Re: Is Joe Johnson a franchise player? 

Post#21 » by Chosen01 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Nope, A Second Fiddle at best.
megarover
Senior
And1: 83

Post#22 » by megarover » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:36 pm

no. And whoever said that joe is only scores. Joe is 20/5/5 this year. He would be a pretty solid sidekick though
sabi
Lead Assistant
And1: 27

Post#23 » by sabi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 pm

wiff wrote:
farzi wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Joe Johnson the passed few years has averaged 21-22 ppg / 5-6 apg / 4-5 rpg on 43%-46% FG / 33-38% 3 PT

I don't see how that is a franchise player.

Would you say Roy is a franchise player?

Not this season. It's interesting if you look at his stats he is almost like a robot with how much he gives you.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brandon_r ... stats.html

But even though he is giving you 5.1rebs and 4.7dimes for the second year in a row, his FG% and 3pt% has dropped.

LOL wiff why don't you actually watch a basketball game and stop worrying about stats. Roy can carry a team, especially in the 4th quarter. That is what you need out of a franchise player
Prodigy73 wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Chill out, bro. Things will get better when we face the next 3 games in Nets, Mavs and Rockets, relax, chill.

If we go 0-3 during that Imma chillllllllllllll
sabi
Lead Assistant
And1: 27

Post#24 » by sabi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:41 pm

JordansBulls wrote:
farzi wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Joe Johnson the passed few years has averaged 21-22 ppg / 5-6 apg / 4-5 rpg on 43%-46% FG / 33-38% 3 PT

I don't see how that is a franchise player.

Would you say Roy is a franchise player?

I would say he is like a Steve Smith type of franchise player or Glen Rice.

:lol:
Prodigy73 wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Chill out, bro. Things will get better when we face the next 3 games in Nets, Mavs and Rockets, relax, chill.

If we go 0-3 during that Imma chillllllllllllll
Prolific Scorer
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Prolific Scorer » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 am

Yeah i'm one of the biggest Steve Smith fans you'll find, but Brandon Roy is simply on another level as far as i'm concerned. Glen Rice? Pfffffffft.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#26 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 am

As a Blazer fan and pac 10 fan, I've had the honor to watch Roy play for around 6 seasons (2 in college). While I don't think he's in the same tier as Lebron, Paul, or Kobe, I think there's a huge difference between a franchise player and a superstar. Look at Roy's stats lately, and you'll find that he has been leading his team quite well in spite of all the injuries that have happened, and what more, the Blazers have WON with him scoring more. His stats after the first 20 games have been spectacular and this is by far the best stretch of his career IMO. Now while I don't think he's quite a superstar level player, I can safely say that I feel he is a FRANCHISE player. He may need a bit more help than a Lebron or a Kobe when it comes to winning a title, but I'm convinced that if you give Roy good surrounding talent, he could be the best player on a championship team.

Return to Player Comparisons