No votes

Total votes: 5

drmaryb
Ballboy
And1: 0

AJC: MC Beat Blog Dissenters - Hop on Board & Follow DRMARYB 

Post#1 » by drmaryb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:52 pm

SOLD!

What else is there to say, to get everyone FIRED up about The Hawks? Mr. Meruelo has very deep pockets (14.5B?) and BIG plans for our not-so-storied franchise? I'm all in for "A Change is Gonna' Come!" Alex Meruelo has plopped down 300M and commandeered what 80%? That all but renders the:

"8 Feces Throwing Orangutans" as - irrelevant!

That my friends is a Great Start! Good-Bye and Good Writtens ASKillerG! Yawl can now go and crawl back under that cold, wet rock from whence you came. Perhaps, you can help OJ find the "Real Killers"?

ASKG, You have systematically killed all fan loyalty, enthusiasm, hopes and dreams for not one but two sports franchises in what appears to record time. That and a few Monopoly Bucks, should get you inducted into:

The Guinness Book of World Record!
"That's All Folks!"

What do you expert fan bloggers think, I would love to hear it.
Chiropractic removes interference to Nerve Flow & OPTIMIZES your health - Your LIFE Depends on it!.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Re: AJC: MC Beat Blog Dissenters - Hop on Board & Follow DRM 

Post#2 » by drmaryb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:11 pm

Giddy!

I'm just so Giddy over this purchase. Once the new CBA is settled and in place, there looks to be a lot of action with the UFA's, restricted FA's and trades.

Will Josh be traded? I seriously doubt that. This team has more pressing needs than replacing Josh Smith. How about getting Marvin's contract shipped to Never Land for starters. I guess before that, we need to find a Real GM? As you can see from the poll question, and my vote there, that is the first thing I would like to see happen.

Hopefully, Mr. Meruelo will follow the Arthur Blank Model and go find his Thomas Dimitroff.
Then, step back and allow the New GM to do his job, just give him a BLANK check book.
That one single move will most certainly be:

Cap Friendly? LOL! That is one expenditure that will not push Alex into the Luxury Tax Arena - right? While on that topic, a Real Head Coach - will be paramount and Cap Friendly as well.

Let's Go!
Chiropractic removes interference to Nerve Flow & OPTIMIZES your health - Your LIFE Depends on it!.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
Superiorblogman
Banned User

Post#3 » by Superiorblogman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Yeah, I vote to get rid of Sund and Drew and get a Center. The Center and getting rid of Sund is a must. I don't like Drew but I have a feeling he will be allowed to coach out this year before getting a real coach
evildallas
General Manager

Post#4 » by evildallas » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 pm

I don't know how to answer this. I've read that if an entire season is lost that the time covered by those contracts is also lost. To that end Dwight Howard would be a free agent if the whole season is lost. If I'm not mistaken that would mean that Drew's contract would end as well (probably Sund as well, but I can't remember the terms of his extension). That would make the coach and/or GM is the perfect area to make a first move. The roster movements are constrained by caps and rules and everyone scrambling to understand the new CBA. Center and a real max player seem to be impossible to achieve short-term. A real crowd might be impossible until something changes with the team first.

I don't think he'll stick with Sund long after the transition and I don't think Drew is coaching here in 2012, which happens first is a tough call.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#5 » by drmaryb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:44 pm

by Superiorblogman on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah, I vote to get rid of Sund and Drew and get a Center. The Center and getting rid of Sund is a must. I don't like Drew but I have a feeling he will be allowed to coach out this year before getting a real coach

Yeah Superiorblogman! Enthusiastic Co-Sign. Like Chris Webber said on NBA TV immediately after the Hawks were eliminated in 6 to the Bulls, "Man, the Hawks need to look at management to solve this problem."

From the top down, there needs to be a major over haul. Josh was finally under control and headed to All Star status until Mr. Woodson was fired and Drew was hired. Josh regressed immediately and added on weight, when Drew patted him on his tummy and said, "Josh! You need to drop 15 LBS for the new motion offense!"

What did Josh do? NOTHING, but get married and added on 10 extra LBS. Well, so much for that notion. Josh was totally out of control last season. And, that was just the tip of the ice berg. Rather than trade roster talent and down grade the defense? I say go get yourself a proven, veteran and winning coach.

Before we do that? We need a Real GM, (pun intended). LOL!
-drmaryb- (*_*)
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

I vote get a real center, but we won't be able to get a good center without overpaying as long as Sund is Gm. If there is a lockout and the NBA season is lost then get a new coach (as mentioned Drew is in the final year of his contract) get a new GM and best case Scenario (licking my lips) get Dwight Howard in Free Agency. Do anything to get D12 use the Hometown card, use the best friend card, do ANYTHING
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#7 » by drmaryb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm

by evildallas on Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:42 pm

I don't know how to answer this. I've read that if an entire season is lost that the time covered by those contracts is also lost. To that end Dwight Howard would be a free agent if the whole season is lost. If I'm not mistaken that would mean that Drew's contract would end as well (probably Sund as well, but I can't remember the terms of his extension). That would make the coach and/or GM is the perfect area to make a first move. The roster movements are constrained by caps and rules and everyone scrambling to understand the new CBA. Center and a real max player seem to be impossible to achieve short-term. A real crowd might be impossible until something changes with the team first.

I don't think he'll stick with Sund long after the transition and I don't think Drew is coaching here in 2012, which happens first is a tough call.

Well, evildallas? You make a plethora of fine comments here!

First and foremost, I don't for a minute believe the entire NBA season will be lost. There is way too much money to be made/lost on both sides. The down economy must not be tested for discretionary income expenditures. To battle emotional depression, the world of sports fans NEED an entertainment outlet like "A Fat Kid Needs Cake!"

Now, Dwight is The Whole Enchilada this upcoming season. But, like Melo? He will be the last upcoming UFA traded or NOT? I say, if Dwight refuses to sign an extension by the deadline and, if he demands a trade? It will be done reluctantly. Any team who pulls the trigger will be raped much like the Knicks were.

Having said that? I doubt Dwight will sign an extension with a new club that doesn't have an Amare Stoudamire type player for him to Super-Be-Friend with. See Miami. The Hawks, unfortunately have no such player. Dwight may look to the Lakers or Oklahoma? IDK if Oklahoma has a big enough TV Market for such a SUPER-EGO though. Dwight may very well, demand a trade to either LA or NYC.

Like you, evildallas, I say The Hawks first move has to be a
Real GM.
That will be the most basic change needed and then allow the Real GM to do his job. That is to hire a Real Coach. If this happens, then we will know we have a Real Owner.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#8 » by drmaryb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:24 pm

by ATL Boy on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 pm

I vote get a real center, but we won't be able to get a good center without overpaying as long as Sund is Gm. If there is a lockout and the NBA season is lost then get a new coach (as mentioned Drew is in the final year of his contract) get a new GM and best case Scenario (licking my lips) get Dwight Howard in Free Agency. Do anything to get D12 use the Hometown card, use the best friend card, do ANYTHING

Well, ATL Boy, I love you enthusiasm for a Real GM. That is the Real Key to unlock the Hawks door leading to success! It has to start there. Mr. Meruelo has NO loyalty to anybody in that front office, so he may as well start heads rolling.

Hell, hire PIMP - RENTALS! (that's where they loan you a "Ho", till you can get on your feet). Call Hiedi Fleiss, pack them boxes up in the executive offices and get these clowns outa' here. ( LOL)

Now, we cooking with Fresh Hot Fish Grease! Now we can do what you said and make a hard run at Dwight. Nothing beats a Failure - But a Try! Here's my point: Get a Real Gm and:

Let's Go!
-drmaryb- (*_*)
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#9 » by Ruhiel » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:29 pm

drmaryb wrote:

Yeah Superiorblogman! Enthusiastic Co-Sign. Like Chris Webber said on NBA TV immediately after the Hawks were eliminated in 6 to the Bulls, "Man, the Hawks need to look at management to solve this problem."

From the top down, there needs to be a major over haul. Josh was finally under control and headed to All Star status until Mr. Woodson was fired and Drew was hired. Josh regressed immediately and added on weight, when Drew patted him on his tummy and said, "Josh! You need to drop 15 LBS for the new motion offense!"

What did Josh do? NOTHING, but get married and added on 10 extra LBS.
Well, so much for that notion. Josh was totally out of control last season. And, that was just the tip of the ice berg. Rather than trade roster talent and down grade the defense? I say go get yourself a proven, veteran and winning coach.

Link??
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#10 » by drmaryb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:09 am

by Ruhiel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 pm

LINK??

LOL @ Ruhiel! You wanna' hold my pretty feet to the Fiy-Ah? No problem.
I will search you tube and if it's on file? I will be happy to post a link for you.

It was at the Hawks Press Conference to announce Larry Drew as the Hawks new head coach last off season.

Josh, ZaZa, Randolph Morris, (et. al.) showed Larry Drew a ton of support as incumbent players, who welcomed his hiring over a dismissed iron - fisted Mike Woodson. Larry was standing next to an exuberant Josh Smith. Drew looked dead into the eye of the press camera and patted Josh on his tummy and said, "Josh needs to lose about 10 LBS and get ready to run the new pentangle "motion offense" that I will be installing."

Larry Drew went on to say among other things that, "Josh will see some time at SF while Horford would see more time at the PF." (paraphrased and on point).
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#11 » by drmaryb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:14 am

Ruhiel wrote:
drmaryb wrote:

From the top down, there needs to be a major over haul. Josh was finally under control and headed to All Star status until Mr. Woodson was fired and Drew was hired. Josh regressed immediately and added on weight, when Drew patted him on his tummy and said, "Josh! You need to drop @ 10 LBS for the new motion offense!"

What did Josh do? NOTHING, but get married and added on 10 extra LBS.
Well, so much for that notion. Josh was totally out of control last season. And, that was just the tip of the ice berg. Rather than trade roster talent and down grade the defense? I say go get yourself a proven, veteran and winning coach.

Link??
-drmaryb- (*_*)
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,002

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:15 am

drmaryb wrote:Josh was totally out of control last season.

I have a feeling that Alex Meruelo won't put up with his immaturity. The ASG seemed to start to crack and felt it was best to see what type of value they could acquire for him. It was difficult to watch the Hawks at times when he was on the court because of his antics.
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#13 » by drmaryb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 am

by HMFFL on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:15 pm

drmaryb wrote:

Josh was totally out of control last season.

I have a feeling that Alex Meruelo won't put up with his immaturity. The ASG seemed to start to crack and felt it was best to see what type of value they could acquire for him. It was difficult to watch the Hawks at times when he was on the court because of his antics.

Well, HMFFL, I sure hope you are right. Josh came to camp last season noticeably heavier and started off on Fi-Yah with a smoove jumper. A blessing that quickly turned into a curse. It was hard to sit in the stands and watch all those missed jumpers fly!

Really, really, painful to watch. The crowds were like, "Uh Oh! Yikes! and Oh No!". Take your pick. The imposter fans and Kobe lovers were like, "Shoot It!" Every made shot was a set up for the next bad shot. IT WAS NOT A GOOD SHOT - JOSH! When you were only dropping 16% from the perimeter.

Hello? So, HMFFL, I pray that Josh reins himself in and go back to the blocks with his offense and get back to attempting to block everything at the rim, rebound, put backs, dunks, spin moves, hook shots and floaters! Josh could be Dennis Rodman with Offense, if he would just LIVE in the paint.

His team needs that from him, every single night. Like Joe said, "We're all jump shooters! It is what it is." HMFFL, I pray who ever the head coach is, can squash that notion - day one!

Ruhiel baby! I searched for that LINK??, however, I don't have the time to help you out right now. I have to log off and take care of some pressing issues. Feel free to google that topic - if you must. I'm good with my comments, I stand by the gist of my post there. (Smile)
-drmaryb- (*_*)
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:11 am

drmaryb wrote:Well, HMFFL, I sure hope you are right. Josh came to camp last season noticeably heavier and started off on Fi-Yah with a smoove jumper. A blessing that quickly turned into a curse. It was hard to sit in the stands and watch all those missed jumpers fly!

Really, really, painful to watch. The crowds were like, "Uh Oh! Yikes! and Oh No!". Take your pick. The imposter fans and Kobe lovers were like, "Shoot It!" Every made shot was a set up for the next bad shot. IT WAS NOT A GOOD SHOT - JOSH! When you were only dropping 16% from the perimeter.

Hello? So, HMFFL, I pray that Josh reins himself in and go back to the blocks with his offense and get back to attempting to block everything at the rim, rebound, put backs, dunks, spin moves, hook shots and floaters! Josh could be Dennis Rodman with Offense, if he would just LIVE in the paint.

His team needs that from him, every single night. Like Joe said, "We're all jump shooters! It is what it is." HMFFL, I pray who ever the head coach is, can squash that notion - day one!

Josh already made it clear he's just going to ignore the fans, the media, and he clearly ignores his coaches. I like Josh, but I dislike his attitude, and I believe he can be a much better player. He is limiting himself and the overall success of the team.

He won't ever be able to be like Dennis Rodman until he learns to box out. I won't question his heart, but Dennis' was on another level, and remember Dennis was much shorter. He needs to improve on the basics. Kevin Love drastically improved his inside and out game before last season. Instead of working with "The Dream", Josh simply needs to put in the work, and focus on the simple things.

Josh seems to think the league owes him something. To me he's yet to have an all-star caliber season where I take him over the other forwards who made it. Look how many Atlanta fans speak negative about Al Horford, but praise Josh Smith, and as athletic as Josh is, his career high is 8.7 rpg. If he boxes out his opponent he'll easily average 2 more per game. Jason Kidd's career high is 8.2 rpg. Jason Kidd did it by being sneaky and by boxing out. Kevin Love who wishes he was as athletic as Josh Smith averaged 15.2 rpg this past season. He does it by boxing out and by playing in more of an uptempo offense, but boxing out is the key, and he worked on his rebounding skills.

Josh Smith is an underachiever. Let Marvin Williams shoot those jumpers and incorporate him in the offense instead of allowing Josh Smith to run free. All you have to do is watch his teammates facial and body language and you can tell they question what he's doing at times.
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#15 » by drmaryb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 am

Nuff Said!

HMFFL?

That's about all anyone can say about that! (in the voice of Forrest Gump)
-drmaryb- (*_*)
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#16 » by drmaryb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Questions Galore! & Questions Abound!

Here are a few excerpts from an article MC posted @ 645 PM last evening:

How involved will Meruelo be in Hawks' basketball decisions?

Meruelo has said he's “very hands-on” in his business ventures. Meruelo has no background in sports business, though, so there's no track record for how he might handle a basketball franchise.

“We have people that run the [basketball] operations of the Hawks,” Meruelo said. “What I am hoping to do is ...”

Meruelo's advisers, wary of him touching on prohibited subjects, cut him off before he could finish the thought. He will take control of a franchise with a recent history of ownership directly influencing the basketball operation in matters as detailed as playing time, according to people with knowledge of the events.

Those people did not want to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the team's internal deliberations.

What happens to Rick Sund?

Sund, the general manager, is in charge of Atlanta's basketball operations. After last season, ASG picked up the option on Sund's contract for an additional season.

Sund has advanced ASG's philosophy of keeping the team's "core" players intact. If Meruelo decides to radically alter the roster it's possible he would want a different executive to direct those plans.

Meruelo could decide to retain Sund at his current level of power or part ways with him. The new owner also could opt to keep Sund on staff but bring in another executive with greater authority.

Meruelo's background offers few hints as to how he will proceed. Meruelo said he has informal ties to two NBA owners: Robert Sarver of the Phoenix Suns and Michael Heisley of the Memphis Grizzlies.

In Memphis, Heisley consults with general manager Chris Wallace, but Heisley, who had no background in sports when he purchased the Grizzlies, is the head of basketball operations. Last year Sarver adopted an unusual management structure for the Suns in which none of the top three basketball executives had previous experience in their current roles.

Well my fellow cohorts, as you can clearly see, we fans still have more questions than answers today. The good news is that these are good problems to have, given retrospect. The only things holding us back now are:

The NBA's approval of said SALE
A new CBA Labor Agreement

Two things that are out of The Hawks control. We can't very well blame The ASKG for this one - right?
I do however, take issue with ole' Slick Rick hanging around though. I say take out all the old garbage and steer us in a totally new direction all together. Looking at Arthur Blank, he hand picked Rich McKay. When Mr. Blank didn't approve of Mr. McKay's direction, he replaced him immediately with Thomas Dimitroff from a storied franchise and moved Mr. McKay to the VP role.

Now perhaps that was to save face for himself, or, he felt Rich McKay still had value and could advise him on the Dimitroff hire. Either way, Arthur Blank is clearly in charge and maintains his pulse on his organization.

Rick Sund was not a Alex Meruelo hire and should not receive such benefits of any doubts.

IMHO.
-drmaryb- (*_*)
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Ruhiel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:37 pm

HMFFL wrote:Josh already made it clear he's just going to ignore the fans, the media, and he clearly ignores his coaches. I like Josh, but I dislike his attitude, and I believe he can be a much better player. He is limiting himself and the overall success of the team.

In the playoffs who was he ignoring? How many of his 3s came at the buzzer with no time remaining?
How is he ignoring his coaches? Larry Drew said play the 3 and post up and play within the motion.

Did he go out of his way to shoot 3 pointers? not really. Did he go to his strengths drive post up and work around the rim? yes.

He won't ever be able to be like Dennis Rodman until he learns to box out.

lol, romanticism at it's finest.

How many times does Rodman box out here? Rodman was shorter and so yes had a much lower center of gravity and could move while the ball was in the air, get in position to get a fingertip on the ball and keep it alive for himself.

Speed helps rebounding, its why slow guys like Jason Collins are terrible. He can box out but he cant pursue/ get to the ball.

You have to get the ball, hardly any guy can outright box a guy out and then change directions and get the ball.

The Rodman box out comparison needs to die.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQnrZOZZok[/youtube]

To me he's yet to have an all-star caliber season where I take him over the other forwards who made it.

2010 Win Shares WS/49
LeBron James- 18.5 0.299
Kevin Garnett- 7.3 0.171
Paul Pierce- 8.3 0.165
Gerald Wallace- 11.5 17.7
Chris Bosh- 9.6 18.2
David Lee- 10.3 16.3
Josh Smith*- 9.3 15.5
*only Lebron James, Dwight Howard, and Gerald Wallace contributed more Defensive Wins that season over Smith.
Pretty phenomenal season overall.
On a per minute basis he was 1-2% "less effective" than Pierce and Lee Garnett etc.

2011 Win Shares WS/49
LeBron James- 15.6 24.4%
Amar'e Stoudemire- 8.0 13.4%
Chris Bosh- 10.3 17.7%
Kevin Garnett- 9.0 19.4%
Paul Pierce- 11.6 20.1%
Josh Smith- 6.2 11.8%
1.62% "less effective" than an overburdened aging Amare who even played more minutes than Josh.

On a per minute basis he fell off the elite train offensively, his TS% might be the same but he took close to 3% more shots and his Offensive Rtg declined because he was not making his teammates better (injuries to Joe and Marv aside I guess).
Fell to #11 in defensive win contributions and would be at #6 if he had maintained the same level of defense and stamina.

Look how many Atlanta fans speak negative about Al Horford, but praise Josh Smith,

Other than me?? :lol: who??

and as athletic as Josh is, his career high is 8.7 rpg. If he boxes out his opponent he'll easily average 2 more per game. Jason Kidd's career high is 8.2 rpg. Jason Kidd did it by being sneaky and by boxing out. Kevin Love who wishes he was as athletic as Josh Smith averaged 15.2 rpg this past season. He does it by boxing out and by playing in more of an uptempo offense, but boxing out is the key, and he worked on his rebounding skills.
This is overall either pretty disengenuous or misinformed. Again speed helps rebounding in some cases ie Jason Kidd.

Top2 career highs Total Rebound % Per 36minutes
Kevin Love 2011 23.6 15.3
Kevin Love 2010 21.5 13.8
Josh Smith 15.0 8.9
Josh Smith 14.3 8.8
Jason Kidd 13.2 8.0
Jason Kidd 12.4 8.0

Not shown Kevin Love increased from 1714 to 2611 total minutes. He played harder because he got Al Jefferson out of the way and got more minutes.

His overall rebound % was 2% better. And btw Kevin Love is a much wider body than Josh or Kidd.

One could argue, knowing he'd play PF he added muscle/weight to be a wider body and hold position better.

I hardly remember Josh boxing out as much as he did playing center against Joakim in game 1.

Josh Smith is an underachiever. Let Marvin Williams shoot those jumpers and incorporate him in the offense instead of allowing Josh Smith to run free. All you have to do is watch his teammates facial and body language and you can tell they question what he's doing at times.

Teague-JJ-Marvin-Horford-Center would have been better against Deng?

I dont know what we are talking about here but its definitely not playoff lineups. Marvin let Luol Deng run wild d'ing up on Joe Johnson while not capitalizing on Keith Bogans.

and no going small with Josh-Marvin-Horford is not the answer.

That would be like the Mavericks starting Deshawn-Marion-Nowitzki. We get killed on putbacks
1 athletic player etc
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Ruhiel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:55 pm

drmaryb wrote:
by Ruhiel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 pm

LINK??

LOL @ Ruhiel! You wanna' hold my pretty feet to the Fiy-Ah? No problem.
I will search you tube and if it's on file? I will be happy to post a link for you.

It was at the Hawks Press Conference to announce Larry Drew as the Hawks new head coach last off season.

Josh, ZaZa, Randolph Morris, (et. al.) showed Larry Drew a ton of support as incumbent players, who welcomed his hiring over a dismissed iron - fisted Mike Woodson. Larry was standing next to an exuberant Josh Smith. Drew looked dead into the eye of the press camera and patted Josh on his tummy and said, "Josh needs to lose about 10 LBS and get ready to run the new pentangle "motion offense" that I will be installing."

Larry Drew went on to say among other things that, "Josh will see some time at SF while Horford would see more time at the PF." (paraphrased and on point).

Link? I dont remember that. Did not see the press conf at the time but This was what I saw a year ago.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tzHcmQ7JvM[/youtube]

Here is footage of the press conf that Ive seen since

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDJtMAUPBo[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqJar6x7tek[/youtube]
Joe= Kobe, Dwyane, Lebron

Does anyone else ever recall Drew telling Josh that?
drmaryb
Ballboy

Post#19 » by drmaryb » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Does anyone else ever recall Drew telling Josh that?

Ruhiel, I surf a ton of sports TV. Mainly NBA TV, CNN and rarely ESPN.
Not only did I see the tummy pat, but my hearing is excellent.

That's good enough for me! Otherwise, it sounds like a personal problem to me.
I don't debate with rocks, nothing personal, however a blog is a blog. No one is solving world hunger nor world peace on this forum.

Enjoy yourself, you don't have to eat everything just because its on a buffet. LOL!

Not to change the subject, but also, opinions are interesting to me, but I have NEVER met a know-it-All who actually Knew-it-All.

I'm just saying. Keep scrolling!
-drmaryb- (*_*)
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Ruhiel wrote:In the playoffs who was he ignoring? How many of his 3s came at the buzzer with no time remaining?
How is he ignoring his coaches? Larry Drew said play the 3 and post up and play within the motion.

Did he go out of his way to shoot 3 pointers? not really. Did he go to his strengths drive post up and work around the rim? yes.

I saw Josh go out of his way on plenty occasions in the playoffs to shoot 3-pointers. He went 0-9 against Chicago and 3-24 during the playoffs.

Ruhiel wrote:lol, romanticism at it's finest.

How many times does Rodman box out here? Rodman was shorter and so yes had a much lower center of gravity and could move while the ball was in the air, get in position to get a fingertip on the ball and keep it alive for himself.

Speed helps rebounding, its why slow guys like Jason Collins are terrible. He can box out but he cant pursue/ get to the ball.

You have to get the ball, hardly any guy can outright box a guy out and then change directions and get the ball.

The Rodman box out comparison needs to die.

No reason for me to watch the youtube video when I watched Dennis Rodman since day one and since he was my all-time favorite player. Dennis did a fine job at the basics, positioning himself, and boxing out. It's what made him so damn good. The only time Dennis Rodman averaged Josh Smith's career rebounding high or less was during his first two seasons. Josh Smith on the other hand needs to take notes from someone like Kevin Love who is unathletic and still manages to put Josh Smith to shame. Josh is so gifted, but he fails at the basics, and he'll continue to be an underachiever.

Return to Atlanta Hawks