ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

6ixSide
Freshman
And1: 85

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1441 » by 6ixSide » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:37 am

uga_dawgs24 wrote:
6ixSide wrote:korver and horford for amir johnson+lou williams + terrence ross

So Atlanta gives up the better two players for depth. Atlanta has no desire for Lou as he is a chucker who shoots a low percentage.

Buddy , Lou is in the talks for 6th man of the year. Must be a chucker...
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,473

Post#1442 » by dms269 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:06 pm

6ixSide wrote:
uga_dawgs24 wrote:
6ixSide wrote:korver and horford for amir johnson+lou williams + terrence ross

So Atlanta gives up the better two players for depth. Atlanta has no desire for Lou as he is a chucker who shoots a low percentage.

Buddy , Lou is in the talks for 6th man of the year. Must be a chucker...

What does being in contention for 6th man of the year have to do with him being a chucker or not?

He is shooting sub .400 and sub .330 from 3. Yes he is scoring 15 ppg, but it is due to the large volume he is shooting and the fact that he is missing quite a bit of them.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,476

Post#1443 » by Patsfan1081 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:10 am

[EverGreen] wrote:
theatlfan wrote:
[EverGreen] wrote:Celtics fan here.

Interested in your thoughts on a trade based around Bradley for Schroder/Bazemore/minor filler.

I'm not convinced about Smarts PG skills although he is a good defender (like Bradley). I know you like and value Schroder, but this gives you a starting quality wing defender now that Thabo has gone down. Bazemore becomes a longer term project for the Celtics.

It helps the Celtics tank (which I don't like but they are clearly doing) and adds strength to the Hawks for a deep play-off push.

(for clarity, I'm not saying all Celtics fans will agree with me, just my take on our situation).
Have to hand it to C fans - they will come onto your board and repeatedly offer some sh!__y @ssed deals and think they are doing you a favor. I understand that Ainge has pulled several rabbits out of his hat but that doesn't mean that everyone would overvalue their players either.

Bradley is an undersized 2 whose only real value is as a defensive stopper. He's, at best, a streaky shooter and his ball handling and passing skills are good enough to ensure that he isn't a PG despite the size. His contract is more than 2x that (in terms of average annual payout) than Danny Green even though he doesn't have as much value on the court since Green is clearly the better shooter. I would honestly expect to be paid for taking that contract off BOS hands. Thinking that Bradley would be worth Bazemore, so forth Schröder, is simply laughable.

Counter: Bradley for Jenkins, Mack, and the best 1st BOS owns every year between now and 2018

No need to be a jerk about it man.

What I was proposing was one a starting quality stopper, who's three point shooting is no longer streaky, but as you point our he is never going to be a PG. You are in a position to go deep into the East and I was gauging your interest in that. I maintain that we need a young PG with passing skills and Schroder has that in the glimpses I have watched the Hawks play.
As I started with I'm a C's fan, I don't watch a whole lot of Hawks games and judging by your response you don't watch many C's games either, which I why I was asking for your opinion.
Comparing Bradley's deal to Green's is also laughable. Green is on an excellent deal, he took less money to keep the Spurs together, much like Parker and Duncan have. Bradley's deal isn't great, I agree that we slightly overpaid, but it's not horrible either.

Good luck in the play-offs.

Word of advice, don't post trade posts on other teams forums, everyone always over-rates their own players(just look at Schroder is going to be a superstar and Carroll should be a allstar post and Bradley fg % post). A good way to tell how fans respond to your post is to look at the gamethread page when they played your team. You see them insulting every player on your team and the fans it's prob not good to post a trade idea. It would be stupid to look at ten other threads to get an idea of that however.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,476

Post#1444 » by Patsfan1081 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:21 am

theatlfan wrote:
[EverGreen] wrote:No need to be a jerk about it man.

What I was proposing was one a starting quality stopper, who's three point shooting is no longer streaky, but as you point our he is never going to be a PG. You are in a position to go deep into the East and I was gauging your interest in that. I maintain that we need a young PG with passing skills and Schroder has that in the glimpses I have watched the Hawks play.
As I started with I'm a C's fan, I don't watch a whole lot of Hawks games and judging by your response you don't watch many C's games either, which I why I was asking for your opinion.
Comparing Bradley's deal to Green's is also laughable. Green is on an excellent deal, he took less money to keep the Spurs together, much like Parker and Duncan have. Bradley's deal isn't great, I agree that we slightly overpaid, but it's not horrible either.

10 minutes of research to actually read the board here to realize any of the following: a) we wouldn't be interested in a SG with a 6'7" wingspan at all, b) we wouldn't be interested in trading Bazemore for said piece, or c) we wouldn't be interested in trading Schröder at all.

So, someone comes in, completely decides that he's too important to be bothered with the 10 minutes worth of clicking on a few threads to ensure that his offer isn't completely insulting, and then gets butthurt when he's called out on it. Now that LAL and NYK are down, BOS might have overtaken all others as the most obnoxious fan base there is - and I'd cite this would be cited as a prime case for proof.[/quote

Thanks for showing the boards how you treat other teams fans, good luck with the remaining season.
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Post#1445 » by xccelerate » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Patsfan1081 wrote:
[EverGreen] wrote:No need to be a jerk about it man.

Word of advice, don't post trade posts on other teams forums, everyone always over-rates their own players(just look at Schroder is going to be a superstar and Carroll should be a allstar post and Bradley fg % post). A good way to tell how fans respond to your post is to look at the gamethread page when they played your team. You see them insulting every player on your team and the fans it's prob not good to post a trade idea. It would be stupid to look at ten other threads to get an idea of that however.

You're incorrectly assuming that fans of a team have a hive mind where they overrate their players or they agree over the play and future of players on their team. This is a NBA forum after all, you're going to get fanatics who will come up with many things.

Anyway, that trade offer was pretty bad. Dennis is on a rookie contract($2m-ish/per) where he's shown excellent growth and received recognition. Bazemore(2yr/$4m) is a long athletic defender who has shown great improvement on his 3 and started working on getting to the basket. Also considering the players who are set to be free agents this year or the year after, there's no way the Hawks tie down 4yr/$32mil (same as Teague) to a player who wouldn't get starter minutes on this team.

If you still think the replies to this trade offer are still biased, you can go ask a third party that has knowledge of both teams and these players and tell us what they said.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#1446 » by TKainZero » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Hawks fans

How about Wesley Johnson for John Jenkins?

Atlanta needs some spot mins at the wing, Johnson can give those. I have a feeling Johnson would do much better in a good situation like the hawks than with nick young. He can hit the three pointer (but isn't a good shooter) and is a plus defender on the wings. Having someone like Johnson to throw at elite wing players (like lebron) in the playoffs will help the hawks a lot.

John Jenkins has barely played the last 2 seasons with the hawks after showing some promise his rookie year. Since the hawks shipped out the 2014 15th pick Adrian Payne, it seems obvious the hawks are looking to win now.

Trading John Jenkins for Wesley Johnson would help them a bit

What do you think hawks fans?

Possibly even throw Ed Davis in for some draft picks?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#1447 » by theatlfan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:46 pm

TKainZero wrote:Hawks fans

How about Wesley Johnson for John Jenkins?

Atlanta needs some spot mins at the wing, Johnson can give those. I have a feeling Johnson would do much better in a good situation like the hawks than with nick young. He can hit the three pointer (but isn't a good shooter) and is a plus defender on the wings. Having someone like Johnson to throw at elite wing players (like lebron) in the playoffs will help the hawks a lot.

John Jenkins has barely played the last 2 seasons with the hawks after showing some promise his rookie year. Since the hawks shipped out the 2014 15th pick Adrian Payne, it seems obvious the hawks are looking to win now.

Trading John Jenkins for Wesley Johnson would help them a bit

What do you think hawks fans?

Possibly even throw Ed Davis in for some draft picks?

I'd add in TOR's 2nd and the difference in cost between Jenkins and Johnson for the rest of the season.

I like Davis but I don't know what we'd do with him. We need rebounding and he can do that to be sure, but after that, I don't see anything through the stats that I'd think that our FO would jump at. If you're shopping him, I'd assume you could get more from another team, but if you want to gift him to us, I certainly think we wouldn't say no.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#1448 » by azuresou1 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:15 pm

I'd rather just trade a 2nd for Ed Davis.

That guy is criminally underrated. Great statistically for his role, passes the eye test with flying colors. Don't know how he's bounced around the league.
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#1449 » by theatlfan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:57 pm

azuresou1 wrote:I'd rather just trade a 2nd for Ed Davis.

That guy is criminally underrated. Great statistically for his role, passes the eye test with flying colors. Don't know how he's bounced around the league.

Another thing to consider when it comes to Davis: where does his minutes come from? He's a 4-only type - can't shoot enough to play away from the basket; isn't big (in height or girth) enough to play C. So who how do you clear out minutes at PF for Davis? I don't see moving Millsap or Scott to SF or C. SF ain't happening. While some have mentioned it here, it's really a message board fantasy. The position highlights both players' weaknesses while downplaying their strengths. C may be worse. Every time I've seen Millsap on the opposing 5, the other team sees the mismatch and feeds him. I can't imagine Scott faring any better.

Again, I like Davis and wouldn't mind us changing things up and going after someone with his athleticism especially down low. But I don't see us dealing assets, even minor ones, for someone who just doesn't have a path to the floor.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#1450 » by azuresou1 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:44 pm

I would expect him to come in at PF off the bench when we need rebounding and defense more than Mike Scott's shooting. It would also give Millsap some additional minutes to rest, and he could even get some spot minutes at the 5 when we want to go small ball.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#1451 » by Vindicater » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:00 am

Hi guys,

Minnesota fan here.

Thinking along the lines of (if draft picks stay where they are.

Pekovic + 2nd pick.

for

Horford + 9th pick.

What are your thoughts? Minnesota could use a defensive minded big man like Horford and I don't really want more youth as I think veteren leadership is what we need. Atlanta get a chance to grab a superstar at the #2 while taking on PPekovic (a decent centre in his own right) final two years.
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,253

Post#1452 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Vindicater wrote:Hi guys,

Minnesota fan here.

Pekovic + 2nd pick.

for

Horford + 9th pick.

What are your thoughts? Minnesota could use a defensive minded big man like Horford and I don't really want more youth as I think veteren leadership is what we need. Atlanta get a chance to grab a superstar at the #2 while taking on PPekovic (a decent centre in his own right) final two years.

The chance to get a top 3 lottery pick this summer seems like a no-brainer...but we ain't giving up Horford. And definitely not for the money owed to Pek.

AL Horford might be the single most important player on our team.

If want us to even discuss AL going there...the bidding begins at Wiggins.
Vindicater
General Manager
And1: 423

Post#1453 » by Vindicater » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Minnesota fan here.

Pekovic + 2nd pick.

for

Horford + 9th pick.

The chance to get a top 3 lottery pick this summer seems like a no-brainer...but we ain't giving up Horford. And definitely not for the money owed to Pek.

AL Horford might be the single most important player on our team.

If want us to even discuss AL going there...the bidding begins at Wiggins.

Thats what I figured and why I added the #2 pick. Just trying to gauge how Atlanta view Horford.

Thanks for the reply :)
"That's why the last two years weren't guaranteed," Walsh said. "Either way, he knew it could have happened either way."
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1454 » by MaceCase » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:21 am

Minnesota fan here.

Pekovic + 2nd pick.

for

Horford + 9th pick.

The #2 could probably get you Horford on his own, no Pek and no #9. Why the Wolves would entertain that with just a year left on his deal and them being at the beginning of a rebuild is a head scratcher though.... but the Hawks would be hard pressed to turn that deal down with Towns or Okafor on the board unless they literally just won the championship and want continuity. I can see the Wolves being motivated sellers being that you already have young talent at the same positions as the top prospects in the draft but as I said, there's a risk more so for one side than the other but I certainly wouldn't attempt to hit you over the head for Wiggins.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#1455 » by youngthegiant » Sat May 23, 2015 5:23 am

Since Carroll is about to get paid. Would you guys do a deal based around Wilson Chandler and the Portland Pick for Dennis Schroder? You guys still need some cap room to extend Horford and hopefully bringing back Millsap. We could also throw in a good back up/vet in Nelson.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,473

Post#1456 » by dms269 » Sat May 23, 2015 1:08 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Since Carroll is about to get paid. Would you guys do a deal based around Wilson Chandler and the Portland Pick for Dennis Schroder? You guys still need some cap room to extend Horford and hopefully bringing back Millsap. We could also throw in a good back up/vet in Nelson.

I don't see the value being there for the Hawks. For what Chandler is being paid, why not spend the little bit extra and bring back DMC or someone who is better than Chandler? He is a bad shooter overall. I just don't see how 23 + Chandler is enough value for someone up and coming like Dennis.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#1457 » by lakerhater » Mon May 25, 2015 4:58 am

Shelvin Mack for Nik Stauskas. Fair or not?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1458 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 25, 2015 5:26 am

lakerhater wrote:Shelvin Mack for Nik Stauskas. Fair or not?

LOL

I'd do this trade everyday of the week and twice on Sunday!
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#1459 » by lakerhater » Mon May 25, 2015 5:51 am

Jamaaliver wrote:

LOL

Building on that premise how about the following:

Stauskas/Thompson/McCallum

For

Sefolosha/Mack/Bazemore
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1460 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 25, 2015 6:34 am

lakerhater wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

LOL

Building on that premise how about the following:

Stauskas/Thompson/McCallum

For

Sefolosha/Mack/Bazemore

Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Baze plays hard, but neither he, Mack or Thabo are in this team's long term plans.

Thompson gives us the best backup Center we've had in years, Staukas can learn from Korver what it takes to survive and thrive in this league as a 3-pt specialist. McCallum is still young and can be moved in future trade.

Others here are more fond of Bazemore and Mack than I am. But this trade seems pretty fair to me. We get a big and a wing prospect. SAC gets a handful of blue collar vets to fill out the roster and provide leadership.

Return to Atlanta Hawks