Team Offense
25%

Total votes: 12

Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Team Balance vs. Team Offense 

Post#1 » by Jim Naismith » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:26 pm

With everyone at his peak, which team wins in a 7-game series?

Team Balance
    Hakeem
    KG
    Pippen
    Jordan
    Billups

Team Offense
    Shaq
    Dirk
    LeBron
    Kobe
    Curry
COSBY
Senior
And1: 98

Team Balance vs. Team Offense 

Post#2 » by COSBY » Wed Jul 1, 2015 6:48 pm

Team balance had plenty of offense. I'll take team balance in a sweep

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant

Re: Team Balance vs. Team Offense 

Post#3 » by Jim Naismith » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:44 pm

COSBY wrote:Team balance had plenty of offense. I'll take team balance in a sweep

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Team Offense has plenty of defense.

Shaq and Kobe Lakers were ranked #1 in defense in 2000. And then you add in LeBron. . .
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#4 » by Quotatious » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:55 pm

Shaq >=Hakeem
KG >= Dirk
LeBron > Pippen
Jordan > Kobe
Curry > Billups

Team Offense is more talented, and they have two fantastic shooters playing alongside elite on-ball creators like LeBron and Kobe, plus Shaq, possibly the best low post scorer ever at his peak. That's just unbelievable, but honestly I think that Team Balance fits a little better, they have more clearly defined roles (Jordan and Hakeem are #1 an 2 offensive options, KG is #3, Pippen #4, Billups #5 - on Team Offense, I really have no clue how much primacy LeBron, Kobe and Shaq would have...I'm just pretty sure that Dirk and Curry would be reduced to spot up shooters, more or less...That's a big waste of talent - besides, I just don't think that having both LeBron and Kobe on the same team is a good idea).

Team Balance wins in 6 games. Team Offense would win twice based on their unbelievable offensive talent, but Team Balance seems like the better TEAM, not just a great collection of individuals.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,391

Post#5 » by Hornet Mania » Wed Jul 1, 2015 10:40 pm

I went with Team Offense, guess I'm the only one. The spacing would just be insane between Curry and Dirk. Those two warp defenses like nothing we've ever seen, I just don't know how Team Balance is going to do anything about that. KG is a great defender but Dirk has eviscerated him before, no reason he couldn't do it again. Drawing Garnett all the way out to the perimeter is going to become a problem because they need him to help when Lebron muscles past Pippen and starts his freight train routine towards the hoop. Otherwise Hakeem rotates off Shaq and Bron feeds Diesel for the slam.

The other factor that swung things in their favor to me was Prime Shaq commanding a double team even against Dream. Who does Team Balance leave open? You can't have KG (best option) help because Dirk will make you pay from deep, same with Billups leaving Curry. If Pippen helps you have Lebron coming down the lane with a full head of steam, which is a nightmare. I guess Jordan leaving Kobe is the lesser of those evils. I just imagine Team Offense spacing everything out, feeding Shaq down low and then feasting on whatever mismatch it creates in Team Balance's defense.

It would probably go the full 7, but I believe Team Offense would have enough defense to at least be credible whereas Team Balance is going to struggle mightily to keep Team Offense under 100ppg.
Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Jim Naismith » Wed Jul 1, 2015 11:43 pm

Kobe and LeBron (both good defenders) can take turns guarding Jordan and thus conserve energy.

Jordan has to expend energy guarding either Kobe or Curry (or LeBron) at all times. Plus he has to be the first option on offense.

I think that's the key disadvantage that swings this series to Team Offense.
Legemeton
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Legemeton » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:38 am

I see everyone equal, you might wanna add in coaches as that would make things much more interesting. Lebron would beat pippin one of one. But really the biggest match up will be Kobe vs Jordan. Of course credited that they don't rotate and such. If jordan scores 20 point more then kobe then Team offense lose, if jordan score 10 more then Kobe, Team offense loses however if Jordan score 5-9 more then kobe. Team offense would prevail
Barley 2nd Best Powerforward
wassuphomeboy
Junior
And1: 236

Post#8 » by wassuphomeboy » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:35 am

Kobe is not going to pass the ball. Team Balance wins.
I root for players always, organizations sometimes.

I don't know how I'm ever going to forgive the Clippers' new front office.
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#9 » by Joao Saraiva » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:52 am

wassuphomeboy wrote:Kobe is not going to pass the ball. Team Balance wins.

Sometimes Kobe wouldn't make the smartest decisions in that regard, but whenever he played with team USA it was never a problem. With guys like LeBron, Shaq or Curry I believe he would pass the ball and actually be a big plus for his team.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Jim Naismith » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:05 am

Joao Saraiva wrote:
wassuphomeboy wrote:Kobe is not going to pass the ball. Team Balance wins.

Sometimes Kobe wouldn't make the smartest decisions in that regard, but whenever he played with team USA it was never a problem. With guys like LeBron, Shaq or Curry I believe he would pass the ball and actually be a big plus for his team.

On the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team, Kobe and LeBron shared the ball. Both Wade and LeBron outscored Kobe in the Olympics.

In the final game, Kobe led the team in assists, beating both Chris Paul and LeBron.
Jim Naismith
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Jim Naismith » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:02 am

Legemeton wrote:I see everyone equal, you might wanna add in coaches as that would make things much more interesting. Lebron would beat pippin one of one. But really the biggest match up will be Kobe vs Jordan. Of course credited that they don't rotate and such. If jordan scores 20 point more then kobe then Team offense lose, if jordan score 10 more then Kobe, Team offense loses however if Jordan score 5-9 more then kobe. Team offense would prevail

Jordan scores 20 points more than Kobe, Team Offense loses — even if LeBron scores 30 points more than Pippen?

Return to Player Comparisons