ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1) 

Post#1 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Just a thread to discuss the various trade ideas involving the Atlanta Hawks.

Unlocked part 2 to this thread is here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1427112
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,473

Re: Atlanta Hawks official Trade ideas thread 

Post#2 » by dms269 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

This is a good idea. I will pin it for us. If HMFFL wants it down he can remove it.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#3 » by MaceCase » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:32 pm

I assure you that this thread will be dead if we keep winning but when that first loss comes it'll be filled with scenarios that are even offering up our 2020 pick for player X. Well it will be filled with 5 separate threads that had to be merged cuz.......well people got a lil ego sometimes when they start threads.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4 » by dms269 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:46 pm

MaceCase wrote:I assure you that this thread will be dead if we keep winning but when that first loss comes it'll be filled with scenarios that are even offering up our 2020 pick for player X. Well it will be filled with 5 separate threads that had to be merged cuz.......well people got a lil ego sometimes when they start threads.

Many of the other boards have a centralized trade thread. It does get a little frustrated when we have 5 threads of different trades. If there are rumors about players being shopped then it can get it's own thread, but in terms of just basic threads this seems like a good idea.

It also is a good place for trade board things to be posted. Not sure how many of us actually visit it (I know I do). Might increase the traffic there as well.

If it fails it fails...doesn't hurt to say we tried.
Superiorblogman
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#5 » by Superiorblogman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Kirk+Zaza and a 2nd round pick if push comes to shove for Kaman.

Trade does come with its negative. We take on $1.28 million salary this year. That means we would have to boot someone or some people to stay under cap and we give up 2 players to start with. So, I don't think it happens because I don't see how we get under the luxury cap and make this move.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Superiorblogman wrote:Kirk+Zaza and a 2nd round pick if push comes to shove for Kaman.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat but I don't know if New Orleans would, other than the Kirk's expiring and the second rounder they don't have much value coming back (if you think the pick has value in the first place).

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#7 » by Years80HAWKS » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 pm

There will be no rumors as along as we win, but it is normal that the posts will come when we start losing, which will eventually happen, because this roster is not enough to compete for big objectives.
Rumors will appear if we lose because they wll come fron indide the club. I am sure. The FO will have to re-think about the situation.

I am tired of saying this, but I will not understand in a million years that we have two perimeter players on non-guaranted contracts that NEVER leave the bench and whose spots could be used to get a big man. I already thought at the beginning of the season that we needed another big man and was much susprised when Benson was shown the exit door. I keep thinking that, of course.

Then, if Sloan and Stackhouse are valuable for us (which already seems to be a joke), should we keep Hinrich and wait until his contract expires next summer? Or should we look for a trade that can bring here a big man? If we are going to use Hinrich's money, or a part of it, to get someone during the summer, may be we shoudl wait, unless we get a big man in a expiring contract. But I am almost sure we are just waiting for that money to come off the books and save more next year, so we are not trading Hinrich or bringing in anyone.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Years80HAWKS wrote:There will be no rumors as along as we win, but it is normal that the posts will come when we start losing, which will eventually happen, because this roster is not enough to compete for big objectives.
Rumors will appear if we lose because they wll come fron indide the club. I am sure. The FO will have to re-think about the situation.

I am tired of saying this, but I will not understand in a million years that we have two perimeter players on non-guaranted contracts that NEVER leave the bench and whose spots could be used to get a big man. I already thought at the beginning of the season that we needed another big man and was much susprised when Benson was shown the exit door. I keep thinking that, of course.

Then, if Sloan and Stackhouse are valuable for us (which already seems to be a joke), should we keep Hinrich and wait until his contract expires next summer? Or should we look for a trade that can bring here a big man? If we are going to use Hinrich's money, or a part of it, to get someone during the summer, may be we shoudl wait, unless we get a big man in a expiring contract. But I am almost sure we are just waiting for that money to come off the books and save more next year, so we are not trading Hinrich or bringing in anyone.

Rumors don't have to swirl on this thread, I just made this thread to avoid the many trade threads that take up space on our boards, this is a simpler way to discuss Hawks' trade rumors.

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ATL Boy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:35 pm

I found an interesting Trade proposal I saw on the General discussion board involving Atlanta, Golden State, and Minny. Here goes

GS trades: Udoh/D Wright/Monta

Gets: J Smith/Beasly

ATL trades: Zaza/Josh Smith

Gets: Darko/Udoh/D Williams/Ridnour

T'Wolves trade: Darko/D Williams/Beasly/Ridnour

Get: Zaza/D Wright/Monta

Why for Minny: they get a solid SF in Dorell Wright at a reasonable contract and one of the NBA's leading scorers in Monta Ellis who would fit in nicely with Rubio as his PG getting him open looks.

Why for Golden State: They finally get that defensive presence Mark Jackson has been looking for (he emphasized defense when he become the head man in GS) in Smoove, They also get Beasly who would fill in scoring wise after Monta's departure, Smith and Beasly can also play both the SF and PF positions so it gives Mark Jackson some options in terms of rotations.

Why for Atlanta: We get even deeper in terms of bench and a nice defensive Center who last season averaged 2 blocks (more than Josh last year) in Darko which allows us to move Al to the PF position if only for a number of minutes per game; we also get Ridnour who becomes our backup PG for the next few years and who makes Hinrich even more expendable for us, and lets not forget about Derrick Williams who becomes our PF/SF of the future, he was the second pick in this year's draft.
Thoughts?

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#10 » by dms269 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Years80HAWKS wrote:There will be no rumors as along as we win, but it is normal that the posts will come when we start losing, which will eventually happen, because this roster is not enough to compete for big objectives.

I don't think you see the purpose of this thread. It isn't to place all the rumors in one place. Occasionally threads will appear on the forum, created by our fans and other fans, which are usually just ideas...very similar to the trade forum.

This is just here to give them a place to post them and not clog up the main Hawks page with tons of threads.
kakopedi1
Junior
And1: 4

trade idea.... 

Post#11 » by kakopedi1 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:23 am

Would you guys do a Garnett & Rondo for Horford, Williams, Hinrich, Teague & a pick trade?
joe56755
Freshman

Re: trade idea.... 

Post#12 » by joe56755 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:52 am

I think atlanta can do better than an expiring garnett for horford . i do like rondo but not for teague , williams hinrich and a pick . if around the trade deadline atlanta is struggling i could see garnett rondo and a pick for joe johnson , horford and teague .this would clear some cap space for atl and get them another pick in a good draft .boston probably wouldnt want joes contract but adding horford and teague might make them consider it .
Ruhiel
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#13 » by Ruhiel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:06 am

No, how the mighty have fallen. Are windows closing too. So not gonna be too prideful but Perkins should still be a Celtic, but then he might still be complacent and not have lost weight and got injured etc etc

But no we dont want to deal with Boston. Unless Garnett has a time machine....
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#14 » by MaceCase » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 am

Like magic, lol. We have an official trade thread pinned but of course, this "deserved" it's own thread. Merge away and I'll reply in earnest.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#15 » by MaceCase » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:33 am

ATL Boy wrote:I found an interesting Trade proposal I saw on the General discussion board involving Atlanta, Golden State, and Minny. Here goes

Why for Minny: they get a solid SF in Dorell Wright at a reasonable contract and one of the NBA's leading scorers in Monta Ellis who would fit in nicely with Rubio as his PG getting him open looks.

Why for Golden State: They finally get that defensive presence Mark Jackson has been looking for (he emphasized defense when he become the head man in GS) in Smoove, They also get Beasly who would fill in scoring wise after Monta's departure, Smith and Beasly can also play both the SF and PF positions so it gives Mark Jackson some options in terms of rotations.

Why for Atlanta: We get even deeper in terms of bench and a nice defensive Center who last season averaged 2 blocks (more than Josh last year) in Darko which allows us to move Al to the PF position if only for a number of minutes per game; we also get Ridnour who becomes our backup PG for the next few years and who makes Hinrich even more expendable for us, and lets not forget about Derrick Williams who becomes our PF/SF of the future, he was the second pick in this year's draft.
Thoughts?

Really is not a terrible trade for Atlanta turning Josh into 3 bigs and a very steady backup PG who's presence happens to coincide with Jennings best season and now Rubio's good rookie campaign. Have to question though whether Monta is worth Beasley and Williams for Minny though.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Superiorblogman
Banned User

Post#16 » by Superiorblogman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I found an interesting Trade proposal I saw on the General discussion board involving Atlanta, Golden State, and Minny. Here goes

Thoughts?

I would not do this trade right now. I don't see anything Darko does well after watching him the other day. Ridnour as a backup is okay, but we could simply trade Kirk for another 1st rd pick and take a PG in the 1st rd who will come cheaper than re-signing Kirk or paying Ridnour. Udoh, is a young big with upside but he is not showing much on the floor. Derrick Williams would be the get here but he looks a long ways off right now. I don't see the value in this trade at the moment other than a insignificant amount of salary cap relief.
Superiorblogman
Banned User

Post#17 » by Superiorblogman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Trade does not help Hawks. We are basically doing Horford, Teague, Hinrich, and Marvin for Rondo. What a joke. So, Horford replaces Garnett for the next 10 years, Hinrich and Teague replace Rondo, Marvin replaces Jeff Green and Rondo replaces Teague. Sund is pretty incompetent but I don't think this incompetent.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,822

Post#18 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Superiorblogman wrote:Kirk+Zaza and a 2nd round pick if push comes to shove for Kaman.

Trade does come with its negative. We take on $1.28 million salary this year. That means we would have to boot someone or some people to stay under cap and we give up 2 players to start with. So, I don't think it happens because I don't see how we get under the luxury cap and make this move.

I doubt New Orleans would do it. All the rumors during the past linked Kaman to actual talent, so he does have value (Iggy), and I doubt a deal can be reached with us.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#19 » by MaceCase » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:19 pm

kakopedi1 wrote:Would you guys do a Garnett & Rondo for Horford, Williams, Hinrich, Teague & a pick trade?

Okay, it's merged. Sorry if I came across as ass holish but it's just that I predicted not even a few hours earlier that most trade posts wouldn't be made in the actual newly minted trade thread and here you came.

And now to your trade proposal.......No. In detail, hell no. Al Horford did not suffer an MCL, PCL, ACL tear, he does not have a ruptured achilles, he doesn't need microfracture surgery so I can't understand why the belief is that because he's injured that his value just dropped down the toilet where he has to be traded with numerous other valuable pieces for a thousand year old with dust for knees and Rondo.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
davidse
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#20 » by davidse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:31 pm

horford, josh smith, hinrich, 1st
for
amare, chandler, dougles.

makes the hawks instant contenders instead of suffering through a wasted season on a huge budget (because of horford's injury)

gives new york - a team that's going nowhere and has killed their flexiblity - two great options:

1. a good trade package for howard (horford would be ideal for orlando - allowing them to tank and get a great lottery pick, and the knicks can also absorb all of orlando's bad contracts with the hawks' package. they add shumprt and the hawks' 2012 1st, and this is a very tempting offer for orlando.

2. even if they fail at howard - the knicks' "new" position next summer will be:
melo, horford, shumpert, fields, hawks' pick, and a max salary slot to offer next offseason. a much better position than where they are now - as i said - going nowhere and having zero future flexiblity.

i think that horford going down makes this a very good move for the hawks, and an opportunity for the knicks.

Return to Atlanta Hawks