Bosh/Bargnani vs. Jefferson/Love

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,953

Bosh/Bargnani vs. Jefferson/Love 

Post#1 » by Blazing_royale » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:25 am

Which front has the most potential? they're very similar in that bargnani nor love compliment their franchise players.
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
ReaLiez
General Board Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,246

Re: Bosh/Bargnani vs. Jefferson/Love 

Post#2 » by ReaLiez » Thu Jan 7, 2010 7:35 am

BargnaBosh (Barn-a-Bosh)
Justice
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#3 » by B Calrissian » Thu Jan 7, 2010 7:55 am

I'd take Love over Bargnani and Jefferson over Bosh.. So I'll have to go with Love/Jefferson. But then again I am a Wolves fan. I am interested to hear what fans from other teams think.
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#4 » by swisscheeseD » Thu Jan 7, 2010 8:38 am

I think Love is the best player of the bunch...
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,958

Post#5 » by tsherkin » Thu Jan 7, 2010 8:58 am

Tough call.

Bosh is playing out of his mind this year and is clearly the best player in the group (considering this season only).

Kevin Love has been a 15/12/3 player so far this year... in 32 mpg (and he isn't foul-prone). He has, of course, only played about half the games, so his stats are a bit skewed (not the rebounding, though, the rate is basically the same as last year, and the scoring seems about right, too, no big change in efficiency).

SO he's young and very compelling as an option.

Al Jefferson....was a weak to mediocre defender who wasn't a good passer before his injury. Since coming back, he's been less effective on O, the glass (although that's partly because of Love) and he's been a somewhat better passer (to be fair to him, Minny's sucked a lot at hitting shots when he dishes, so he's always looked a little worse than he actually was). He's still useless on D.

Bargnani is an interesting offensive tool, but is IMO a 6th man masquerading as a starter. He's a gimmick to attack a dominant interior defender who provides weak rebounding and terrible help D for the most part.

Can I switch them around? Bosh and Love would be a FILTHY pair, but confined to the original question, I'm compelled to select Jefferson and Love, if only because Love has a lot of potential and those two have better offensive chemistry and rebounding.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,953

Post#6 » by Blazing_royale » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:48 pm

lol i'm kinda surprised with some of the comments here, didn't think Love was the best player of the bunch since Bosh is still quite young and gots lots of room to grow still and so is Bargnani. isn't Kevin Love a bad defender?
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
NG15
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#7 » by NG15 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 1:55 pm

Damn, CB lost all respect eh?
Mikey Streetz
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#8 » by Mikey Streetz » Thu Jan 7, 2010 3:05 pm

Bosh/ Bargs quite easily. People who think Love is better than Bosh are irrelevant in life.
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#9 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jan 7, 2010 4:56 pm

Bosh is the best player by good margin, that gives the T-dot duo the advantage.
Rallyks
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#10 » by Rallyks » Thu Jan 7, 2010 5:52 pm

Bosh is quickly becoming savagely underrated.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 19,958

Post#11 » by tsherkin » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:15 pm

I don't think Bosh is getting underrated here; I think the issue isn't so much Bosh as Bargnani dragging the group down.
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#12 » by Relentless88 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:51 pm

swisscheeseD wrote:I think Love is the best player of the bunch...

:lol:
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#13 » by sca » Thu Jan 7, 2010 7:19 pm

haha, nice one :D
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#14 » by Nothingface » Thu Jan 7, 2010 7:51 pm

tsherkin wrote:I don't think Bosh is getting underrated here; I think the issue isn't so much Bosh as Bargnani dragging the group down.

Just because you don't like him, don't assume the same of everyone else.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#15 » by Joel Embust » Thu Jan 7, 2010 8:52 pm

Jefferson and Love.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#16 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jan 7, 2010 9:28 pm

Bosh and Bargnani and it's not even close for me. I am an Al Jefferson hater. I do not think it's possible to build a good offense around a post player who's inefficient, needs the ball constantly, doesn't pass and clogs the lane all day. I would rather have Bargnani who is efficient, doesn't need the ball, and spreads the floor. Even with the considerable rebounding differential, to me Bargnani is >>>>>>> Jefferson offensively so it doesn't matter. I honestly think Al Jefferson hurts his team offensively by being on the court. The only positive aspect he brings is good offensive rebounding. Otherwise he's a high volume inefficient scorer who makes his teammates worse. Where's the value in that? Why not just play a Varejao type at C who'll get you those offensive rebounds without screwing up everything else?

Bosh vs Love is similarly lopsided. Bosh has been dominating this year.

If that's not enough, look at the results. Minnesota is 5-14 with Al and Love playing. They have the 3rd worst offense in the league despite being 8th in offensive rebounding. Last year they were 24th offensively. Al and Love stink defensively, so for them to have any upside they'll have to be a top 10 offensive team in the league. So far they have shown absolutely 0 signs of that happening. I don't care if Al scores 22ppg and Love scores 17, it doesn't matter if you can't run an offense through them or the majority of your shots are inefficient. Unlike Bosh and Bargnani who have at least proven they can anchor a top 5 offense by being extremely efficient scorers who don't need the ball and spread the floor
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,486

Post#17 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jan 7, 2010 9:32 pm

What Minnesota needs to do is dump Jefferson and Flynn and build an uptempo team around Rubio and Love. How fun would that be? They'd be a perfect compliment. Love could use his outlets as much as Unseld and Walton/Russell, getting the rebound and then igniting Rubio fast breaks... it'd also be a financial goldmine if the Wolves became a Suns-like signature "fun" team. And they'd be the most fun pair to play with in the league so they'd be a better FA destination
Devilzsidewalk
RealGM
And1: 5,943

Post#18 » by Devilzsidewalk » Thu Jan 7, 2010 9:37 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:What Minnesota needs to do is dump Jefferson and Flynn and build an uptempo team around Rubio and Love. How fun would that be? They'd be a perfect compliment. Love could use his outlets as much as Unseld and Walton/Russell, getting the rebound and then igniting Rubio fast breaks... it'd also be a financial goldmine if the Wolves became a Suns-like signature "fun" team. And they'd be the most fun pair to play with in the league so they'd be a better FA destination

Love has a hell out an outlet pass, but its gonna be hard to hit Rubio from opposite sides of the Atlantic
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#19 » by Silk Wilkes » Fri Jan 8, 2010 12:50 am

Kid's, this is why you're supposed to pass and not just keep puffing.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#20 » by BrooklynBulls » Fri Jan 8, 2010 12:50 am

OP asked for "the most potential." To me, that answer is clearly Love/Jefferson. Love is just starting his NBA career but is already better than Bargnani. Jefferson is still recovering from an injury, and reasonably young himself. They'll never fit WELL, but they can fit less badly than Bargnani fits Bosh. Because in my opinion, Bargnani is the opposite of what Bosh needs defensively, and he's not insanely useful for Bosh offensively. The spacing is convenient, but probably superfluous. As far as mismatched frontcourts go, I'd prefer J.Lo.

Return to Player Comparisons