ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1381 » by MaceCase » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:37 am

aw8 wrote:Raptors fan here would you take

DeMar Derozan, Amir Johnson, 2015 first rounder

For

All Horford, Kyle Korver

I think this trade is fair for both parties, All star for an All star.

Absolutely difficult to turn that deal down. Never been much sold on Derozan but he's a stud go to scorer, Amir is a poor man's Horford at PF/C and you're getting a first out of it too? Yea, Derozan doesn't shoot at all from deep but the Hawks have shooting elsewhere and it clears an additional 7 mil in salary in the summer though I admit there aren't any sexy names that wouldn't already be available to the Hawks. Perhaps they can go harder on pairing a Jimmy Butler and Monroe together. Monroe is unrestricted and the Bulls are too tax adverse to match a serious offer for Butler. Teague/Schro-Demar-Butler-Monroe plus two 1sts is a pretty decent young yet veteran team to field with balanced scoring on the wings and inside.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#1382 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:14 am

Just posted this on the T&T board, what do you guys think?

ATL OUT: Millsap, Carroll, 2015 1st

CHA OUT: Jefferson

I could possibly see us including one of Pero or Muscala to give Charlotte a temporary stop gap at center.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#1383 » by Troubadour » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:31 pm

The Raptors aren't going to trade DeRozan. Not any time soon, at least.

What about this trade?

2015 1st Round Pick (TOR)
2016 1st Round Pick (lesser of DEN / NYK)
Chuck Hayes (expiring)
Landry Fields (expiring)

for

Al Horford

You get two firsts, one of which has a strong chance of being a lottery pick, and carry no new salary into 2016.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1384 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:45 pm

Troubadour wrote:The Raptors aren't going to trade DeRozan. Not any time soon, at least.

What about this trade?

Chuck Hayes (expiring)
Landry Fields (expiring)

for

Al Horford

You get two firsts, one of which has a strong chance of being a lottery pick, and carry no new salary into 2016.

For starters the 2015 1st will be mid to high 20's after the trade. And if you want a fringe star (our star) then "the lesser" of the DEN/NYK 2016 1st has to turn into the "greater". Either way I don't see any Horford to Toronto trade happening at all unless JV is included.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#1385 » by Troubadour » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:52 pm

PMOTT3 wrote:
Troubadour wrote:The Raptors aren't going to trade DeRozan. Not any time soon, at least.

What about this trade?

Chuck Hayes (expiring)
Landry Fields (expiring)

for

Al Horford

For starters the 2015 1st will be mid to high 20's after the trade. And if you want a fringe star (our star) then "the lesser" of the DEN/NYK 2016 1st has to turn into the "greater". Either way I don't see any Horford to Toronto trade happening at all unless JV is included.

Well, we don't have the greater...we have the lesser :(.

I see. Well, I can't see that happening, but it's worth knowing. Thanks.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#1386 » by 76ersfan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:23 am

Sixers fan here.
What are you guys going to do with Paul Millsap?? Trade or resign and what would you pay him per year??

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1387 » by Hawk Eye » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:32 am

76ersfan wrote:Sixers fan here.
What are you guys going to do with Paul Millsap?? Trade or resign and what would you pay him per year??

That's the million dollar question.

Imo, the ideal situation would be to move Horford to PF and sign Marc or Asik this off season. But considering Atlantas recent off season shananigans, I don't see that happening. If not, then I'd like us to resign Mildap but I jusyd feel like he is going to command a lot more money than what's he worth. Which I'm not okay with.
76ersfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 205

Post#1388 » by 76ersfan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:01 am

PMOTT3 wrote:
76ersfan wrote:Sixers fan here.

That's the million dollar question.

Imo, the ideal situation would be to move Horford to PF and sign Marc or Asik this off season. But considering Atlantas recent off season shananigans, I don't see that happening. If not, then I'd like us to resign Mildap but I jusyd feel like he is going to command a lot more money than what's he worth. Which I'm not okay with.

Interesting. Don't know about Gasol he seems like he likes Memphis.

Long Live Sam Hinkie :D
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

ATL/MEM 

Post#1389 » by Zordor » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:36 am

So this has been discussed on Trades and Transactions and the grizzlies forum, wanted to see what you thought

Memphis trades Prince, Adams, Koufus, and Pondexter to Atlanta for Korver, Scott, Brand and a filler (bazemore or jenkins I would guess)

Memphis gets a great wing 3 point shooter to pair with Lee, because Lee's outside touch is going to wear off eventually, Brand will give them a big for the rest of the year until they can figure out the Gasol situation and have a little bit more options to sign who they want at backup center after they evaluate their monies, Scott is a solid player on a good contract, I think memphis could get a poor man's Ryan Anderson out of him playing him as a PF/SF/C (logging minutes at each of those positions, probably in that order from greatest to least) and then Memphis gets a filler

Atlanta gets a backup big, Prince gives them cap coming off the books at the end of the season, Q-pon is a poor man's Mike Dunleavey in my opinion and can add back some of that outside shot they lose, adams is a solid rookie wing player and shooter on a well valued 4 year deal that actually has a requirement him that he has to stay athletic (excluding options)

The other option was to include the kings and make it
MEM gets Hollins, ( a filler), Korver, J. Thompson
ATL gets Prince, Koufus, Adams
SAC gets Pondexter and Brand

just want to know what you guys think
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Re: ATL/MEM 

Post#1390 » by theatlfan » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 am

Responded on the T&T board but the trade is truly terrible for us and was obviously put together in a vacuum without ATL fans to add input. We're looking to get talent and aren't interested in 4 quarters for a dollar type deals and that's all this is. We get 2 backups, a kid with backup potential, and a salary dump for a starter, 2 backups,and a kid with backup potential. Not looking to trade a starter for a salary dump and take some lateral moves elsewhere. Either put talent on the table or gtfo.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#1391 » by MaceCase » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:06 am

Awful, boils down to Korver (one of top shooters in the NBA that is a big part of the Hawks offensive identity) for Koufos (a back-up big). Clearly there value isn't there for the Hawks.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,256

Post#1392 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Gotta agree with the above posters. The move doesn't really make us a better team moving forward.

Koufos would be a great get for our team, but beyond that...there just isn't much incentive.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#1393 » by sportscrazy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:01 am

In the off-season, if the Knicks land the 5th Overall Draft Pick.. would the 5th pick, Tim Hardaway Jr. and TPE land Al Horford?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1394 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:05 am

sportscrazy wrote:In the off-season, if the Knicks land the 5th Overall Draft Pick.. would the 5th pick, Tim Hardaway Jr. and TPE land Al Horford?

Yes. But only if our new management decides it's time to finally blow it up.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#1395 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:51 am

sportscrazy wrote:In the off-season, if the Knicks land the 5th Overall Draft Pick.. would the 5th pick, Tim Hardaway Jr. and TPE land Al Horford?

Good lord yes!!!

Mudiay, Okafor, Towns, Stanley Johnson, Porzingis, Myles Turner, anyone would be great additions to the Hawks and could replace Horford's impact.
sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Post#1396 » by sportscrazy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:01 pm

What about 5th Overall, J.R. Smith's (at that point one year left) expiring contract and Jose Calderon for Al Horford?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1397 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:12 pm

sportscrazy wrote:What about 5th Overall, J.R. Smith's (at that point one year left) expiring contract and Jose Calderon for Al Horford?

Not Calderon. That would be a 2 year contract still at that point. I could see us taking back JR with the top 5 pick though.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,357

Post#1398 » by King Ken » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:43 pm

sportscrazy wrote:What about 5th Overall, J.R. Smith's (at that point one year left) expiring contract and Jose Calderon for Al Horford?

Doesn't look like this draft will be that strong for that but top 3 might interest us. Towns, Okafor and Mudiay holds great value
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Post#1399 » by deneem4 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 9:53 am

gortat for milsap

u guys get a quality center than can pnr hit midrange n defend
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#1400 » by MaceCase » Mon Dec 1, 2014 10:51 am

deneem4 wrote:gortat for milsap

u guys get a quality center than can pnr hit midrange n defend

Sorry but I don't see any reason why the Hawks would entertain a deal for an older, less productive, more expensive and incredibly longer contract for Paul Millsap.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core

Return to Atlanta Hawks