Can Lance Stephenson be used like Draymond Green?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

justinian
Bench Warmer
And1: 93

Can Lance Stephenson be used like Draymond Green? 

Post#1 » by justinian » Sun Aug 2, 2015 6:15 am

Lance is a big guard at 6' 5'' and built like a tank with his broad shoulders, he is definitely one of the stronger 2 in the league. And he arguably has better handle and playmaking ability than Draymond. Defensively I am not sure if Lance can play guard the 5 but he did match up with Lebron playing the 4 during those Miami/Indiana conference final, so I think Lance can handle most 4 in the league these days. Outside shooting is the area that Draymond beat him handily in but Lance can be respectable again like he was in indiana, perhaps with better spacing in Clippers he will do better as an outside threat.

I see the various gifts that Draymond has that enables him this ultra versatile player for the Warriors and I look at Lance who I think has comparable skillset and build.. so just maybe .... he be used utilized similarly as Draymond and have somewhat similar success for the Clips?
RxMidnight
Senior
And1: 624

Re: Can Lance Stephenson be used like Draymond Green? 

Post#2 » by RxMidnight » Sun Aug 2, 2015 12:08 pm

I doubt it. Draymond has a 7 foot, 1.25 inch wingspan compared to Lance's 6 foot, 10.5 inches. That's a pretty significant difference in terms of their ability to contest NBA bigs.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,677

Re: Can Lance Stephenson be used like Draymond Green? 

Post#3 » by penbeast0 » Sun Aug 2, 2015 12:17 pm

Lance can do a lot of things but he has to WANT to do those things. Green is willing to play in the team format; we will have to see if Lance is willing to be a team player or if he feels a need to be Starbury.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.

Return to Player Comparisons