James Harden vs DeAndre Jordan ( most hated)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Massamba
Starter
And1: 1,141

James Harden vs DeAndre Jordan ( most hated) 

Post#1 » by Massamba » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Harden derserves the MVP, Jordan deservers the DOPY, but both are hated by fans and few people give them credit for what they deserve.
If you could only choose one between Harden and Jordan, who deserves the most the trophy ( MVP/DPOY) ?
Sasaki
Veteran
And1: 781

Re: James Harden vs DeAndre Jordan ( most hated) 

Post#2 » by Sasaki » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:43 pm

How the heck is the starting center of an average defensive team the DPOY?
But do you know what they call a fool, who's full of himself and jumps into the path of death because it's cool?
KyletheDingbat
Veteran
And1: 1,656

Post#3 » by KyletheDingbat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:46 pm

DJ isn't hated is he? He's like the one Clipper everybody likes. He does nothing stupid on the court and he's a funny and hard working guy. And he's one of the most entertaining bigs in the league. If you don't like him you're weird.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#4 » by Quotatious » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Sasaki wrote:How the heck is the starting center of an average defensive team the DPOY?

Yeah, I don't see how he's supposedly the frontrunner for the DPOY. What's funny is that DeAndre's had better offensive, rather than defensive split, in RAPM, this season. His offensive win shares are also higher than his defensive win shares (his DBPM is much higher than OBPM, though).
Massamba
Starter

Post#5 » by Massamba » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:10 pm

KyletheDingbat wrote:DJ isn't hated is he? He's like the one Clipper everybody likes. He does nothing stupid on the court and he's a funny and hard working guy. And he's one of the most entertaining bigs in the league. If you don't like him you're weird.

Actually, a lot of nba fans hate him. They say he is just another athletic monster that jumps everywhere but is overrated.
Massamba
Starter

Post#6 » by Massamba » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Quotatious wrote:
Sasaki wrote:How the heck is the starting center of an average defensive team the DPOY?

Yeah, I don't see how he's supposedly the frontrunner for the DPOY. What's funny is that DeAndre's had better offensive, rather than defensive split, in RAPM, this season. His offensive win shares are also higher than his defensive win shares (his DBPM is much higher than OBPM, though).

If you look at stats Harden is supposed to be a better defensive player than DJ.
Where can we find stats of points allowed under 10 feet when DJ is on the court? I'm sure he is one of the leader in this category.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#7 » by bondom34 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:22 pm

Massamba wrote:
Quotatious wrote:

If you look at stats Harden is supposed to be a better defensive player than DJ.
Where can we find stats of points allowed under 10 feet when DJ is on the court? I'm sure he is one of the leader in this category.

False and false.

I can't find a defensive stat Harden is better than DJ at (looked at DWS, DBPM, DRPM).

And DJ is not a rim protector at all:
http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Ranks between Cole Aldrich and Gorgui Dieng in points saved/36.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Massamba
Starter

Post#8 » by Massamba » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:34 pm

Last year the DPOY defended field goal pourcentage under 6 feet was 53%. Don't forget Noah played in the Est and didn't have to defend guys like Love Cousin Duncan Aldridge Gasol as much as DJ.
DJ defended field goal ourcentage this season under 6 feet is 58%.
Marc Gasol defend field goal pourcentage this season under 6 feet is 55%. DJ defended field goal made under 6 feet is 3.7, Marc Gasol 3.8.

Don't forget that Bulls and Grizz defense isn't as good as Clippers D. It's not DJ's fault, if his team doesn't have a great D.
Don't forget the Bulls played a very slow tempo type of game last year.
GSP
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#9 » by GSP » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Deandre is a good defensive player but he shouldnt even be in the top 10 for Dpoy voting. I didnt even know he was hated
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Post#10 » by Laimbeer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Massamba wrote:
KyletheDingbat wrote:DJ isn't hated is he? He's like the one Clipper everybody likes. He does nothing stupid on the court and he's a funny and hard working guy. And he's one of the most entertaining bigs in the league. If you don't like him you're weird.

Actually, a lot of nba fans hate him. They say he is just another athletic monster that jumps everywhere but is overrated.

A different opinion on the guy's game doesn't mean you hate him.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#11 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Blake Griffin is 10x more hated than DeAndre Jordan.

People thinking DJ isn't worth the max isn't really hating at him.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#12 » by RSCD3_ » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Following up on that there are a lot of different reasons people don't like Blake.

1. They see him as a flopper, whiner and ref baiter who if not for favoring officiating would suffer a lot on offense

2. They see him as a lazy defender in spite of his size + athleticism and think that he's not a true superstar because of his one way impact.

3. He struggles vs physical teams, and people think he can being thrown off his game. He is viewing as struggling in the playoffs.

4. He tries to play the victim but on many occasions has been caught instigating with his own physicality in what some would call dirty.

5. They don't like his commercials or the fact that he won the dunk contest over more deserving contestants by dunking over an advertisement. Frankly a lot of people think he is a phony.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life

Return to Player Comparisons