8th Tier
44- Nicolas Batum
45 - Jonaś Valanćuinas
46 - Isaiah Thomas
47 - Enes Kanter
48 - Demarre Derozan
49 - Greg Monroe
50 - Gòran Dragic

What are your opinions about the ranking ?
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,142

Re: Top 50 Players For The Next Year 

Post#2 » by Quotatious » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:51 pm

I don't know why Durant is a tier ahead of Westbrook. Last season, I thought Westbrook was better, and they are the same age, with similar injury history, so I have no idea why KD is that much ahead. Leonard would probably be on the top tier with Curry and LeBron, to me. He wasn't as good as them last season, but he's younger than both, has great work ethic, and will probably make another significant improvement this season.

I think Wiggins may get into the top 50 this season. I expect to see a considerable improvement from him, too.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#3 » by bondom34 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:10 pm

Yeah if tier 1 is 3 guys the 3rd is Kawhi to me, not Durant. But honestly its 2 guys. Also KAT is great but he's not that high yet either.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#4 » by SactoKingsFan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:27 pm

KAT won't be better than Cousins next season. Also don't see why there should be a sizable gap between KAT and Porzingis.

Top 30 seems like a big stretch for Beal. He's injury prone and hasn't even been a top 10 SG. I'd take Oladipo over Beal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Quotatious » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:32 pm

SactoKingsFan wrote:Top 30 seems like a big stretch for Beal. He's injury prone and hasn't even been a top 10 SG.

I have no idea what's so great about Beal. Dude is pretty much an average-at-best SG. He can shoot the 3 pretty well, but that's the only real positive he does. He has a below average PER, BPM and TS% after four seasons in the league. Isn't a good defender, either, so I see no reason to act like these stats underrate him.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,739

Post#6 » by eminence » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Hayward?
I bought a boat.
feyki
Veteran
And1: 447

Post#7 » by feyki » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:57 pm

I think Beal will get to the next level . I'd remember him , playing with 25-5-5 against Hawks in the playoff . With Scott Brooks' mentality , He could reach his peak this year .

I don't think Hayward is top 40-45 range player . But he could be 49th or 50th , instead of Monroe and Dragic .
“The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.”
Quotatious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Quotatious » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:40 pm

eminence wrote:Hayward?

Absolutely. I hadn't noticed he's not on the list. He's easily a top 50 player, I'd say he was probably around 35-40 for the last two seasons.

Oh, and who the hell is Demarre Derozan? Is that a DeMar DeRozan/DeMarre Carroll hybrid? :D DeRozan being able to defend like Carroll would be really excellent two-way player.

Anyway, I think 48 is way too low for DeRozan, even as he is, without great defense. The gap between him and Klay Thompson is way too big on that list. I actually thought DeRozan was better than Thompson in the regular season last year, then Klay vastly outplayed him in the playoffs, but it doesn't quite justify such a huge gap, especially considering DeMar is an absolute gym rat, coming off the best season of his career, and will probably come back even better in 2016-17. Plus, guys coming back from Olympics tend to be much improved the following season.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#9 » by pelifan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:46 pm

I don't get it. Where is The Process Embiid?
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,218

Post#10 » by Statlanta » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:19 pm

feyki wrote: What are your opinions about the ranking ?

Before I comment are these predictions on what these players will do this year or how you evaluate them last year?
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
feyki
Veteran

Post#11 » by feyki » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:48 pm

OrlandoTill ;

Prediction .

Quotitous ;

:D :D .

Defence . Defence is the only reason why Isaiah and Derozan listed that low . Klay was a bit better offensive force than Derozan and much better defensive player . He's totally on another tier .
“The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.”
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,787

Post#12 » by Colbinii » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Quotatious wrote:
SactoKingsFan wrote:Top 30 seems like a big stretch for Beal. He's injury prone and hasn't even been a top 10 SG.

I have no idea what's so great about Beal. Dude is pretty much an average-at-best SG. He can shoot the 3 pretty well, but that's the only real positive he does. He has a below average PER, BPM and TS% after four seasons in the league. Isn't a good defender, either, so I see no reason to act like these stats underrate him.

I would take Rubio 10/10.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Statlanta
RealGM

Post#13 » by Statlanta » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:55 pm

I don't mind that there are no Magic players on this list but to say Greg Monroe and Enes Kanter are while Giannis, Hayward and Vucevic aren't is crazy
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#14 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 pm

OrlandoTill wrote:I don't mind that there are no Magic players on this list but to say Greg Monroe and Enes Kanter are while Giannis, Hayward, Whiteside, and Vucevic aren't is crazy

I know right? Might as well add Jahlil Okafor at that point
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#15 » by Prez » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm confident there won't be more than 30 players better than Giannis this year, let alone 50.
feyki
Veteran

Post#16 » by feyki » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Milbuck wrote:I'm confident there won't be more than 30 players better than Giannis this year, let alone 50.

So , he will be an all-star candidate . Interesting .

OrlandoTill wrote:I don't mind that there are no Magic players on this list but to say Greg Monroe and Enes Kanter are while Giannis, Hayward and Vucevic aren't is crazy

Hassan at 20 . If i did rank 60 players , Hayward and Vucevic would be in the list . There's no huge gap of between Hayward/Vucevic/Monroe/Enes .

I don't understand where's coming from that Giannis love . He has great physical tool , but lacks of skills and basketball iq .
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#17 » by HeartBreakKid » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:27 pm

feyki wrote:
Milbuck wrote:I'm confident there won't be more than 30 players better than Giannis this year, let alone 50.

OrlandoTill wrote:I don't mind that there are no Magic players on this list but to say Greg Monroe and Enes Kanter are while Giannis, Hayward and Vucevic aren't is crazy

Hassan at 20 . If i did rank 60 players , Hayward and Vucevic would be in the list . There's no huge gap of between Hayward/Vucevic/Monroe/Enes .

I don't understand where's coming from that Giannis love . He has great physical tool , but lacks of skills and basketball iq .

How does he lack IQ? He is a good passer, plays solid defense and plays almost exclusively to his strengths. Shooting ability is hardly indicative of basketball IQ.
Statlanta
RealGM

Post#18 » by Statlanta » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:35 pm

feyki wrote:Hassan at 20 . If i did rank 60 players , Hayward and Vucevic would be in the list . There's no huge gap of between Hayward/Vucevic/Monroe/Enes .

I think he is as much of a potential pick just like KAT and Porzingis are in your list. I trust a full season of trust from Kidd and playmaking duties would put him in the top 50. I think the big role he's due to have this season would make him more impactful than the Monroes, Kanters, and Beals at his size. I simply think it's easier to see Giannis top 50 than KAT top 18 imo.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,414
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#19 » by E-Balla » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:37 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
feyki wrote:

How does he lack IQ? He is a good passer, plays solid defense and plays almost exclusively to his strengths. Shooting ability is hardly indicative of basketball IQ.

Yeah his IQ is fine. His skills are another thing entirely. That said top 30 is pushing it. I don't see him outplaying Hayward who is barely top 30 if that
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,414
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#20 » by E-Balla » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:39 pm

OrlandoTill wrote:
feyki wrote:Hassan at 20 . If i did rank 60 players , Hayward and Vucevic would be in the list . There's no huge gap of between Hayward/Vucevic/Monroe/Enes .

I think he is as much of a potential pick just like KAT and Porzingis are in your list. I trust a full season of trust from Kidd and playmaking duties would put him in the top 50. I think the big role he's due to have this season would make him more impactful than the Dragics, Kanters, and Beals at his size. I simply think it's easier to see Giannis top 50 than KAT top 18 imo.

Porzingis at 43 for last year alone might be accurate I don't think you can call that a potential pick. KAT at 18 is though.

Return to Player Comparisons