Am I the only one who thinks a healthy Kobe > Lebron?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

xxRoyalexx
Rookie
And1: 128

Re: Am I the only one who thinks a healthy Kobe > Lebron? 

Post#21 » by xxRoyalexx » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:10 am

Jimmy76 wrote:
xxRoyalexx wrote:
the only thing Kobe does better is game winning shooting
A better scorer than a healthy Kobe? lmfao please don't go that far. You can trash Number 24 all you want but never say that LeBron's a better scorer than him. LeBron's completely reliant on his physical tools, his strength, size, athleticism. Very little of his offensive game is actual finesse. With Kobe you're looking at a guy that's 2 inches shorter, and about 45 pounds lighter doing everything LeBron can do along with a far better post game and shooting touch. Kobe is also a better ballhandler and will cross someone up when he has to to score (as proven tonight when he got 3 points at the free throw line after making someone on Charlotte look like a fool, forget who.)

LeBron is NOT a better scorer. If he had an injury that hindered his athleticism slightly he'd be screwed.

doesnt matter how he does it but Lebron is a better scorer

he scores more on high efficiency

having a physical advantage is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge part of basketball

it doesnt matter that Kobe's game is more pleasing to your eye

kobe is more skilled im not arguing that

The problem is that in Playoff Basketball LeBron's style of play can only get him so far. Defenses will be completely glued to him and as strong as he is he won't be able to penetrate, forcing him to go the line a lot which can be a good or bad thing depending on how well LeBron shoots his FT. In fact, that's the entire Kobe developed his post mid-range game. He realize that he'd get gangbanged if he just tried to fly to the cup everytime in a Playoff competition.

I mean this is really just a repeat of last year. Tell you what, how about we all wait for the Playoffs to start? I'll be sure to bump this Thread and let you all know how foolish you look for doubting Mamba. :wink:
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#22 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:10 am

You almost never can take LeBrons early season stats seriously, he almost also increases them significantly as the season progresses.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#23 » by Jimmy76 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:11 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:
Jimmy76 wrote:
xxRoyalexx wrote:
A better scorer than a healthy Kobe? lmfao please don't go that far. You can trash Number 24 all you want but never say that LeBron's a better scorer than him. LeBron's completely reliant on his physical tools, his strength, size, athleticism. Very little of his offensive game is actual finesse. With Kobe you're looking at a guy that's 2 inches shorter, and about 45 pounds lighter doing everything LeBron can do along with a far better post game and shooting touch. Kobe is also a better ballhandler and will cross someone up when he has to to score (as proven tonight when he got 3 points at the free throw line after making someone on Charlotte look like a fool, forget who.)

LeBron is NOT a better scorer. If he had an injury that hindered his athleticism slightly he'd be screwed.

The problem is that in Playoff Basketball LeBron's style of play can only get him so far. Defenses will be completely glued to him and as strong as he is he won't be able to penetrate, forcing him to go the line a lot which can be a good or bad thing depending on how well LeBron shoots his FT. In fact, that's the entire Kobe developed his post mid-range game. He realize that he'd get gangbanged if he just tried to fly to the cup everytime in a Playoff competition.

I mean this is really just a repeat of last year. Tell you what, how about we all wait for the Playoffs to start? I'll be sure to bump this Thread and let you all know how foolish you look for doubting Mamba. :wink:

i think the lakers are the favorites to win the title so I wouldnt exactly be surprised
xxRoyalexx
Rookie
And1: 128

Post#24 » by xxRoyalexx » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:11 am

Jimmy76 wrote:
xxRoyalexx wrote:
Phastbreak91 wrote:Lebron led a scrub team to the finals once and Kobe led a scrub team into the lottery once. Who do you think is better?

Back during a time when the Eastern Conference was the laughing stock of sports. :lol:

he beat the pistons when they were still a defensive force

It's as though the Lakers didn't beat any good Teams themselves when they were struggling but in the Playoffs...oh wait....
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#25 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:12 am

Well this year I really think the Kobe/LeBron debate is over now. LeBron is in his prime, and Kobe is leaving his prime. LeBron is the best player now, no need to continue on this
Phastbreak91
Senior
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Phastbreak91 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:12 am

Lebron led his scrub to the finals when he was like what 22 or 23? Hes better than kobe now and hes only 25 people! Im not even a lebron fan but damn thats just scary
mo4allstar
Banned User

Post#27 » by mo4allstar » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:19 am

lebrons better than him in every statistical category. numbers dont lie.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#28 » by ponder276 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 3:27 am

I'm not specifically a fan of either the Cavs or Lakers, but I'm a fan of basketball, so I watch both teams as much as possible, which is quite a lot. LeBron is very significantly better, I just don't see how an unbiased observer can see it any other way. LeBron is absolutely unstoppable in anything resembling a fast break, when he gets a pass curling off a screen it's an automatic 2 points as well, and in a straight up half court he's gonna create higher percentage shots for himself or his teammates than Kobe as well. LeBron is taking a much worse supporting cast to a better record, and has beaten Kobe in both head-2-head matchups this year, he's just better. Kobe's game is prettier, it's more of a polished, finesse game, but LeBron is significantly more effective.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 894

Post#29 » by mattyBoi » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:03 am

I also think Kobe>Lebron.
Stills12
Lead Assistant
And1: 380

Post#30 » by Stills12 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:27 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:Well this year I really think the Kobe/LeBron debate is over now. LeBron is in his prime, and Kobe is leaving his prime. LeBron is the best player now, no need to continue on this
Asianiac_24
General Manager
And1: 3,597

Post#31 » by Asianiac_24 » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:34 am

Phastbreak91 wrote:Lebron led his scrub to the finals when he was like what 22 or 23? Hes better than kobe now and hes only 25 people! Im not even a lebron fan but damn thats just scary

He is also in his 7th/8th year in the league. I believe he has already entered his prime
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#32 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:43 am

Jimmy76 wrote:
xxRoyalexx wrote:

LeBron is NOT a better scorer. If he had an injury that hindered his athleticism slightly he'd be screwed

exactly right. what the **** does finesse have to do with his scoring ability? and that he relies heavily on his physical tools, his strength, size, athleticism. like jimmy76 said doesnt matter how he does it. he does it. Kobe doesnt do everything as well as lebron does either. both have their pros and cons.

some people liek yourself still believe kobes better than lebron. i dont and i think teh majority of people dont either.

your only arguments have been kobes scoring ability over lebron. thats certainly debatable, and we can just give that to kobe for argument sake, lebron still trumps him in every other catogory.

also ballhandling really? lebron is a terific ballhandler for someone his size. kobe should be a better ballhandler, you dont see people knocking kobe because hes not as good a rebounder as lebron.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#33 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:47 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:
Jimmy76 wrote:
xxRoyalexx wrote:

Lebrons style was fine against magic last year, how is getting to the line a problem? he shoots around 77% FT and im pretty sure that was improved in playoffs.

no ones doubting kobe. so that doesnt really make sense, his team is believed to be the best, so if he wins it all you wont have proven anything, unless lebron plays liek ass. then bump this thread. we all no how good kobe will be come play offs, this isnt news and i still think leking is better.
thegreatblaze
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#34 » by thegreatblaze » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:51 am

While I do think LeBron is better than Kobe and the best player in the league, his stats are a little exaggerated because the Cavs entire offense is built around LeBron dominating the ball and getting his numbers, at least that's the impression I get every time I watch them. The Lakers offense really wouldn't function like that. No doubt LeBron's great, but I'd like to see how he plays on a team built for multiple offensive threats.
B2Bhoops
Senior
And1: 83

Post#35 » by B2Bhoops » Sat Mar 6, 2010 4:52 am

I think you have to at least wait until Kobe is healthy before you make a comparison rather than cherry pick a specific point in time to say 'Yea, so and so is better'. The OP is right nobody was opening their mouth at the start of the season only now has it really heated up, and surprise Kobe has been injured and out of play. It's wrong either way to cherry pick one part of the season. Yea, Lebron's stats are hefty no matter how you look at it and youth, and thus a lack of nagging injuries, must somehow factor into how good a player is, but still I think the comparison isn't valid. I'm the type to think that just because a player is injured doesn't mean they aren't the same player. When D-wade was injured was he suddenly a scrub? He may have played like crap but that ability to be great always remained. Great players deserve a chance to redeem themselves. Kobe will get old, as everyone does, but I just don't believe that time is now if he can get past these injuries. Until he is just too old I think Kobe will always deserve to be in the conversation even against a player as great as Lebron.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#36 » by INKtastic » Sat Mar 6, 2010 5:28 am

TheGreatBlaze wrote:While I do think LeBron is better than Kobe and the best player in the league, his stats are a little exaggerated because the Cavs entire offense is built around LeBron dominating the ball and getting his numbers, at least that's the impression I get every time I watch them. The Lakers offense really wouldn't function like that. No doubt LeBron's great, but I'd like to see how he plays on a team built for multiple offensive threats.

you have that backwards. The offense is built around LeBron because he can do so many things so well. You can't just give even a very good player an excessive amount of responsibility and expect the sort of results you get from LeBron.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
Call my name
Banned User

Post#37 » by Call my name » Sat Mar 6, 2010 6:04 am

I don't like all these 'what if' questions.

Who the **** seriously cares, the reality right now whether Kobe's injured or not is that Lebron is better than him.
John Doe [MIN]
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#38 » by John Doe [MIN] » Sat Mar 6, 2010 7:12 am

xxRoyalexx wrote:
Jimmy76 wrote:
xxRoyalexx wrote:

This is the only argument Kobe fanboys have left, and it's every bit as (Please Use More Appropriate Word) as their other ones. LeBron has gone as far or further than people expected him to until last year, and did you see what he did in last year's playoffs? He posted the second highest playoff PER ever. 1st round was a sweep, 2nd round was a sweep, and in the third round the only games they won were entirely because of him doing everything for the Cavs to win. Game 2 he hit the 3 at the buzzer, and Game 5 he scored or assisted on 21 straight points to close the game or whatever it was. You can't possibly knock his playoff performance. 35.3/9.1/7.1 on 61.8 TS% is arguably the greatest of all time. Anyone who watched the Orlando series knows that Mike Brown and LeBron's teammates let him down. He was brilliant.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,089

Post#39 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sat Mar 6, 2010 7:39 am

At this point Kobe is going to have to fight to maintain his status above Wade and Durant, I think the days of comparing him to LeBron are over. Really the only 2 things that put him above Wade and Durant right now rather than at their level is the fact his team is ultra talented, and name exposure.

My top 5 look like this:

LeBron
Wade/Durant
Kobe
Howard
Carmelo

Can't decide between Wade or Durant yet, Durant has been slightly more impressive this season but Wade looks like he's saving something for the playoffs (or next year).
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,089

Post#40 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Sat Mar 6, 2010 7:40 am

Asianiac_24 wrote:
Phastbreak91 wrote:Lebron led his scrub to the finals when he was like what 22 or 23? Hes better than kobe now and hes only 25 people! Im not even a lebron fan but damn thats just scary

He is also in his 7th/8th year in the league. I believe he has already entered his prime

What's the point though? LeBron has never played on a team as good as any of Kobe's title teams. Lakers fans know this but never admit this.

Return to Player Comparisons