The Russell Westbrook Thread (2015-16 Pt. 1)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: The Russell Westbrook Thread (2015-16 Pt. 1) 

Post#501 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:25 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Well, no Roberson, Waiters starts, and they give up over 110 to the Knicks without Melo in regulation before winning in OT. To anyone who doesn't think Roberson is needed, there it is.

And the bench still stinks.

Kanter's defense was absolutely cringeworthy. Honestly feel like it was a big mistake to sign him. He is a net negative player.

Waiter and Kanter. Not the type of players OKC should have went after....

They didn't have a choice w/ Kanter. Dion was a buy low move and made sense at the time. Now it looks awful though and I hate it.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,889

Post#502 » by Woodsanity » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:50 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Well, no Roberson, Waiters starts, and they give up over 110 to the Knicks without Melo in regulation before winning in OT. To anyone who doesn't think Roberson is needed, there it is.

And the bench still stinks.

Kanter's defense was absolutely cringeworthy. Honestly feel like it was a big mistake to sign him. He is a net negative player.

They didn't have a choice w/ Kanter. Dion was a buy low move and made sense at the time. Now it looks awful though and I hate it.

Was it because Durant was at risk of leaving if he wasn't re-signed?

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#503 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Kanter's defense was absolutely cringeworthy. Honestly feel like it was a big mistake to sign him. He is a net negative player.

Because they'd have no backup center if he wasn't resigned. It wasn't Kanter vs. someone else, it was either him or some random guy for a vet min deal.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,889

Post#504 » by Woodsanity » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:56 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:
bondom34 wrote:They didn't have a choice w/ Kanter. Dion was a buy low move and made sense at the time. Now it looks awful though and I hate it.

Because they'd have no backup center if he wasn't resigned. It wasn't Kanter vs. someone else, it was either him or some random guy for a vet min deal.

To me Kanter is an addition by subtraction type of player. If he could at least play average defense he would be a good player but his defense is really really awful.

I don't think decent backup centers are that much of a rarity even for the vet min. Heck the Clippers got Cole Aldrich for the min and I much rather have him over Kanter.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#505 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Woodsanity wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Was it because Durant was at risk of leaving if he wasn't re-signed?

To me Kanter is an addition by subtraction type of player. If he could at least play average defense he would be a good player but his defense is really really awful.

I don't think decent backup centers are that much of a rarity even for the vet min. Heck the Clippers got Cole Aldrich for the min and I much rather have him over Kanter.

Nah, I'd take Kanter over that, and I think they trade him this summer anyway b/c they have to keep Adams in a year so they'll likely want to clear salary for that.

Kanter has his warts, but he's won them a couple games too.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#506 » by PaulieWal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:30 pm

bondom34 wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Because they'd have no backup center if he wasn't resigned. It wasn't Kanter vs. someone else, it was either him or some random guy for a vet min deal.

Nah, I'd take Kanter over that, and I think they trade him this summer anyway b/c they have to keep Adams in a year so they'll likely want to clear salary for that.

I am just worried for your heart after the Warriors have his way with him :(. Against GSW/Spurs in the playoffs he might be damn near unplayable.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#507 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:32 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:To me Kanter is an addition by subtraction type of player. If he could at least play average defense he would be a good player but his defense is really really awful.

I am just worried for your heart after the Warriors have his way with him :(. Against GSW/Spurs in the playoffs he might be damn near unplayable.

Oh he will be unplayable. I have no hope of beating them, and the matchup in 2 weeks will be a slaughter w/o Roberson. I'm not even stressed about that, I'm just enjoying the season now. Its not a title year, its about keeping KD and Russ, and I think they are succeeding there.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#508 » by PaulieWal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:34 pm

bondom34 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Nah, I'd take Kanter over that, and I think they trade him this summer anyway b/c they have to keep Adams in a year so they'll likely want to clear salary for that.

Oh he will be unplayable. I have no hope of beating them, and the matchup in 2 weeks will be a slaughter w/o Roberson. I'm not even stressed about that, I'm just enjoying the season now. Its not a title year, its about keeping KD and Russ, and I think they are succeeding there.

You have to get on the bandwagon with me. I'd be pretty happy with GOAT winning the FMVP this year :).

Still think you guys have a small chance of winning it all, I know I am crazy lol but there's 5% 01 Shaq-Kobe potential with you guys.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#509 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:39 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

You have to get on the bandwagon with me. I'd be pretty happy with GOAT winning the FMVP this year :).

Still think you guys have a small chance of winning it all, I know I am crazy lol but there's 5% 01 Shaq-Kobe potential with you guys.

More hope than me man! Just gave up 110 to the Knicks without Melo, there's some defensive lapses going on at times, even though they've improved. The bench just stinks outside of Payne.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#510 » by PaulieWal » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:42 pm

bondom34 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
bondom34 wrote:Oh he will be unplayable. I have no hope of beating them, and the matchup in 2 weeks will be a slaughter w/o Roberson. I'm not even stressed about that, I'm just enjoying the season now. Its not a title year, its about keeping KD and Russ, and I think they are succeeding there.

More hope than me man! Just gave up 110 to the Knicks without Melo, there's some defensive lapses going on at times, even though they've improved. The bench just stinks outside of Payne.

I know I am on an island. I mean I would be pretty shocked if the Spurs or Warriors weren't in the Finals but you just never know. KD-GOAT going HAM, injuries, or Warriors going cold etc. are all possibilities.

Biggest thing for you guys is health. As long as your Big 3 are healthy in the PS there's a small chance.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#511 » by bondom34 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:44 pm

PaulieWal wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

I know I am on an island. I mean I would be pretty shocked if the Spurs or Warriors weren't in the Finals but you just never know. KD-GOAT going HAM, injuries, or Warriors going cold etc. are all possibilities.

Biggest thing for you guys is health. As long as your Big 3 are healthy in the PS there's a small chance.

The whole starting lineup tbh. They lose soooo much defensively w/o Adams and/or Roberson its unreal.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#512 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:59 am

Great second half, really bad team start but Russ was the energy the entire first half, as always he brings it from the get go. 22 at half, but went cold second half.

Shot 0-8 but kept passing and another triple double. KD closed w/ great D on Harden and there are few things I love more than beating Houston and seeing Harden lose. Russ has really learned to effect the game in so many different ways, gotta get this thread back active again. Its unreal he gets no MVP love even for second place from most outlets, I don't see how he's not second behind Curry.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#513 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:09 am

It seems like Serge just doesn't fit what Donovan is looking for.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#514 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:12 am

spearsy23 wrote:It seems like Serge just doesn't fit what Donovan is looking for.

I'd kill if they traded him for Horford.
Swoop4
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#515 » by Swoop4 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:17 am

I would pick them in a series over the Spurs. Warriors would be 132-129 every game so pretty much a tossup
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#516 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:17 am

Russ is Serge.

spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#517 » by spearsy23 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:22 am

bondom34 wrote:Russ is Serge.

This just illustrates the athleticism gap between Russ and EVERYBODY else. Harden is one of the quickest change of pace players in the league, watch Russ's feet as soon as Harden makes his move. :o

4 steps before Harden takes 2.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#518 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:25 am

Swoop4 wrote:I would pick them in a series over the Spurs. Warriors would be 132-129 every game so pretty much a tossup

I give them a shot vs. SAS, Golden State is a different beast to me.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#519 » by bondom34 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:44 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miXQPSSaNT8[/youtube]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/693322322372001793[/tweet]
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#520 » by Old Man Game » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:24 pm

bondom34 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miXQPSSaNT8[/youtube]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/693322322372001793[/tweet]

This was a good response.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cheleinnn/status/693323259299942401[/tweet]

Return to Player Comparisons