Is Tyreke Evans the next Dwyane Wade ?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Geoff35
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Re: Is Tyreke Evans the next Dwyane Wade ? 

Post#41 » by Geoff35 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:03 am

Chosen01 wrote:plus he doesn't even have half the highlight reel that rookie wade.
(go look on youtube )

He a alreeady has more game winners :)
Your account has been suspended due to violations of our rules. You have been suspended for 7 days, and your account will be accessible once again on March 14 at 6pm ET. The reason for your suspension is as follows:

Trolling the Lakers forum.
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#42 » by Chosen01 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:25 am

so what wade had tons more highlight dunks and blocks.

tyreke can't be a better than wade from what I see, slower and less hops and he's 6'6, he's stronger than wade though, I give him that.

and lol at him being a better ball handler, you obviously didn't see rookie wade.

he'll be a richmans rodney stuckey if anything.
Geoff35
Pro Prospect
And1: 31

Post#43 » by Geoff35 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 am

Not to prove or disprove anything, but jus to inform the uninformed.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kingsflix#p ... fSpXk6HGE8
Your account has been suspended due to violations of our rules. You have been suspended for 7 days, and your account will be accessible once again on March 14 at 6pm ET. The reason for your suspension is as follows:

Trolling the Lakers forum.
etopn23
Head Coach
And1: 160

Post#44 » by etopn23 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 am

It's way too early to tell.
Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#45 » by Rob Rowell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 am

Tyreke is a stud and i dont think Wade is a good person to compare him too. I think a better comparison would be rookie Lebron James. Tyreke is an athletic freak and theres not a PG that could match up with his size and speed one on one. Both Lebron and Tyreke hold that advantage and while both ROOKIE Lebron and Tyreke had/have problems with perimeter shot consistancy Tyreke is still very efficient player. Not saying he'll become as good as Lebron but thats his ceiling from looking at his season so far.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#46 » by KF10 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 am

Chosen01 wrote:he'll be a richmans rodney stuckey if anything.

Right now, he is better than Stuckey. So, isn't the case that "he will". It's really "he is". Stuckey is much more inefficient player than Evans. Evans is the better shooter than Stuckey, 16 feet and beyond.
Jase
RealGM
And1: 158

Post#47 » by Jase » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 am

I'd rather see him as the first Tyreke Evans. Reasonable comparison, though.
"A winner listens. A loser just waits until it's their turn to talk."
215paperboy
Junior
And1: 0

Post#48 » by 215paperboy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:55 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
realball wrote:Tyreke is a better ball-handler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p52I1Oy-7M

smh...tyreke is an EXCELLENT athlete.i'e seen him jump a seen footer's head twice in one game. he is just a lazy athlete. i say lazy because he can do so many things that he doesn't show. he plays below the rim because he can, not because he has to. the game has never been a challenge. i remember seeing him as a 7th grader in his 1st varsity game score 27 points on loul deng and charlie villanueva. they were two top 5 guys and woulda been lottery picks had they come out that year. tyreke has always taken it easy on the court. he has been playing the same laid back style forever:
http://5starbball.tv/video/tyreke-evans ... estar-camp
RandomKnight wrote:Nash is better than magic. Nash has similar impact, a better skill set and more versatility.

Flynt Flossy wrote:Which NBA player has the most contagious smile? When you see their smile, it makes you happy inside and makes you want to smile
215paperboy
Junior

Post#49 » by 215paperboy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:14 am

btw here he is as a jr. laying the ball up over a 7'1 kid who is also on his toes making him about 7'3 - 7'4. had tyreke opened his legs more when he jumped, he would've did what vince did to that french guy:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=34343911
RandomKnight wrote:Nash is better than magic. Nash has similar impact, a better skill set and more versatility.

Flynt Flossy wrote:Which NBA player has the most contagious smile? When you see their smile, it makes you happy inside and makes you want to smile
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#50 » by rpa » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 am

Wade's a bad comparison really. The only things they have in common are shaky jumpers and drawing fouls (and Evans draws them at a far lower rate at this point than Wade). I say they're a bad comparison though, because Wade uses quickness and athleticism to do his thing whereas Evans is more about misdirection/changing speeds & strength.

I think the Artest comparison that someone threw out is a really good one. At his peak (which is definitely not now) Artest was so good because he was so much bigger than nearly all of his opponents but just as quick. This gave him a huge defensive advantage and would have given him a huge offensive advantage had he been more skilled.

Basically, Evans is a guard version of Ron Artest but with more offensive skill (and less defensive skill at this point).
Chosen01
RealGM
And1: 534

Post#51 » by Chosen01 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 pm

rpa wrote:Wade's a bad comparison really. The only things they have in common are shaky jumpers and drawing fouls (and Evans draws them at a far lower rate at this point than Wade). I say they're a bad comparison though, because Wade uses quickness and athleticism to do his thing whereas Evans is more about misdirection/changing speeds & strength.

I think the Artest comparison that someone threw out is a really good one. At his peak (which is definitely not now) Artest was so good because he was so much bigger than nearly all of his opponents but just as quick. This gave him a huge defensive advantage and would have given him a huge offensive advantage had he been more skilled.

Basically, Evans is a guard version of Ron Artest but with more offensive skill (and less defensive skill at this point).

Wade changes his speeds to though, evans relies more on his strength if anything.

Rob Rowell wrote:Tyreke is a stud and i dont think Wade is a good person to compare him too. I think a better comparison would be rookie Lebron James. Tyreke is an athletic freak and theres not a PG that could match up with his size and speed one on one. Both Lebron and Tyreke hold that advantage and while both ROOKIE Lebron and Tyreke had/have problems with perimeter shot consistancy Tyreke is still very efficient player. Not saying he'll become as good as Lebron but thats his ceiling from looking at his season so far.

DId you really compare him to Lebron in the slightest? LOL

Tyreke is nowhere near as athletic as lebron or as quick, bad comparison, most rookies struggle with outside shots anyway, so bad point there.

Tyreke will be his own mold of a player because its hard to compare him anyone else.
patrickkeller
Ballboy

Post#52 » by patrickkeller » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Tyreke Evans is the next Tyreke Evans
jrich88
Banned User

Post#53 » by jrich88 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:22 pm

^ Tyreke isn't as athletic as Lebron, but his ballhandling skills and first step are way better.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#54 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:35 pm

I think Tyreke can match Wades all around game. I dont think hell ever be as good a scorer though, i just dont see him scoring 27-30 points a game and being a top 5 scorer every year. I see him more like Brandon Roy.
Lakers05
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#55 » by Lakers05 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 am

In the old days, Tyreke Evans would be no better than a role player, because he would easily be intimidated by guys like Kobe, Bowen, or even Artest. Now without that mental pressure, being able to dribble and shoot can make you a pretty good player, even if you're not extremely athletic. That doesn't mean that your potential is the same, however. It will be very difficult for him to reach 24+ EFF, which is the true All-Star level.
TAI8
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#56 » by TAI8 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am

Lakers05 wrote:In the old days, Tyreke Evans would be no better than a role player, because he would easily be intimidated by guys like Kobe, Bowen, or even Artest. Now without that mental pressure, being able to dribble and shoot can make you a pretty good player, even if you're not extremely athletic. That doesn't mean that your potential is the same, however. It will be very difficult for him to reach 24+ EFF, which is the true All-Star level.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...
215paperboy
Junior

Post#57 » by 215paperboy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:04 am

Lakers05 wrote:In the old days, Tyreke Evans would be no better than a role player, because he would easily be intimidated by guys like Kobe, Bowen, or even Artest. Now without that mental pressure, being able to dribble and shoot can make you a pretty good player, even if you're not extremely athletic. That doesn't mean that your potential is the same, however. It will be very difficult for him to reach 24+ EFF, which is the true All-Star level.

did artest and kobe die ?

Mamba Venom
RealGM
And1: 580

Post#58 » by Mamba Venom » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:35 am

Hes the next Tyreke Evans
Lakers are 22-3 in OT last 6 seasons:Kobe best OT closer!
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#59 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Mamba Venom wrote:Hes the next Tyreke Evans

Exactly. I don't know why people are so heated talking about who he is most like. Does it matter? No, he's an extremely unique player.

LOL at him being a poor man's Roy. Roy's been in the league what? 3 years? Tyreke is already just about MATCHING his production in his rookie season and in 2 less mpg.

Jamal Crawford comparison was just bad...real real bad.

The haters will hate.

Return to Player Comparisons