to provide spacing... it's ideal. There's nothing missing on that team.

Assuming all in their prime:
Great defensive anchor (Dwight), great playmakers (LeBron and Stockton are elite for their position), spacing (Stockton, LeBron and Allen have all shot above 40% from 3 in the past), great finishers arround the rim (LeBron, Malone and Dwight). There is absolutely everything on that team.

LeBron and Malone running the fast break would be absolutely stunning.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan

Return to Player Comparisons