He is the present
50%

Total votes: 12

Massamba
Starter
And1: 1,141

Swaggy P vs Kobe Bryant 

Post#1 » by Massamba » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:50 pm

How good the lakers would be if Swaggy was their first offensive option and was taking as many shots per game as Kobe is taking right now?
Maybe Kobe and the lakers should give the keys of the franchise to Nick Young. They have nothing to lose.

It's time to pass the torch Kobe... :nod:
B2Bhoops
Senior
And1: 83

Re: Swaggy P vs Kobe Bryant 

Post#2 » by B2Bhoops » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Look I like Swag, but the only thing the guy can do is shoot. Even old Kobe drives and scores in traffic better than him.

Something is wrong with Kobe's shot though. You guys see how weird his release seemed last night on his three point shots? He was doing that quick draw release even when he didn't need to. If Kobe can just somehow get more lift on his three's or just not take them nearly as much that would be good.
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#3 » by semi-sentient » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Yeah I've been noticing that quick release as well. Not sure what's up with that, but I'm sure it's contributing to his poor outside shooting. His shot in general is just not looking that great. He's missing a ton of wide open mid-range shots as well.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#4 » by RSCD3_ » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:35 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Yeah I've been noticing that quick release as well. Not sure what's up with that, but I'm sure it's contributing to his poor outside shooting. His shot in general is just not looking that great. He's missing a ton of wide open mid-range shots as well.

Athleticism declining so separation is harder to come by, tries to compensate by quickening his shot release?
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
Massamba
Starter
And1: 1,141

Post#5 » by Massamba » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Not sure if his poor shooting has something to do with declining athleticism. Players are better shooter when they get older. If it was athleticism it would mean than Kobe's game is based on it more than skills? I'm not sure about that.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#6 » by Jedi32 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Your trolling has fallen off. I'm sure you can do better than this.
Rob Diaz
Analyst
And1: 5,390

Post#7 » by Rob Diaz » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Lol, Swaggy P sucks, tbh.

During his hot stretch that got him going, he was being defended by one of the worst defenders in the NBA (Belinelli) along with the rest of the Spurs' poor bench perimeter defenders, while Kobe was being guarded by one of the best perimeter defenders in the league(DG), virtually all game.

I don't like Kobe, but he would have dropped 50 on Belinelli.
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#8 » by Exodus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Jedi32 wrote:Your trolling has fallen off. I'm sure you can do better than this.

I'm waiting on Jeremy Lin to have a hot night scoring, then have him compared to Kobe :lol:
Exodus
Banned User
And1: 571

Post#9 » by Exodus » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:41 pm

I think Swaggy P is a good energy guy off the bench. He isn't starting material, they will break him down defensively.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#10 » by GYK » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:10 am

He's a bad player with a extreme ego. Hard to handle. Type to have a row of horrible games then a great one and look at you like suck it. Oh Lakers my West Coast team you're about to become my Knicks. Making bad players justify their crap play with a look at their stat sheet and how much off court attention they receive.

However Kobe shouldn't be the first option. He's not at the age where players can play off of him. He would do great in the Timmy/Manu role but being the main attraction won't do him or the team any good. It has to be Lin. Not that Linsanity will ever happen again but spreading out the shots would be best for the team and Kobe. Make it harder to focus on Kobe because defenders don't treat him like an old man. They see him as threat and play him as such.
40yards
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#11 » by 40yards » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:17 am

lakers' future is still kobe
RayBan-Sematra
Assistant Coach
And1: 911

Post#12 » by RayBan-Sematra » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 am

Exodus wrote:I'm waiting on Jeremy Lin to have a hot night scoring, then have him compared to Kobe :lol:

Jeremy Lin = 11 games above 58%TS
Kobe = 2 games above 58%TS

Anyway at this point I wouldn't be overly surprised if Young could produce better then Kobe offensively if he took 22-23 shots a game like Bryant.
He'd probably score even more.
He doesn't have Kobe's playmaking ability though and I am not sure I feel comfortable assuming he could ramp up his volume to those levels since he never did it before consistently.

Looking at his mpg and oncourt skills I don't see any reason why he couldn't successfully ramp up his volume without a huge hit to his efficiency.

Return to Player Comparisons