Rudy Frenandez vs. Marco Belinelli

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Re: Rudy Frenandez vs. Marco Belinelli 

Post#101 » by Toxicity » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:07 am

CB-Blazer wrote:
Toxicity wrote:Rudy is the better all-around player but Marco is more talented... he's just more natural when it comes to play basketball.

Lol, he is more natural and talented but Rudy is the better player?

OK........

Of course. NBA is full of examples like that...
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#102 » by old rem » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:02 am

Blazing_royale wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:
Toxicity wrote:Rudy is the better all-around player but Marco is more talented... he's just more natural when it comes to play basketball.

OK........

i do'nt see wat so "lol" about the statement.

Agree. Marco has the long range stroke and a bit better ability as a passer,ballhandler. He could be a plus PG, and he did play some PG for GSW. Rudy,so far,is a lot more focused,mature,consistent.
Right now...Rudy has it. Fast forward 2 years? Marco may come out on top. Not a sure thing. He seemed to backslide at times.
CENSORED... No comment.
CB-Blazer
Head Coach
And1: 545

Post#103 » by CB-Blazer » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:00 am

Hendrix wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:
Well, lets see.

Rudy rebounds alot better, is the more efficient scorer, gets steals alot more often and has better defensive statistics.

Marco shoots threes better and turns the ball over less and Marco's 3 point shooting will probably go back around .400 like it always has been, like Rudy.

Marco is good, Rudy is just a bit better at nearly everything.

I don't understand why Blazers fans have said stats don't matter over 12 games (although nobody was ever arguing that in the first place)

I never said they didn't matter. I just pointed out that Marco is shooting out of his mind right now and like every player, they usually go back to around their average.

, yet Rudy gets a lot more steals based on this season alone.

I wasn't going by just this season alone and I admitt the "alot" was a bit overkill.

Why is Marco's 3pt% going to go down, yet Rudy's steal % won't?

I never said it wouldn't and I fully expect it too.

Also their ts% is practically identical this year.

I was going by career.

But atleast be consistant when making your points between stats.

I never stated if I was using career or this season only, so how do you know if I was being inconsistent with my stats?

Also imo Rudy's more efficient over the last 2 years primarily because he has the luxury of taking a low volume of shots, and a very high % of those are assisted 3 pt'ers.

When you shoot 398 3 pointers in a season, I'd say that it is pretty indicitive of your 3 point shooting ability. I'm not going to say that Rudy hasn't had the luxury of passing but I wouldn't go as far to say that Rudy's 3 pointer shooting would suffer a whole lot if he was assisted less.

And don't act like Marco hasn't had the luxury of passing. He is only assisted

63% of his fga's are 3 pointers, and 90% of his jumpers are assited.

Actually, only 77% are, where did you get your number? Not to mention Belinelli is assisted on 69% of his jumpers, so it's not like there is such a huge discrepency.

Also, they have shot nearly the same percentage from the 3 point line, despite Rudy taking over twice as many three pointers.

A lot of players in the league could have a high ts% if they took such a low volume fga's, with such a high % of them coming from assited 3pter's.

And Marco falls under the same category as Rudy. I think the fact that Rudy has a career .430 FG% and Marco has a career .439FG says alot. Rudy has taken over twice as many three pointers than Marco has in their career, yet is nearly on part as Marco FG% wise. Both players have been used as primarly spot up shooters in their career and it's crazy to state otherwise. Both have had the luxury of passing.....

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with larger roles, I don't know if Marco's is going to go up because of DD but Rudy's will because Outlaw is hurt.
Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Post#104 » by Joseph17 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:39 am

CB-Blazer wrote:

OK........

Prime VC and Sheed are more naturally talented than prime Kobe and Duncan. That doesn't mean they are better.
3ptchucker
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#105 » by 3ptchucker » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:43 am

Kill_Bill_Pana wrote:
pj_tor wrote:Rudy wasn't MVP in european champinships but he was included in the all-tournament 5 as best SG

Listen, I tell you again, ask anyone in europe and they will tell you this is a joke. It is as much as a joke as comparing Rudy to Manu (Manu by far).

Rudy led the ACB in points and steals, has a lot of international achievements, and is just the better and more respected player as of now. I don't know about potential, but right now it's not even close. And take into account Rudy has a monkey on his back called Nate.

I am from Europe and Marco to me is always the more talent player then Rudy. Marco is better scorer and better defender. Shooting is about equal and athletic ability is about equal. Marco is better. And "ask anyone in Europe"? What is this? What did Rudy do in Europe that was so great? He was best player on mediocre team and on a team that was not even in top level.

He was star in ACB level and Eurocup level but not in Euroleague level. Euroleague is much superior league to ACB and Eurocup. Never was Rudy consider in top players in Europe, never was he among the elite players which are the best stars of Euroleague. He only play even like 1 year of Euroleague I think his whole career. NBA fans make big exaggerations on how good players like Rudy and Rubio is in Europe. Nothing that is base in reality.

Great post sir!
Portland fans are so biased.
Mo' shats! - Let's NBA! - Stop the madness! - Ball.
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#106 » by sca » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:57 pm

pj_tor wrote:Rudy wasn't MVP in european champinships but he was included in the all-tournament 5 as best SG

Listen, I tell you again, ask anyone in europe and they will tell you this is a joke. It is as much as a joke as comparing Rudy to Manu (Manu by far).

Rudy led the ACB in points and steals, has a lot of international achievements, and is just the better and more respected player as of now. I don't know about potential, but right now it's not even close. And take into account Rudy has a monkey on his back called Nate.

nah, you don't know what you're talkin' about. actually belinelli has much more euroleague experience (76 games) than fernandez (30 games).

all rudy has dominated was eurocup, a s***ty s***ty s***ty competition.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#107 » by Hendrix » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:44 pm

CB-Blazer wrote:

I never stated if I was using career or this season only, so how do you know if I was being inconsistent with my stats?
Well you were either being inconsistant, or exagerating greatly on some stats.

Actually, only 77% are, where did you get your number? Not to mention Belinelli is assisted on 69% of his jumpers, so it's not like there is such a huge discrepency.

Also, they have shot nearly the same percentage from the 3 point line, despite Rudy taking over twice as many three pointers.

I was thinking about "90% of his shots are jumpers", and just typoe'd. My mistake.

If we're going to include ts%'s and stats from past years I think some context for past years is important too, not just this year. Last year only 59% of his shots were assisted, and he hasn't gotten to have such a have such a high % of his shots come from assisted 3's. That imo helps to explain the 0.25ts% disparity in their ts%'s over the last 2 years.

And Marco falls under the same category as Rudy. I think the fact that Rudy has a career .430 FG% and Marco has a career .439FG says alot. Rudy has taken over twice as many three pointers than Marco has in their career, yet is nearly on part as Marco FG% wise. Both players have been used as primarly spot up shooters in their career and it's crazy to state otherwise. Both have had the luxury of passing.....

I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with larger roles, I don't know if Marco's is going to go up because of DD but Rudy's will because Outlaw is hurt.

Honestly I don't see what the point in usiong Marco's rookie season when we're comparing these 2 are. Yes he shot a horrible FG% in his rookie season, and it hurts his career fg%. But we're comparing the players now-ish, and Rudy was still 2 years away from his first NBA season at Marco's rook age.

I don't think Marco's had near the same luxury as Rudy.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
KOBE_PAUER
Banned User

Post#108 » by KOBE_PAUER » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 am

Hendrix wrote:
CB-Blazer wrote:
Well, lets see.

Rudy rebounds alot better, is the more efficient scorer, gets steals alot more often and has better defensive statistics.

Marco shoots threes better and turns the ball over less and Marco's 3 point shooting will probably go back around .400 like it always has been, like Rudy.

Marco is good, Rudy is just a bit better at nearly everything.

I don't understand why Blazers fans have said stats don't matter over 12 games (although nobody was ever arguing that in the first place), yet Rudy gets a lot more steals based on this season alone. Over the last 2 years their steal % are pretty much the same. Rudy's steal % is currently the 2nd highest of any player in the last decade. Why is Marco's 3pt% going to go down, yet Rudy's steal % won't?

Also their ts% is practically identical this year. Now if you're going to use last year as well, cool. But atleast be consistant when making your points between stats.

Also imo Rudy's more efficient over the last 2 years primarily because he has the luxury of taking a low volume of shots, and a very high % of those are assisted 3 pt'ers. 63% of his fga's are 3 pointers, and 90% of his jumpers are assited. A lot of players in the league could have a high ts% if they took such a low volume fga's, with such a high % of them coming from assited 3pter's.

In my humble opinion, your ratings have a bad sense, Fernandez is a Superstar prospect, and Bellinelly a good role player as a 3 point shooter. Fernandez is more than a shooter, I think he showed that in the Olympic final against all the superstars in this championship, that guy has something special, I think he will be the new international basketball icon after Nowitzki in a few years, but you cant rate him playing with the Blazers without a starting role with Brandon Roy in his position. And I am not a Blazers fan.
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Post#109 » by WesWesley » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:21 am

KOBE_PAUER wrote:
In my humble opinion, your ratings have a bad sense, Fernandez is a Superstar prospect, and Bellinelly a good role player as a 3 point shooter. Fernandez is more than a shooter, I think he showed that in the Olympic final against all the superstars in this championship, that guy has something special, I think he will be the new international basketball icon after Nowitzki in a few years, but you cant rate him playing with the Blazers without a starting role with Brandon Roy in his position. And I am not a Blazers fan.

Post of the year. And not because you think that Fernandez will be good, but because you said that you're not even a Blazers fan.
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#110 » by Kabookalu » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 am

WesWesley wrote:Post of the year. And not because you think that Fernandez will be good, but because you said that you're not even a Blazers fan.

+1 :lol:
eslr
Assistant Coach
And1: 25

Post#111 » by eslr » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:11 pm

If Belinelli were so clearly an equal prospect to Rudy you would think some team would have given slightly more than absolutely nothing up for him over the summer.
Toxicity
Analyst
And1: 39

Post#112 » by Toxicity » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:40 pm

eslr wrote:If Belinelli were so clearly an equal prospect to Rudy you would think some team would have given slightly more than absolutely nothing up for him over the summer.

So we can say Marco was picked earlier than Rudy in the 2007 draft... so he had to be the better prospect.
farzi
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#113 » by farzi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Rudy slipped because of his contract situation. He clearly wasn't coming over (unlike Rubio). Other GM's said he'd have been a top 10 pick in the next draft if he were in it.
Thank you for all the memories BRoy. You were a class act and brought hope to an entire region for 5 years. You will be missed.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#114 » by Joel Embust » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:18 am

RealGM, where Raptors fans happen.
3ptchucker
Sophomore

Post#115 » by 3ptchucker » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 am

Mo' shats! - Let's NBA! - Stop the madness! - Ball.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#116 » by Kabookalu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 am

Eleqtrique wrote:RealGM, where Raptors fans happen.

Yeah because this is such a one sided comparison right?
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#117 » by Nothingface » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Eleqtrique wrote:RealGM, where Raptors fans happen.

This site would dry up and wither, were it not for Raptors fans.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#118 » by Nothingface » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:53 pm

3ptchucker wrote:Marco with the assist of the night
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_p ... ef:nbahpt2

He makes at least one or two passes like that every game he gets minutes.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#120 » by Kabookalu » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:16 pm

No one said he couldn't pass.

Return to Player Comparisons