No votes

Total votes: 5

Ruhiel
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Common Misconception of "Gifted" 

Post#21 » by Ruhiel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 am

HMFFL wrote:
Ruhiel wrote:In the playoffs who was he ignoring? How many of his 3s came at the buzzer with no time remaining?
How is he ignoring his coaches? Larry Drew said play the 3 and post up and play within the motion.

Did he go out of his way to shoot 3 pointers? not really. Did he go to his strengths drive post up and work around the rim? yes.

I saw Josh go out of his way on plenty occasions in the playoffs to shoot 3-pointers. He went 0-9 against Chicago and 3-24 during the playoffs.

There were 12 games and he played 438 minutes. 438 minutes/ 24 3PA
That's only one 3 pointers every 18:15 minutes .

I define going out of his way is dancing with the ball and hitting a step back three. Or telling a lesser post scorer to post up and he'll stretch out to 3.

You need to define going out of his way. Furthermore How many of those 24 threes came at the end of a shot clock.
If you discount those shot clock padded 3PA then its probably cut in half. But to give you the benefit of doubt instead of me lets say only 6 of those 3s were shot clock forced shots.

That would mean he only took one three every 24 minutes of play.
I do not understand. You need to define going out of his way.

[
quote="Ruhiel"]lol, romanticism at it's finest.

How many times does Rodman box out here? Rodman was shorter and so yes had a much lower center of gravity and could move while the ball was in the air, get in position to get a fingertip on the ball and keep it alive for himself.

Speed helps rebounding, its why slow guys like Jason Collins are terrible. He can box out but he cant pursue/ get to the ball.

You have to get the ball, hardly any guy can outright box a guy out and then change directions and get the ball.

The Rodman box out comparison needs to die.

No reason for me to watch the video when I watched Dennis Rodman since day one... Dennis did a fine job at the basics, positioning himself, and boxing out. It's what made him so damn good. The only time Dennis Rodman averaged Josh Smith's career rebounding high or less was during his first two seasons. Josh Smith on the other hand needs to take notes from someone like Kevin Love who is unathletic and still manages to put Josh Smith to shame. Josh is so gifted, but he fails at the basics, and he'll continue to be an underachiever.
[/quote]

Since you didn't watch the video it shows Rodman, unlike Josh and many other non Hall of Famers, benefited from speed (to get to the ball) and quick jumping as well as wiry strength and a good center of gravity.

I

Josh Smith will never be as fast as Rodman and will never get the position that made Rodman a Hall of Famer.
This is like me saying Horford needs to focus on the basics of shooting with 8 feet arms like Bob McAdoo.

If you're too slow and can't get into position then it doesn't matter how "gifted" Josh is.
Dennis Rodman had his own physical gifts which you refuse to recognize.
Being heavy and stocky is a physical gift. Kevin Love, Charles Barkley, Wes Unseld, Dejuan Blair
Kevin Love btw is white but he's more "athletic" than Wes Unseld btw.

Flat footed Love jumps 29.5".
Josh Smith jumps 32.5" flat footed (who knows if this fell since weight gain).

So rebounding wise Josh jumps a mere 3 inches higher than 255 lb Kevin Love.
Love is not some big classical unathletic stiff. He has his own gifts

Josh actually had his best year rebound wise, why because he got heavier and could hold position.

If you want to see a "physically gifted player" look at Manute Bol. High center of position and Couldnt get into position or hold position.

Complete opposite of Dennis 'the Worm' Rodman.
Rodman had a low center gravity, quick 2nd jump could hold position and move into position and push others even Shaq out of position. Wiry upper body strength.

What good is Josh's leaping if he cant move into position and gets pushed under the basket by Joakim.

Dennis is gifted for rebounding and pushing guys. All Josh stands out in is his running vert. Thats good for transition dunks as a wing, which Rodman could do also. He won his 1st ring as an SF.
Superiorblogman
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: AJC: MC Beat Blog Dissenters - Hop on Board & Follow DRM 

Post#22 » by Superiorblogman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:44 am

I definitely remember LD telling Josh to lose 15 pounds. Noone is making that up.
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Ruhiel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:57 am

Key Quote From the Official Introduction of Larry Drew
"The thing is to get [Josh Smith] off the perimeter. Put him in position to be a little more successful. I believe with his athleticism, he has a lot of capability in low post."

"Larry was standing next to an exuberant Josh Smith. Drew looked dead into the eye of the press camera and patted Josh on his tummy and said, "Josh needs to lose about 10 LBS and get ready to run the new pentangle "motion offense" that I will be installing."

#1 Drew's press conference was held with players present in the audience not together.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/ ... hultz_blog

What you guys was a Jeff Schultz joke caption.
Hawk4Playoffs
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Hawk4Playoffs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:24 am

Are you denying the fact that Josh Smith would rebound better if he boxed out on a regular basis? He would definitely average 2 more rebounds if he boxed out. Instead, he lazily stands underneath the basket relying on his athleticism to get him the rebound... which is fine... but box out AND use your athleticism. What's this BS about center of gravity crap... determination is far more important. Don't compare the center of gravity of Rodman and Josh. And don't say Josh isn't fast....

Its all about the determination and focus. Josh doesn't seemed determined to play the way he should play. Rebound, block shots, take the ball to the hole, post up... anything BUT shooting jumpers.

What Josh really needed was a good coach early on in his career. It's still not to late... I would like to see him do the stuff he does now with a coach like Jerry Sloan or Avery Johnson... he would get benched!
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#25 » by MaceCase » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:31 am

DrMB, should we be worried that our owner only has ties to Sarver and Heisley....two of the most clueless and cheapest owners in the league? Yikes.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#26 » by drmaryb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:47 am

Photographic Memory!

Key Quote From the Official Introduction of Larry Drew
"The thing is to get [Josh Smith] off the perimeter. Put him in position to be a little more successful. I believe with his athleticism, he has a lot of capability in low post."

"Larry was standing next to an exuberant Josh Smith. Drew looked dead into the eye of the press camera and patted Josh on his tummy and said, "Josh needs to lose about 10 LBS and get ready to run the new pentangle "motion offense" that I will be installing."

#1 Drew's press conference was held with players present in the audience not together.

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/ ... hultz_blog

What you guys was a Jeff Schultz joke caption.

Here is the BOTTOM LINE:

If I can basically memorize - The Merck's Manual (a medical dictionary)? I can certainly rely on my visual and audio Superior Senses to recall a silly video of a basketball player and a newly appointed head coach discussing losing 10 - 15 LBS. In response to Coach Drew, Josh Smith laughed in compliance to do just that - slim down!

"Get in shape to run the new offense!"

Not only that, in that video I noticed, Josh's face and neck looked swollen to me.
That was the the first Instance, I had ever noticed an appearant weight gain in Josh. I observe these type things for a living and with passion, (professionally speaking). I'm extremely Type - A personality.

in other words, I'm that female that sees stunt doubles in every action scene of movies. Nothing slips past old eagle eyes. (LOL!)

I surmise, Ruhiel that I may have seen this conversation somewhere other than the Initial Press Conference, it may have been at a Practice Video Clip shown by MC or whatever.

but, who cares? I mean Really?
Ruhiel, are you that up - tight in the anal spinchter?[/b)

If So, either google it until you are satisfied - or, Oh WeIl - [b]it just sucks being you.

The NBA & Sports is ... For Entertainment Purposes Only. Stop stressing - boy.
Chiropractic removes interference to Nerve Flow & OPTIMIZES your health - Your LIFE Depends on it!.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#27 » by drmaryb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 am

by MaceCase on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:31 pm

DrMB, should we be worried that our owner only has ties to Sarver and Heisley....two of the most clueless and cheapest owners in the league? Yikes.

Well Baby - MaceCase?

I hope Alex Meruelo falls more in line with The Memphis Grizzlies franchise model. Don't forget that connection as well. Don't they have Jerry West as a GM/Consultant in Memphis?

We can only hope, pray and dream ...

That Mr. Meruelo looks in that direction. LOL! We already had CHEAP - right? I hope 'ole Alex Boy looks to the Mark Cuban Model ... and remember he too, is a Cuban. (LOL)

Being the first Cuban descendant to own an NBA Franchise, I hope Mr. Meruelo aspires to make his Mamma Proud.
Chiropractic removes interference to Nerve Flow & OPTIMIZES your health - Your LIFE Depends on it!.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#28 » by drmaryb » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:40 am

Co - sign That!

by Hawk4Playoffs on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:24 pm

AMEN! That's the realist ISH ever said.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by Ruhiel » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:19 pm

ruhiel wrote: Josh Smith needs to lose weight (2008,2009,2010 form). He needs to be more of a transition/slasher.

drmaryb wrote:Larry Drew noticed Josh wasn't fat and he needs to lose weight. Josh disobeyed!

drmaryb wrote:"Larry was standing next to an exuberant Josh Smith. Drew looked dead into the eye of the press camera and patted Josh on his tummy and said, "Josh needs to lose about 10 LBS and get ready to run the new pentangle "motion offense" that I will be installing."

Key Quote From the Official Introduction of Larry Drew:

drmaryb wrote:Photographic Memory!

Jeff Schultz, Atlanta blogger wrote:Larry Drew to Josh Smith: "Lose 10 pounds and if you ever want to see the court again, don't ever shoot another jumper." Kidding. Sort of.

drmaryb wrote: I surmise, Ruhiel that I may have seen this conversation somewhere other than the Initial Press Conference, it may have been at a Practice Video Clip shown by MC or whatever. but, who cares? I mean Really?

Anyone who cares about this team would care about rumors about disobeying the coach and undermining team success.

Smith just had his best defensive rebounding years and thus his total rebounding was tied with Al Horford for 15th best in the league.

And he's 6'8 with only 7'0 wingspan.

Yes Josh has a high running vert. But you don't get a running start for rebounds.

Yes Kevin Love is physically gifted. Yes Wes Unseld was physically gifted. Yes Dennis Rodman was physically gifted.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rfSz6e7Cgg[/youtube]
Yes Rodman relied on his athleticism and didnt box out.

Defensive Rebound Pct
1. Kevin Love-MIN 34.2
2. Kris Humphries-NJN 32.2
3. Dwight Howard-ORL 30.6
4. Kevin Garnett-BOS 28.7
5. Marcin Gortat-TOT 27.4
6. Andrew Bogut-MIL 27.1
7. Blake Griffin-LAC 26.9
8. Tim Duncan-SAS 26.8
9. Tyson Chandler-DAL 26.6
10. Zach Randolph-MEM 26.0
11. J.J. Hickson-CLE 25.0
12. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 24.4
13. Emeka Okafor-NOH 24.3
14. Al Horford-ATL 23.7

15. Josh Smith-ATL 23.7 - 6'8"

16. Al Jefferson-UTA 23.2
17. Lamar Odom-LAL 22.2
18. JaVale McGee-WAS 22.2
19. David Lee-GSW 21.9
20. Luis Scola-HOU 21.6
Josh Smith total rebound %15.0 - 0 championships, pf Al horford
Shawn Marion total rebound % 14.3 - 1 championship, pf Dirk nowitzki

Rodman 1st 4 years
ORB% DRB%
15.6 15.3
16.9 20.2
17.6 21.7 championship at SF
16.2 21.7 championship at PF

2011 Josh Smith
6.2 23.7

Rodman made his bones on offensive boards! Quick feet to get into position. Long arms to get a fingertip on the ball. Comact 2nd jump. Tangling one person's arm and weakside positioning.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCmdL8cmUas[/youtube]

Stereotyping
Kevin Love's vertical is 30". Josh's is 32". Stop acting like Kevin Love is a big white stiff and Josh is the uneducated phenom athlete.

Al's defensive rebound % and Josh's were identical this regular season.

I find it deeply ironic that not only should you guys discredit you guys say Josh has "antics" but should pattern his game after Dennis Rodman of all people.

According to you guys Josh is fat one second, and just needs to try harder.

Yet despite being taller lankier and heavier he is as fast as Dennis Rodman the next. :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Qm-Inl9Kk[/youtube]
Hawk4Playoffs
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#30 » by Hawk4Playoffs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:23 pm

Dude, you don't need to write a novel to defend yourself. Stop trying to defend smoove. He should average 10-12 rebounds a game but he doesn't. Don't give me this crap about his height, weight blah blah blah. He was never coached properly. He has a sour attitude. There are lots of things about him that he needs to change. Jump shooting being the priority.

I love Josh Smith and I hope we don't trade him. But he can definitely improve his game by a lot by making minor adjustments.

P.S. Are you honestly comparing Kevin Love's athleticism to Josh Smith? Do you watch basketball or just read stats?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0xCQE71L8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJcVFT-E5SM
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#31 » by MaceCase » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:16 am

He watches youtubes....and reads stats.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Ruhiel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:21 am

Hawk4Playoffs wrote:Dude, you don't need to write a novel to defend yourself. Stop trying to defend smoove. e Hshould average 10-12 rebounds a game but he doesn't. Don't give me this crap about his height, weight blah blah blah. He was never coached properly. He has a sour attitude. There are lots of things about him that he needs to change. Jump shooting being the priority.

I love Josh Smith and I hope we don't trade him. But he can definitely improve his game by a lot by making minor adjustments.

P.S. Are you honestly comparing Kevin Love's athleticism to Josh Smith? Do you watch basketball or just read stats?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0xCQE71L8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJcVFT-E5SM

No more novels :lol: I will be straightforward.

Use logic. Contrary to popular belief you dont get a running start to grab rebounds.
That's why height is considered so important in basketball. Rodman had footspeed that Josh doesnt have.

Josh Smith standing max vert was 32" when drafted. He has gained 20 lbs since then.
Love's is standing max vert 30".
Again you dont get a running head start to rebound. Thats why height, weight, wingspan and agility are measured.
Center of gravity is a complex way of saying where a person's balance is located. Smith does not have the balance to hold position as well as Rodman or a 250 -260 lb Love.

As far as 10 rebounds per game.

ORB DRB Per 36 minutes
1.9 8.7 Bill Laimbeer -championship
2.2 8.3 Bill Laimbeer -championship
5.3 7.3 Dennis Rodman -championship
2.8 7.1 Rick Mahorn -championship

2.1 8.0 Kevin Garnett -championship
4.3 7.8 Zach Randolph 2011
3.9 7.2 Dwight Howard 240 lb rookie season per 36
1.8 7.1 Josh Smith 2011
3.1 7.2 Andrew Bogut career
2.4 7.1 Al Horford 2011
5.1 6.9 Dennis Rodman -championship

Now either nobody in the NBA boxes out, or Josh Smith can't grab OFFENSIVE boards from bigger players.

Per 36 minutes
1.8 7.5 Larry Bird
1.8 7.1 Josh Smith

Larry Bird at 6'10 needs to work on boxing out. He only averaged 10 rebounds per game. :)
If you want Josh to pad his stats and average 10 rebounds per game (for fantasy leagues?).

But does Smith playing 40 mpg equal wins? No. That just means we have no bench depth to relieve him.

Also until he loses weight he will make fatigue mistakes. Frankly he probably cant play 40 mpg for a whole season in his current shape. :wink:
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Ruhiel » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 am

How about another option drmaryb.

A real power forward who can dribble, draw fouls, and stretch the floor.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#34 » by HMFFL » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Ruhiel,

Have you been coached in basketball at all?

Rebounding is about positioning and boxing out. Dennis Rodman did that and he even took it further. He practiced what direction the ball would come off the rim and he benefited greatly because of it. He had an edge over his opponent by being in good position and being knowledgeable about angels off the rim.

AAU was the best competition I played against. I never had to worry about if my opponent was taller, because I was able to rely on my athletic ability, and most of all rebounding knowledge to have an advantage over them. It was the same for a team that had a 7-footer or even the Atlanta Celtics who had the best & tallest team that I faced. Now, as I became older things changed, because injuries took a toll on my body, and rebounding fundamentals became more of a priority. The young man who can jump out of the gym still won't out rebound me in most cases today because I box out and know how to put myself in the best possible position for a rebound. Now, if the young man has any form of training at all, has a good AAU or High School coach, it makes it much more difficult, and it's obvious by observing any local gym or pickup game who posses the skill.

I think it's evident to all of us here that you're going to defend Josh Smith until you suddenly realize that you have no argument. However, you basically ignore that Kevin Love lead the league in rebounding because he has the skill, and lacks the athleticism that Josh Smith has. You also ignored what I noted about Jason Kidd, because his career high is 8.2, and Josh Smith's is a measly .5 more. That would be embarrassing to me if I was Josh, I would figure out how I can improve, and work on averaging 9 per game, which appears to be a difficult number for him to accomplish. If I was a coach on the Hawks I would point out Jason Kidd's career high to Josh Smith and other players. The problem is, he most likely could careless, and it's noticeable by the way he plays.

Josh is the only one holding himself back from becoming an All-Star and DPOY. If he averaged 16ppg, 10ppg, and kept up with Dwight Howard's shot blocking average he would most likely win DPOY. PPG and BPG can stay below his career high, but his rebounding average must come up, and he shares the same career high in blocks per game at as Dwight Howard (2.9).
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#35 » by MaceCase » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:08 pm

drmaryb wrote:
by MaceCase on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Well Baby - MaceCase?

I hope Alex Meruelo falls more in line with The Memphis Grizzlies franchise model. Don't forget that connection as well. Don't they have Jerry West as a GM/Consultant in Memphis?

We can only hope, pray and dream ...

That Mr. Meruelo looks in that direction. LOL! We already had CHEAP - right? I hope 'ole Alex Boy looks to the Mark Cuban Model ... and remember he too, is a Cuban. (LOL)

Being the first Cuban descendant to own an NBA Franchise, I hope Mr. Meruelo aspires to make his Mamma Proud.

No, Jerry West moved on from Memphis awhile back (07) and is now consulting for Golden State actually. I don't know about the Memphis "model" either, they just so happened to have a successful season and playoff run on the back of a resurgent Randolph but their management, specifically Heisley, made one too many blunders that could have gotten in the way of their present and longterm success. Both Heisley and Sarver share a similar quality with the ASG too, they meddle too much with GM decisions and they are penny wise and pound foolish. Between the ASG still being held on in a minority capacity and Sarver plus Heisley serving as his only other professional acquaintances in the NBA, I fear that our new owner may have the worst possible influences around him.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#36 » by drmaryb » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Shenanigans!

Anyone who cares about this team would care about rumors about disobeying the coach and undermining team success. - Rhuiel -

First and Foremost, I never noticed Josh was plump until Drew made that statement on the video clip. I'm not overly obsessed with Josh. He is by far our most exciting player. In response to caring about a rumor or disobeying? (Dogs OBEY, Josh is not a dog) and undermining team?

We don't need a rumor or a video clip to see that, just watch the pouting/yelling on the sidelines and those ill-timed terrible jump shots and kami - kaze passes into the stands!

How's that team building working so far?

I will say this one final time for the hard of hearing. I shared a short conversation I witnessed take place between Drew and Josh. You can take it or leave it. I'm not here to convince anyone of anything and could less what anyone chooses to believe - really.

Like a former boss once told me the first day on a job:
If I tell you once, you didn't know.
If I tell you twice you didn't hear.
If I tell you three times, you're stupid.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#37 » by drmaryb » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:26 pm

by Ruhiel on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:23 pm

How about another option drmaryb.

A real power forward who can dribble, draw fouls, and stretch the floor.

Josh dribbles high and has run some spectacular fast breaks and some very bad ones. It's been a 50/50 proposition IMHO. Whenever he grabs a rebound and doesn't deliver the pass to the PG, I must admitt I typically hold my breath and close one eye. You just can never predict the outcome. Josh dribbling in traffic is not a good look either. He needs to develop a right hand, perhaps he should master his dominant left hand first though.

Drawing fouls is a good part of Josh's game and making the FT's is an OK skill he has.

Stretching the floor? Yikes! Josh should not be working on that during games. He needs to do that in the off season I surmise. If you want to look at Kevin Love, well he is superior to Josh at PF. I would do that trade straight up!

Ruhiel, our problem is clearly at the Center position. The Hawks are just too small in the defensive post. Between Josh and Al the combined points scored is fine, I just wish they both scored primarily in the post and Al is definitely a stretch [4] in that regard. Al's problem is no handles and no low post offensive move s to score against anyone, at anytime in the post, this is more obvious against bigger opponents, e.g. Noah, Dwight, or other players of that ilk.

Our Hawks have too many duplicitous players and someone needs to be moved to balance the roster.

Jamal SG/PG
Joe SG/SF/PG
Josh PF/SF
Al PF/C
Marvin SG (wait! Uh Oh ... He is invisible)
Heinrich PG/SG
Teague (PG/Bench Warmer)

We need to shake up this entire roster and get some players who KNOW their roles and some role players who are specialist to spell the starters and defend/rebound/shoot high percentages.

We need a Real GM
We need a Real Coach
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#38 » by drmaryb » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:44 pm

No, Jerry West moved on from Memphis awhile back (07) and is now consulting for Golden State actually. I don't know about the Memphis "model" either, they just so happened to have a successful season and playoff run on the back of a resurgent Randolph but their management, specifically Heisley, made one too many blunders that could have gotten in the way of their present and longterm success. Both Heisley and Sarver share a similar quality with the ASG too, they meddle too much with GM decisions and they are penny wise and pound foolish. Between the ASG still being held on in a minority capacity and Sarver plus Heisley serving as his only other professional acquaintances in the NBA, I fear that our new owner may have the worst possible influences around him. - Mace Case -

Courage Under Fire!

Well Mace - Case, Mr. Meruelo has to do what I said on page one of this thread:

Look at The Arthur Blank Model. The first thing Alex will need is a wing man, a right hand man who knows basketball and how to build a team. Rich McKay was his first choice and hire and Mr. Blank pulled the plug on Rich immediately when the boat started drifting side ways. No, he didn't fire Rich out right, (that would be admitting Blank made a mistake).

Mr. Blank moved Rich to a VP role and told him to work on finding us a new stadium, talk to the Mayor and get this thing financed with municipal bonds. Basically, he gave Rich job security and a long term project. The real next move was to hire a hidden talent: Thomas Dimitroff from a storied franchice:

The New England Patriots

Here's my point: Mr. Meruelo needs to find his man. I like Jerry West, but from what you said he is in Golden State with the new owners at Golden State. IDK if Alex can pry him away or find that guy? Larry Brown is surly, arrogant and wants to be a GM/Coach. He had major run ins with Joe Dumars in Detroit re: that roster after winning an unlikely Championship with a bunch of OK pieces.

Larry Brown is basically an ****, but he may be the perfect choice for Alex to get in here as GM. Evaluating talent? He can certainly do that! Let him find the right coach for Josh, Al and Joe.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#39 » by MaceCase » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:25 pm

I agree completely, I just want Meruelo as far away from those other guys as possible because if he looks to them for advice then it's going to be business as usual in Hawksville. Conceivably, even without the lockout he'd let Sund ride out the last year of his contract and decide whether or not to pick up LD's 3rd year option before he makes a splash with his own guys but until then I'm not fully on the optimism bandwagon just yet. But of course the lil dreamer in me imagines the young owner hiring and counting on the veteran experiences of Donnie Walsh and Rick Adelman to get his feet wet in the business but alas we are conditioned to hope for the best but expect the worst.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#40 » by drmaryb » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:57 pm

He Came
He Saw
He Measured

And The Hawks Are Lacking!

Mace Case my friend, YOU make a very strong case here:

Aye Alex! Don't listen to the 8 Feces Throwing Orangutans. If you start a conversation with them, pat them down for hidden recording devices, call The GBI and sweep the conference room for hidden cameras and bugs planted underbneath the tables, chairs, clocks and wall pictures.

Don't touch the glasses, plates or leave a cigarette butt in the ash tray! They will collect your words and DNA and they WILL hold it against you in a court of law! Also, don't let them have your personal information either, they make take out a Life Insurance Policy on you and name themselves as beneficiaries! (she winks)

Yeah Mace Case, I Got Jokes! But seriously, I like you hope Mr. Meruelo stays far - far away from that group. The only thing they can teach Alex is: How to Kill a Franchise in Record Time!

I love the Donnie Walsh and Rick Adleman angle. Alex needs to kick the door in and clean house with a huge sweep. Start over and put in his own plans and people! We need a total recall of management and to make all heads roll!

There should be no love loss on the part of Mr. Meruelo. None! LOL
-drmaryb- (*_*)

Return to Atlanta Hawks