Where does Wiggins rank in the league now?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Where does Wiggins rank in the league now? 

Post#1 » by giordunk » Sun Mar 1, 2015 9:19 am

Where does Wiggins rank in the NBA today?

Also, based on his body of work, where would you rank Wiggins in the NBA? Has he made the top 30?

Also, based on what you've seen, how good do you think this guy can be? Is he the best prospect the NBA has seen in a while?

Everyone knows that Scottie Pippen could have been a number 1 option on a lot of teams, but pretty much made himself the greatest second banana of all time. I think Wiggins is at least a Pippen caliber talent. I think Pippen all time is worse than LeBron and KD, so we're talking about a prospect between KD and Pippen talent levels.
i like peanuts
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Re: Where does Wiggins rank in the league now? 

Post#2 » by Goudelock » Sun Mar 1, 2015 2:34 pm

Well, in terms of SGs, I'd rank them something like this. I consider Gordon Hayward and Greek Freak to be forwards.

1: James Harden
2: Jimmy Butler
3: Klay Thompson
4: Demar Derozan
5: Tyreke Evans
6: Monta Ellis
7: Andrew Wiggins

I didn't look up numbers or stats, just thought of this off the top of my head. About Wiggins, I think that he'll be better than Paul George if he reaches his potential. And if Durant wasn't in the league, he could win some scoring titles.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#3 » by HeartBreakKid » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:04 pm

PockyCandy wrote:Well, in terms of SGs, I'd rank them something like this. I consider Gordon Hayward and Greek Freak to be forwards.

1: James Harden
2: Jimmy Butler
3: Klay Thompson
4: Demar Derozan
5: Tyreke Evans
6: Monta Ellis
7: Andrew Wiggins

I didn't look up numbers or stats, just thought of this off the top of my head. About Wiggins, I think that he'll be better than Paul George if he reaches his potential. And if Durant wasn't in the league, he could win some scoring titles.

Wade, Mathews, Korver, Allen, Beal.

I mean there are probably some lesser names who put up lower numbers who are better than Wiggins. If you evaluate Wiggin's season as a whole, it is impressive for a rookie but not relative to a normal starting NBA player. A lot of his big games were when the Timberwolves were garbage also, so not easy to measure his impact.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Goudelock » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:40 pm

Well, my list was off the top of my head. I'd put Matthews and Korver ahead of Wiggins; I'd forgotten about them somehow. Wade hasn't impressed me at all this season, and Beal hasn't either. And by Allen, do you mean Tony Allen?

That's just my opinion though.
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#5 » by JulesWinnfield » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:41 pm

Not even close to top 30 overall yet. That's grading him on a big curve due to his age. If we are talking about this year and not taking into account the age of anyone, it's a compliment to call him an average nba player. He has been much better since New Years and figures to only continue arrowing upward, but we are talking about a guy with a PER of 13 and a negative RAPM. And despite possessing the skillset to one day be a terrific defender, he isn't close to that yet at this stage in his development.

He has a ways to go but he is moving in the right direction these last couple months
timglick01
Banned User
And1: 93

Post#6 » by timglick01 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 5:45 pm

There are 20 SFs better than him
TRNBA12
Junior
And1: 176

Post#7 » by TRNBA12 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:08 pm

He has a decent case for top 15 at his position which is impressive. I don't see him as better yet than Giannis, Oladipo and MKG
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Goudelock » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:27 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:Not even close to top 30 overall yet. That's grading him on a big curve due to his age. If we are talking about this year and not taking into account the age of anyone, it's a compliment to call him an average nba player. He has been much better since New Years and figures to only continue arrowing upward, but we are talking about a guy with a PER of 13 and a negative RAPM. And despite possessing the skillset to one day be a terrific defender, he isn't close to that yet at this stage in his development.

He has a ways to go but he is moving in the right direction these last couple months

I'd say that he's better than average right now. Not great, but better than average. I also thought that PER was considered a garbage stat that means nothing.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,405
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#9 » by E-Balla » Sun Mar 1, 2015 6:41 pm

Top 20 for SFs maybe. Not sure if he's top 100 in the league I'd lean towards no.

Return to Player Comparisons