Replaced Stockton with Curry on the 1996-98 Jazz

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Re: Replaced Stockton with Curry on the 1996-98 Jazz 

Post#21 » by Asianiac_24 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:14 am

1 title would be the minimum bar IMO, I'd argue 2 titles. 96 Bulls is an all-time great team which makes it tougher for them, however 97 and 98 I think they definitely win. Curry with a shortened 3 point line would be downright ridiculous.
acrossthecourt
Pro Prospect
And1: 729

Post#22 » by acrossthecourt » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:34 pm

There needs to be a name for this fallacy. Stockton has a famous name and he's a legend with the full force of history behind him. Curry doesn't have that yet because he's still establishing his legacy.

So let's think about this in a different way: a guy who was never a real MVP candidate is being replaced by a guy who will most likely win an MVP for a team that's better than any the other guy's been on. Why wouldn't they improve? I don't think there are fit issues here. The Curry/Malone two-man game will still be killer and Curry's a good passer and not a ballhog.

Excluding the hardcore nostalgia people who think the players are weak today, I don't see why you'd see this as a worse team or even the same. There's also the matter of how Stockton/Malone had efficiency problems often in the playoffs or against great teams. That has not been Curry's problem.
Twitter: AcrossTheCourt
Website; advanced stats based with a few studies:
http://ascreamingcomesacrossthecourt.blogspot.com
fuzzy_dunlop
Junior
And1: 109

Post#23 » by fuzzy_dunlop » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:38 pm

^
Dude you gonna release full season figures from your player metric?

Return to Player Comparisons