1%

Total votes: 143

LA Warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Re: Best player in the NBA? 

Post#221 » by LA Warrior » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:33 pm

LebronsCavs wrote::lol:

I know that any intelligent basketball fan knows that Lebron and Wade have surpassed Kobe. People live of Kobe's past and his rings. Lebron and Wade are the better individual players though. BTW Baller is a very intelligent basketball fan and he knows way more about the game then you will ever know.

Why are you so bitter? is it because "Lebrons Cavs" got sent fishing?

Wade's on record saying Kobes better, as is Lebron, and about a 100 other NBA players so all these guys are "retards".... is it really so far-fetched that he might really just be better?...

Maybe your just blinded by hate, maybe your just a troll, maybe your the (Please Use More Appropriate Word), either way...

Some people still think Kobes better then Bron, get over it.

Dont act like such a big cry baby.
Greatest comment I've ever received.
Phil Jackson wrote:I've never really had a favorite poster but this guy might be it. The symbolism he uses is deep and ****.
InBoobieWeTrust
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#222 » by InBoobieWeTrust » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Kobe's great, but I think LeBron is just a step above him individually. I'd rather Kobe be better and LeBron be great but also have the cast to win rings. Unfortunately it's the opposite.

and the thing about LeBron, is that he's still go so much to work on. His jumper continues to improve(it was pretty good in the playoffs). His post game will be unstoppable within the next few years, even in the limited amount of time he went to work on the block this year, people couldn't stop him, and that was with mediocre post fundamentals.

So, I think LeBron's better, and I can understand why some may give the nod to Kobe now, but I think this time next year, it will no longer even be a valid debate.
LA Warrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#223 » by LA Warrior » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:13 pm

InBoobieWeTrust wrote:Kobe's great, but I think LeBron is just a step above him individually. I'd rather Kobe be better and LeBron be great but also have the cast to win rings. Unfortunately it's the opposite.

and the thing about LeBron, is that he's still go so much to work on. His jumper continues to improve(it was pretty good in the playoffs). His post game will be unstoppable within the next few years, even in the limited amount of time he went to work on the block this year, people couldn't stop him, and that was with mediocre post fundamentals.

So, I think LeBron's better, and I can understand why some may give the nod to Kobe now, but I think this time next year, it will no longer even be a valid debate.

i agree with you 100%... well accept that i think Kobes still better but everything else about your post was on point. Real recoginize real.
Greatest comment I've ever received.
Phil Jackson wrote:I've never really had a favorite poster but this guy might be it. The symbolism he uses is deep and ****.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,092

Post#224 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:23 pm

I don't understand the point of the Lakers fans who did admit LeBron was better, but had to follow it up with "So what, we won the championship"... no duh, everyone knows that. The thread wasn't "Which fanbase has the most bragging rights", it was "Best player in the NBA".

I mean need I remind you that Celtics fans said similar things last year after Pierce proclaimed himself the best? "I don't care if he's better than Kobe, we won the championship". You guys don't want to be as obnoxious as those guys, do you?
Blackfyre
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,498

Post#225 » by Blackfyre » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:33 pm

There is very very big difference between Kobe and Pierce while LeBron and Kobe are still debatable on some levels. He wasn't even the best player on his own team when he said that. LeBron is better individually than Kobe but like I've said before I rather be Kobe right now. LeBron will get his ring soon. No doubt.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,092

Post#226 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Kobe8Player wrote:There is very very big difference between Kobe and Pierce while LeBron and Kobe are still debatable on some levels. He wasn't even the best player on his own team when he said that. LeBron is better individually than Kobe but like I've said before I rather be Kobe right now. LeBron will get his ring soon. No doubt.

I agree there's a big difference, but if you admit LeBron > Kobe, the arguments being used are the same.

"I'd rather have the guy who won a ring than have the best player"... DUH! Is it so hard to just say "LeBron" and be done with it?

Now, if you actually think winning the ring is what makes Kobe better than LeBron, thats a bit different. If thats the case, I just fundamentally disagree, and I point you to 2006, where Wade won it all with a better postseason than Kobe, yet no Lakers fan would give Wade credit for being the better player.

But if you think LeBron is better, just leave it at that. No need to rub in the fact that your team won... leave that for the Celtics fans (who I think were arguably the worst sore winners in a long time).
Blackfyre
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,498

Post#227 » by Blackfyre » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 pm

What's the big deal here ? I admit that LeBron is individually clearly better player now since he is younger and Kobe is slowly declining. It's a good chance he will be better than Kobe ever was. Kobe is still one of the best ever. So I don't whine about it. When I say "I rather be Kobe right now" means that I rather have Kobe on my favorite team right now and I'm lucky yo have him because he has proven he can win championship. I give credit to LeBron but at the same time I feel like Kobe has nothing to feel bad about. Some of you act like being second or third best player in the world is bad. LeBron is the best right now but some day he will be dethroned too.

Return to Player Comparisons