All-Time Fantasy Draft With FGA Limit - Meta Thread

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Dr Spaceman
General Manager
And1: 11,206

Re: All-Time Fantasy Draft With FGA Limit - Participant List Thread 

Post#821 » by Dr Spaceman » Wed May 18, 2016 1:43 pm

Also wanna shout out to the judges who've been analyzing this stuff and taking the time to read everything and post their opinions. You guys are doing an awesome job and it makes the write ups that much more fun to write when I know they'll be read in full and taken seriously.
“I’m not the fastest guy on the court, but I can dictate when the race begins.”
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#822 » by Quotatious » Wed May 18, 2016 1:44 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:Hmm, so is voting done?

Nah, we'll have to extend it (perhaps considerably...), because only four or five guys have voted so far. That's not nearly enough.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#823 » by Quotatious » Wed May 18, 2016 1:45 pm

Dr Spaceman wrote:Also wanna shout out to the judges who've been analyzing this stuff and taking the time to read everything and post their opinions. You guys are doing an awesome job and it makes the write ups that much more fun to write when I know they'll be read in full and taken seriously.

Yup, exactly what I was hoping for. I hope the rest of our judges will take it just as seriously.
lorak
Head Coach
And1: 2,231

Post#824 » by lorak » Wed May 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Quotatious wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Hmm, so is voting done?

Nah, we'll have to extend it (perhaps considerably...), because only four or five guys have voted so far. That's not nearly enough.

It really takes a lot of time to read (and think about) every matchup. And I'm not sure if I will be able to vote in each thread before Sunday.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: All-Time Fantasy Draft With FGA Limit - Draft Thread 

Post#825 » by pelifan » Wed May 18, 2016 10:56 pm

Square wrote:Here's my team of "guys I thought about that went undrafted". Honestly this draft was so bizarre that I think this is actually a pretty competitive roster.

G 96 Gary Payton (15.8) / 16 Ricky Rubio (7.7)
G 05 Mike Miller (10.1)
F 04 Tayshaun Prince (8.8) / 80 Cedric Maxwell (9.4)
F 96 Shawn Kemp (11.9)
C 83 Moses Malone (16.7) / 90 Mark Eaton (3.7)

Total: 84.1 FGA

Was just about to come here and post a similar team. No way on Rubio though.

How about 95 Drexler (15 FGA) in there as well?

Payton
Drexler

Kemp
Malone

Just get some shooters and you could really go places. Don't really think you need much else.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#826 » by Quotatious » Thu May 19, 2016 1:41 pm

lorak wrote:It really takes a lot of time to read (and think about) every matchup. And I'm not sure if I will be able to vote in each thread before Sunday.

I wonder how many days the rest of our judges will need, I hope it won't cause people to lose interest in the second round...Personally, I have no problem with waiting a few more days for their votes, but I'm not sure if everybody is the same way.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,672

Post#827 » by penbeast0 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:44 pm

I will be posting this weekend as well. Just not enough time on work days.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#828 » by eminence » Thu May 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Quotatious wrote:
lorak wrote:It really takes a lot of time to read (and think about) every matchup. And I'm not sure if I will be able to vote in each thread before Sunday.

I wonder how many days the rest of our judges will need, I hope it won't cause people to lose interest in the second round...Personally, I have no problem with waiting a few more days for their votes, but I'm not sure if everybody is the same way.

In the second round would it be unreasonable to give those knocked out in the first round a vote, and so on in later rounds? Could keep people engaged.
I bought a boat.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#829 » by Quotatious » Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 pm

eminence wrote:In the second round would it be unreasonable to give those knocked out in the first round a vote, and so on in later rounds? Could keep people engaged.

Sure, we can do it.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Post#830 » by PaulieWal » Fri May 20, 2016 3:51 pm

Quotatious wrote:
eminence wrote:In the second round would it be unreasonable to give those knocked out in the first round a vote, and so on in later rounds? Could keep people engaged.

Sure, we can do it.

I didn't have much time to go through the match-ups but I will definitely try to get a few in today. When does the voting for 1st round close?
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#831 » by Quotatious » Fri May 20, 2016 4:17 pm

PaulieWal wrote:I didn't have much time to go through the match-ups but I will definitely try to get a few in today.

Glad to hear that. :)

PaulieWal wrote:When does the voting for 1st round close?

It'll end on Monday morning. Much later than I expected, basically a week, but since we all have life/school/job/family etc., I'll extend it (for example, guys like lorak and penbeast, said they would be able to vote this weekend). I want to keep the level of analysis as high as it's been thus far, like Spaceman said - it makes our job as GMs that much more fun and rewarding, if we know the judges are taking this thing seriously.

We still don't have nearly enough votes to move on. There's like six votes in each thread, at most, so far.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#832 » by PaulieWal » Fri May 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Quotatious wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:I didn't have much time to go through the match-ups but I will definitely try to get a few in today.

Glad to hear that. :)

PaulieWal wrote:When does the voting for 1st round close?

It'll end on Monday morning. Much later than I expected, basically a week, but since we all have life/school/job/family etc., I'll extend it (for example, guys like lorak and penbeast, said they would be able to vote this weekend). I want to keep the level of analysis as high as it's been thus far, like Spaceman said - it makes our job as GMs that much more fun and rewarding, if we know the judges are taking this thing seriously.

We still don't have nearly enough votes to move on. There's like six votes in each thread, at most, so far.

Sounds good.

Not gonna lie, it's definitely a bit more work than I expected it to be in terms of voting. You basically have to read all the write-ups, then think about the match-ups, come to a conclusion and then explain your decision.

It definitely sounds fun but also definitely a bit more time consuming than I anticipated it would be. Monday is a good deadline. I will definitely get most or all of my votes in by then :).
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
JLei
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#833 » by JLei » Fri May 20, 2016 7:14 pm

pelifan wrote:
Square wrote:Here's my team of "guys I thought about that went undrafted". Honestly this draft was so bizarre that I think this is actually a pretty competitive roster.

G 96 Gary Payton (15.8) / 16 Ricky Rubio (7.7)
G 05 Mike Miller (10.1)
F 04 Tayshaun Prince (8.8) / 80 Cedric Maxwell (9.4)
F 96 Shawn Kemp (11.9)
C 83 Moses Malone (16.7) / 90 Mark Eaton (3.7)

Total: 84.1 FGA

Was just about to come here and post a similar team. No way on Rubio though.

How about 95 Drexler (15 FGA) in there as well?

Payton
Drexler

Kemp
Malone

Just get some shooters and you could really go places. Don't really think you need much else.

Not a fan of Rubio? He's really, really good. Very few PG's have legit 2 way impact like he does. Despite the fact that he's a bad finisher and isn't a good shooter he has always been a highly positive offensive player (though limited due to his flaws) from just his passing and playmaking while being one of the best defenders at his position.

Most impact stats (RAPM/RPM) have him as a top 15-20ish player this year. I don't have him that high but acknowledge he's got legit impact.
Modern Era Fantasy Game Champ! :king:
PG: Ricky Rubio 16
SG: Brandon Roy 09
SF: Danny Green 14
PF: Rasheed Wallace 06
C: Shaquille O'Neal 01

G: George Hill 14
F: Anthony Parker 10
C: Amir Johnson 12
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,758

Post#834 » by Texas Chuck » Fri May 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Rubio is definitely good value for this game. My biggest beef with Rubio isn't even his scoring difficulties--its his inability to stay on the court. But that would be irrelevant in a game where you are only picking one season. He's definitely better offensively than he gets credit for.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#835 » by Quotatious » Sun May 22, 2016 2:52 pm

I want to remind you guys - today is the deadline for voting.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#836 » by PaulieWal » Sun May 22, 2016 9:20 pm

Quotatious wrote:I want to remind you guys - today is the deadline for voting.

I thought it was Monday :(.
penbeast0
And1: 8,672

Post#837 » by penbeast0 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:37 am

I'm not going to make it; just don't have the time and focus needed this weekend. Fortunately, it looks like we have several good judges already posting. If there's a tie, maybe I could post something Monday night.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
SideshowBob
General Manager
And1: 6,253

Post#838 » by SideshowBob » Mon May 23, 2016 2:10 am

Ahh I had gotten through writeups for 3-4 matchups without submitting them but lost power and lost it all so I just backed out from this round outside of the one I had already voted on. I think I can manage 4 series better than 8 going forward though.
But in his home dwelling...the hi-top faded warrior is revered. *Smack!* The sound of his palm blocking the basketball... the sound of thousands rising, roaring... the sound of "get that sugar honey iced tea outta here!"
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#839 » by MisterHibachi » Mon May 23, 2016 2:51 am

Q, if you want more votes and since judges having a hard time getting to all the match ups, how about opening a board wide poll for each match up this round? As SSB said, the next round should be easier for judges. The polling can count as one judge and be included in the count as one with the judges.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#840 » by Quotatious » Mon May 23, 2016 9:41 am

MisterHibachi wrote:Q, if you want more votes and since judges having a hard time getting to all the match ups, how about opening a board wide poll for each match up this round? As SSB said, the next round should be easier for judges. The polling can count as one judge and be included in the count as one with the judges.

You know, that's a really good idea. I'll keep the threads open for one more day, and run a 24-hour poll in all of them.

Everybody please vote in the polls in matchup threads. Just be fair and don't vote for yourself. :wink:

Return to Player Comparisons