All-Time Fantasy Draft With FGA Limit WC1R - (2) Quotatious vs (7) Clyde Frazier

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Who would win?

Poll ended at Tue May 24, 2016 9:51 am

Quotatious
27%
Clyde Frazier
73%

Total votes: 11

ElGee
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,202

Re: All-Time Fantasy Draft With FGA Limit WC1R - (2) Quotatious vs (7) Clyde Frazier 

Post#41 » by ElGee » Sat May 21, 2016 12:42 am

Quotatious wrote:
ElGee wrote:If I had a vote, it would probably be Clyde.

I'll gladly give you the chance to vote, if you have time. You weren't included among the posters I reached out to, to become a judge, because I didn't see you being active lately, so I figured you probably didn't have time, but if you do, I'll be happy to welcome a new judge, even if you want to vote for Clyde in this matchup. :)

I'm waiting for you to confirm that you want to be a judge, then I'll officially add you to the list.

Thanks Q but I wouldn't want to commit with such little time available. I really like the teams and format of this so I thought I'd give thoughts when available and hopefully see some good discussion. However I know what it takes to be a judge for every matchup and my time is too inconsistent to provide that.
Check out and discuss my book, now on Kindle! http://www.backpicks.com/thinking-basketball/
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Re: All-Time Fantasy Draft With FGA Limit WC1R - (2) Quotatious vs (7) Clyde Frazier 

Post#42 » by Quotatious » Mon May 23, 2016 9:52 am

Poll added (Quotatious and Clyde Frazier please don't vote :wink: )
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,459

Post#43 » by Doctor MJ » Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 pm

I'll say both sides here "held serve" with their arguments. Had either of them not done so, that may well have been the difference.

In the end, while Quotatious does basically everything I could ask to maximize a Jordan/Malone team (love the Mo Cheeks pick), I'm not convinced that fit wouldn't be an issue. And while Q's defensive bonafides are immense and I"m not saying this defense wouldn't be effective, I feel like the design of the team is basically ideal both for LeBron and for combating the effects of good defense in this era.

Non-official vote: Clyde Frazier
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Post#44 » by Quotatious » Tue May 24, 2016 8:19 am

Doctor MJ wrote:I'll say both sides here "held serve" with their arguments. Had either of them not done so, that may well have been the difference.

In the end, while Quotatious does basically everything I could ask to maximize a Jordan/Malone team (love the Mo Cheeks pick), I'm not convinced that fit wouldn't be an issue. And while Q's defensive bonafides are immense and I"m not saying this defense wouldn't be effective, I feel like the design of the team is basically ideal both for LeBron and for combating the effects of good defense in this era.

Non-official vote: Clyde Frazier

It's funny, I actually changed my mind about taking or not taking Cheeks about four or five times - it was very difficult to choose between him and Mookie Blaylock. Both were lockdown defenders and good scorers as well as playmakers, and there's one thing I liked about Blaylock that I didn't like about Cheeks - Mookie was a pretty solid, high volume 3-pt shooter, Mo didn't have 3-pt range at all, and that's pretty important in today's era. Ultimately I decided to take Cheeks because he was a lower FGA guy, and he's a proven fit on a stacked team, playing next to a volume scoring wing as well as a star offensive bigman.

Return to Player Comparisons