Jordan vs Kobe vs LeBron

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Re: Jordan vs Kobe vs LeBron 

Post#61 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Mar 1, 2015 12:33 pm

Brenice wrote:2012 is the only example of how LeBron should play during an entire NBA Finals, to date.

2013 as well. Also, Bryant had like 3 terrible finals, and 2 mediocre one.
afox
Veteran
And1: 1,398

Post#62 » by afox » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:54 pm

Well, well, well. There are some posters that agree with me!! Imagine that! Where you guys been... I felt like I was on LeBron's hgome planet! And lets get this corrected...Bron is the one who is borderline top 10...Not Kobe...And no one has ever tried to construct an all time great career like this guy...It's shameful...and he's still having trouble doing it!!
afox
Veteran

Post#63 » by afox » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:55 pm

afox wrote:Well, well, well. There are some posters that agree with me!! Imagine that! Where you guys been... I felt like I was on LeBron's home planet! And lets get this corrected...Bron is the one who is borderline top 10...Not Kobe...And no one has ever tried to construct an all time great career like this guy...It's shameful...and he's still having trouble doing it!!
te887848
Starter
And1: 644

Post#64 » by te887848 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:59 pm

1. LeBron
2. Jordan
3. Kobe

LeBron and Jordan are very close, neck and neck. But give me LeBron's versatility on defense and better vision/playmaking by a hair over Jordan.

Kobe is absolutely third on any reasonable list. He's basically Jordan but worse and less dominant at every aspect.
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#65 » by Brenice » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:09 pm

afox wrote:And no one has ever tried to construct an all time great career like this guy...It's shameful...and he's still having trouble doing it!!

They only see the social media implications on LeBron's career. But we are now in a generation where kids stack teams on video games or if you are losing, it doesn't cost you a quarter to quit and start over. That's LeBron.
afox
Veteran

Post#66 » by afox » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:15 pm

te887848 wrote:1. LeBron
2. Jordan
3. Kobe

LeBron and Jordan are very close, neck and neck. But give me LeBron's versatility on defense and better vision/playmaking by a hair over Jordan.

Kobe is absolutely third on any reasonable list. He's basically Jordan but worse and less dominant at every aspect.

Funny...
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#67 » by JulesWinnfield » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:19 pm

I just can't take some of the narrative around kobe. And as much as I believe he's overrated among casual fans, I gotta give him credit..... He is amazing at cultivating this narrative and manipulating events past and present to continually rebrand himself in the light he wants to be seen, it's so utterly transparent in recent years it's a joke, and he never misses an opportunity. Go throw another staged tirade for the cameras at laker practice so you can show us how much like a caricature of jordan you are. Mr killer.

"He's got a killer instinct Lebron could never dream of" .....you must love his playoff underbite face I guess. Looks so menacing. Too bad this killer instinct doesn't manifest itself in being anything other than vastly inferior to Lebron in elimination games and close out games, game 7s etc. Its a bloodbath of a comparison. Too bad that killer instinct doesn't manifest itself in anything other than about the worst shooting in league history in go ahead/tying shots in the final possession, even though he has a reputation that seems to think otherwise

This is a guy who won most of his rings as a sidekick but is remembered as the ultimate alpha dog. I'm so in awe of how kobe has been able to cultivate this image for himself by basically carrying on his best michael jordan impression for 15 years. I want to throw up listening to his revisionist nonsense and transparent self promotion in all these recent round of interviews. But I have to give him credit, he can play that game well. Much better at manipulating his image than Lebron. That's one of the very few things he does better
afox
Veteran

Post#68 » by afox » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:29 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:I just can't take some of the narrative around kobe. And as much as I believe he's overrated among casual fans, I gotta give him credit..... He is amazing at cultivating this narrative and manipulating events past and present to continually rebrand himself in the light he wants to be seen, it's so utterly transparent in recent years it's a joke, and he never misses an opportunity. Go throw another staged tirade for the cameras at laker practice so you can show us how much like a caricature of jordan you are. Mr killer.

"He's got a killer instinct Lebron could never dream of" .....you must love his playoff underbite face I guess. Looks so menacing. Too bad this killer instinct doesn't manifest itself in being anything other than vastly inferior to Lebron in elimination games and close out games, game 7s etc. Its a bloodbath of a comparison. Too bad that killer instinct doesn't manifest itself in anything other than about the worst shooting in league history in go ahead/tying shots in the final possession, even though he has a reputation that seems to think otherwise

This is a guy who won most of his rings as a sidekick but is remembered as the ultimate alpha dog. I'm so in awe of how kobe has been able to cultivate this image for himself by basically carrying on his best michael jordan impression for 15 years. I want to throw up listening to his revisionist nonsense and transparent self promotion in all these recent round of interviews. But I have to give him credit, he can play that game well. Much better at manipulating his image than Lebron. That's one of the very few things he does better

I agree with you on a lot of this!! Especially the rebranding...But to say LeBron is ranked 6th or 7th all time and Kobe isn't top ten...lol...no way...and dude....I hate Kobe...always have...but I know what I saw...with both of them...Bron's chasing titles and barely winning them...He's a great player, but so is Kobe...
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#69 » by spearsy23 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:35 pm

Why do people use ellipses after every sentence instead of a period and space? To me that's been the biggest question raised in this topic.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
afox
Veteran

Post#70 » by afox » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:40 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Why do people use ellipses after every sentence instead of a period and space? To me that's been the biggest question raised in this topic.

Is that when the sun goes behind the moon?
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by JulesWinnfield » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:47 pm

I love jordan worshippers who saw what the 94 bulls did talking about stacked teams lebron has. You whine he has a stacked deck in cleveland, yet they're 2-9 without him and his on/off numbers are cartoonish. You whined he had a stacked deck in miami while carrying a load never demanded of a player on a contender (leading in scoring, rebounding, assists and being their stopper at multiple positions), dealt with constant health issues to his cast in postseason, and are witnessing the train wreck he left in his wake after leaving. Even before the bosh issue and even with the luck of having a force of nature like whiteside fall in their lap, as well as replacing lebron with a way above average replacement player in deng, the team is in shambles without the versatile beast who held it all together

Some of you guys possess terrible talent evaluation skills. Or you let an irrational hate of a player cloud your judgement. The argument that lebron has had decisively more around him than a mj or kobe is absolutely absurd. It's an opinion that instantly disqualifies you from being taken seriously
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#72 » by spearsy23 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:49 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:I love jordan worshippers who saw what the 94 bulls did talking about stacked teams lebron has. You whine he has a stacked deck in cleveland, yet they're 2-9 without him and his on/off numbers are cartoonish. You whined he had a stacked deck in miami while carrying a load never demanded of a player on a contender (leading in scoring, rebounding, assists and being their stopper at multiple positions), dealt with constant health issues to his cast in postseason, and are witnessing the train wreck he left in his wake after leaving. Even before the bosh issue and even with the luck of having a force of nature like whiteside fall in their lap, as well as replacing lebron with a way above average replacement player in deng, the team is in shambles without the versatile beast who held it all together

Some of you guys possess terrible talent evaluation skills. Or you let an irrational hate of a player cloud your judgement. The argument that lebron has had decisively more around him than a mj or kobe is absolutely absurd. It's an opinion that instantly disqualifies you from being taken seriously

What an odd post for this thread :-?
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
afox
Veteran

Post#73 » by afox » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:54 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:I love jordan worshippers who saw what the 94 bulls did talking about stacked teams lebron has. You whine he has a stacked deck in cleveland, yet they're 2-9 without him and his on/off numbers are cartoonish. You whined he had a stacked deck in miami while carrying a load never demanded of a player on a contender (leading in scoring, rebounding, assists and being their stopper at multiple positions), dealt with constant health issues to his cast in postseason, and are witnessing the train wreck he left in his wake after leaving. Even before the bosh issue and even with the luck of having a force of nature like whiteside fall in their lap, as well as replacing lebron with a way above average replacement player in deng, the team is in shambles without the versatile beast who held it all together

I don't whine...thank you very much...and you and I both know...removing your best player for 10 games in the middle of the season is gonna be more graphic than starting a season without him(knowing adjustments and roles have to be manipulated)...didn't say he wasn't great...and I never said he had more around him....just that he chased better situations..
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by JulesWinnfield » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:00 pm

spearsy23 wrote:

Not at all. Read Bernice's post earlier this page. That's who it's for, and it fits just fine in this thread. I'm having trouble though discerning where your contribution fits in this thread, which to date is complaining about people's use of periods and obviously not paying much attention to the conversation
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#75 » by spearsy23 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 4:48 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:

Not at all. Read Bernice's post earlier this page. That's who it's for, and it fits just fine in this thread. I'm having trouble though discerning where your contribution fits in this thread, which to date is complaining about people's use of periods and obviously not paying much attention to the conversation

This thread in general is pretty much pointless, it pops up every three days and has a clear cut answer. The only people who don't say MJ-LJ-KB have an obvious agenda. As for Brenice, he said nothing about the Bulls being stacked or a poor team, which makes it odd.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#76 » by PaulieWal » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:46 pm

andrewww wrote:LeBron hasn't impressed me against elite competition in the Finals, other than his 2014 performance which resulted in the greatest embarrassment in the Finals (a year after his team got a sequence of favorable bounces leading to the miracle but clutch Ray Allen 3).

Those must be some incredibly high standards where 29/10/7 in 2012 is not considered impressive.

Anyway, here are Kobe's and LeBron's numbers in the Finals:

LeBron - 24/9/6 on shooting splits of 46/34/76, 42 MPG
Kobe - 25/6/5 on shooting splits of 41/31/85, 43 MPG

If LeBron doesn't impress you in the Finals I hope neither does Kobe.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#77 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:48 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
andrewww wrote:LeBron hasn't impressed me against elite competition in the Finals, other than his 2014 performance which resulted in the greatest embarrassment in the Finals (a year after his team got a sequence of favorable bounces leading to the miracle but clutch Ray Allen 3).

Those must be some incredibly high standards where 29/10/7 in 2012 is not considered impressive.

Kobe Bryant has heart!!!
afox
Veteran

Post#78 » by afox » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:52 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

Kobe Bryant has heart!!!

And the titles!! We can let stats slide a bit if the team wins!!
BallerTed
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#79 » by BallerTed » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:09 pm

I have them ranked

Jordan
Kobe
Lebron
Brenice
Banned User
And1: 464

Post#80 » by Brenice » Sun Mar 1, 2015 7:42 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Not at all. Read Bernice's post earlier this page. That's who it's for, and it fits just fine in this thread. I'm having trouble though discerning where your contribution fits in this thread, which to date is complaining about people's use of periods and obviously not paying much attention to the conversation

This thread in general is pretty much pointless, it pops up every three days and has a clear cut answer. The only people who don't say MJ-LJ-KB have an obvious agenda. As for Brenice, he said nothing about the Bulls being stacked or a poor team, which makes it odd.[/quote]

The Bulls, Lakers, Celtics, Pistons were all stacked. The Suns, Jazz, Blazers, Knicks, Pacers, and Sonics back then were all stacked too. Once the Bulls got stacked, Jordan won. So Payton, Mailman, Kemp, Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Ewing, Reggie Miller. But Jordan performed in every Finals and the Bulls won 6 of 6.

You see its not how stacked your team is, its about how Jordan, Kobe, or LeBron performed on those teams AT ALL TIMES when their teams had sufficient talent.

Return to Player Comparisons