2014-15 All-Season Awards Voting Thread (Deadline today, check voter pool if not sure you're in)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,479

Re: 2014-15 All-Season Awards Voting Thread (Deadline today, check voter pool if not sure you're in) 

Post#41 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:Ugh, just realized I still need to update my post. But any way, here's a link to the nominees to the award choices for & by NBA players:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/here-are-your-nominees-for-the-nbpa-s-1st-annual-players-awards-201046872.html

I'll just say, they seem bad in all the ways you'd predict. Not to say I'd assume player voting would suck, because reporters have weaknesses too, but yeah, these look pretty bad to me.

So uh, yeah, Deandre Jordan just won the player's top defensive player award.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Re: 2014-15 All-Season Awards Voting Thread (Deadline today, check voter pool if not sure you're in) 

Post#42 » by Quotatious » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:47 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:So uh, yeah, Deandre Jordan just won the player's top defensive player award.

This is exactly why I don't take a player's word for any "who's the best player" question seriously. It's like we actually have strong evidence that makes the "DeAndre DPOY" claims look laughable (such as the Clippers defensive collapse in the LAC/HOU series). It's just obvious that he's extremely overrated as a defender (is there a possibility that CP3 is actually the most impactful defender on the Clippers? I guess so).

Return to Player Comparisons