ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#701 » by ATL Boy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 pm

MaceCase wrote:Shades of Isiah Rider. Cousins' value is dropping like a stone, you offer up Horford and the Kings run away laughing at the fact they were able to recoup value like that for their resident headcase. I'd entertain a trade for him, of course, but definitely neither of our two big guns.

This, Cousins is a cancer and only the right coach can get him to get his act together (that obviously wouldn't be LD)
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
diesel50
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#702 » by diesel50 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:
diesel50 wrote:What about a Horford for Cousins trade? Atlanta gets younger talent. Sacramento gets a 2 time Allstar who doesn't have maturity issues.

Right now, Cousins is poison. Trading a good locker room guy for a guy who is bound to blow up at any given moment isn't a smart move.

Well, the way I see it, he's a 17.4, 9.5 C who plays at 6'11 270. I like Horf but Horf aint the same since his injury and Horf doesn't have near the potential that Cousins have. IF Cousins value were not dropping, this proposal would be dead on arrival but because he has had problem, this trade could be magic for us. Especially if we get a vet coach who can handle young guys.
What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****' a-holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your freakin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#703 » by ATL Boy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:42 am

diesel50 wrote:
uga_dawgs24 wrote:
diesel50 wrote:What about a Horford for Cousins trade? Atlanta gets younger talent. Sacramento gets a 2 time Allstar who doesn't have maturity issues.

Right now, Cousins is poison. Trading a good locker room guy for a guy who is bound to blow up at any given moment isn't a smart move.

Well, the way I see it, he's a 17.4, 9.5 C who plays at 6'11 270. I like Horf but Horf aint the same since his injury and Horf doesn't have near the potential that Cousins have. IF Cousins value were not dropping, this proposal would be dead on arrival but because he has had problem, this trade could be magic for us. Especially if we get a vet coach who can handle young guys.

The problem is that we don't have that vet coach, if we were going into full rebuild then by all means I'd trade Horf for Cousins but we have cap room and we can be contenders through FA. Also Horford has been better than ever since the injury, don't overreact to a 3 game slump, because before that slump he had 7 straight games with a double double

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#704 » by MaceCase » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:35 am

The Hawks lack neither the strong vet coach or even the veteran roster support that would be needed to reign in Cousins especially so when you are shipping out one of the team's leaders for him. Nearly the entire roster and coach are on ending deals with few to none being expected to be back. That's not the proper environment to nurture this guy and really doesn't offer much difference from the constant upheaval that he's already experienced in Sacramento. If the roster was set longterm you could make that argument but he's already burned through two coaches (Westphal wasn't exactly a chump) and hasn't found the mentoring of vets like Hayes, Garcia and Salmons to mean much.

At the rate he's going he's not likely to fare better than Andray Blatche. They are both similarly aged, talented and physically gifted yet have one too many redflags both on and off the court. Blatche was amnestied yet no one picked him up off waivers and he remained a free agent for 3 months until the Nets finally decided to give him a shot for nothing more than 800K.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,474

Post#705 » by dms269 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am

diesel50 wrote:
uga_dawgs24 wrote:

If we get a vet coach and if we get a vet roster. Changing your team to fit one player NEVER works. This team would have to be completely restructured to combat Cousins' craziness. People think Josh has an attitude problem will be in for a rude awakening.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#706 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 am

I can see the bucks having some interest in Morrow

Do you think you'd be interested in something like Dally for Morrow/filler player??
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#707 » by dms269 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:42 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:I can see the bucks having some interest in Morrow

Do you think you'd be interested in something like Dally for Morrow/filler player??

I wouldn't say it is outside the realm of possibilities. Dally is expiring as well and would give the Hawks another big to use
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 968

Post#708 » by Geaux_Hawks » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:26 pm

If the Kings want to unload some salary and give us Cousins, then I say anybody but Smith, Horford, or teague for Cousins and a bad contract like salmons.

Talent wise, DMC would give us a perfect fit with Smith and Horford. Looking at the Hawks as a team, we are young and winning , but have the veteran experience that most young teams never experience at a young age. Replace LD with a more competent coach, and I think Horford and Smith would provide enough leadership to influence DMC onto the right path. Add a veteran locker room presence like Ben Wallace or Elton Brand next year, and we would be solid.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#709 » by ATL Boy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:If the Kings want to unload some salary and give us Cousins, then I say anybody but Smith, Horford, or teague for Cousins and a bad contract like salmons.

Talent wise, DMC would give us a perfect fit with Smith and Horford. Looking at the Hawks as a team, we are young and winning , but have the veteran experience that most young teams never experience at a young age. Replace LD with a more competent coach, and I think Horford and Smith would provide enough leadership to influence DMC onto the right path. Add a veteran locker room presence like Ben Wallace or Elton Brand next year, and we would be solid.

That's a great plan but I doubt that Sacramento gives away Cousins for pennies, especially since he's still on his rookie contract and has all the potential in the world. I'd love Cousins but I don't think we get him without giving one of our 3 best players

blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Post#710 » by blackham9258 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 3:33 am

Any interest in Al Jefferson
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#711 » by MaceCase » Wed Jan 2, 2013 8:32 pm

blackham9258 wrote:Any interest in Al Jefferson

Some here swear by him but to me he's too high usage and not efficient enough with his offense to justify such high usage even though he won't produce without said high usage....if you get what I'm saying. Do like him as a rebounder though.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#712 » by ATL Boy » Wed Jan 2, 2013 9:10 pm

No interest in an expiring that's gonna demand near the max

Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant

Post#713 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Jan 3, 2013 10:47 pm

ATL Boy wrote:

Who cares if he is going to demand near max. Our goal won't be to re-sign him, but to aqcuire him to make a run in the playoffs. He's a quality rebounder, and a legit target down low. Plus, he gives us a big enough body in the low post against big guys in the paint. Most importantly, Horford gets to move to his natural 4 as most would claim he is better there.

If the cost is Petro, Morrow, and Devin Harris, then go for it.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant

Post#714 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Jan 3, 2013 10:50 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:If the Kings want to unload some salary and give us Cousins, then I say anybody but Smith, Horford, or teague for Cousins and a bad contract like salmons.

That's a great plan but I doubt that Sacramento gives away Cousins for pennies, especially since he's still on his rookie contract and has all the potential in the world. I'd love Cousins but I don't think we get him without giving one of our 3 best players

Well I figure we couldn't without adding first, but I was going off of rumored deals the Celtics possibly laid out.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#715 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jan 4, 2013 2:53 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:

Who cares if he is going to demand near max. Our goal won't be to re-sign him, but to aqcuire him to make a run in the playoffs. He's a quality rebounder, and a legit target down low. Plus, he gives us a big enough body in the low post against big guys in the paint. Most importantly, Horford gets to move to his natural 4 as most would claim he is better there.

If the cost is Petro, Morrow, and Devin Harris, then go for it.

Do you really think that they'll give us Jefferson for 2 role players and a scrub? If they do then I'm all for it but they won't give us a potential All-Star C for this package

ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#716 » by ferk » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 am

How bout a smaller trade with Mem.
Mo speights,tony wroton
Scott, tolliver ,pick

Memphis gets under the cap and still contends this year.

Atl gets a nice backup pf/c and a young pg/sf
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#717 » by MaceCase » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:46 pm

I don't see it. The Hawks two greatest areas of depth is PF and G,this trade just swaps them around.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#718 » by dms269 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 am

ferk wrote:How bout a smaller trade with Mem.
Mo speights,tony wroton
Scott, tolliver ,pick

Memphis gets under the cap and still contends this year.

Atl gets a nice backup pf/c and a young pg/sf

I just don't really see the reason for Atlanta. They would likely rather gamble with their first then take this deal.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#719 » by ferk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 am

They trade the rights to swap with Brooklyn in 2014 or 2015 from the jj trade.
I don't know how that works .
A 2 nd would probably work too.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant

Post#720 » by Geaux_Hawks » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:39 pm

What do you guys think about Ed Davis? I'v liked him since last year. He's an athletic big that could give us another shotblocker to spell Smith, and can be a double-double guy with minutes..

Also, what about Villanueva in Detroit? He gives us more spacing to operate with, and is a decent rebounder. Defense is probably average. Contract is an extra year, but he can become an expiring next deadline to work with or in the off-season.

Return to Atlanta Hawks