ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,197

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1401 » by deneem4 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 10:57 am

MaceCase wrote:
deneem4 wrote:gortat for milsap

u guys get a quality center than can pnr hit midrange n defend

Sorry but I don't see any reason why the Hawks would entertain a deal for an older, less productive, more expensive and incredibly longer contract for Paul Millsap.

horford can play pf,
while gortat is older he played 6000 less minutes than milsap and 3000 less minutes than horford

hes also going to be cheaper than the 4yr contract milsap would request, n most importantly, he'll fit better next to horford
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1402 » by MaceCase » Mon Dec 1, 2014 11:43 am

deneem4 wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
deneem4 wrote:gortat for milsap

u guys get a quality center than can pnr hit midrange n defend

Sorry but I don't see any reason why the Hawks would entertain a deal for an older, less productive, more expensive and incredibly longer contract for Paul Millsap.

horford can play pf,
while gortat is older he played 6000 less minutes than milsap and 3000 less minutes than horford

hes also going to be cheaper than the 4yr contract milsap would request, n most importantly, he'll fit better next to horford

You're discussing trading an All Star straight up for a lesser player with the intention of doing what exactly for the Hawks? Making them bigger? At the cost of taking a dip in talent and locking into a long term deal for a guy that won't improve the team.

This is a topic that has been discussed ad naseum on this board already, Horford can play PF but he's not as good a PF as Millsap is so again, what exactly is the incentive here? You're claiming "better fit" by offering a less talented frontcourt duo where neither can create consistently for themselves and Horford's offense is negated playing against players that can guard further on the perimeter and can match his quickness. Then there is no need to discuss the potential salary that Millsap may sign when we know for sure the salary that Gortat does have.

Regularly, for the opportunity to eat a longterm salary such as Gortat's a team would offer extra incentive. Regularly, when trading for a more talented player a team would offer extra incentive yet you're of the belief that a straight swap gets this deal done. Sorry, don't see it.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#1403 » by theatlfan » Mon Dec 1, 2014 1:57 pm

deneem4 wrote:horford can play pf,

Have to agree with Mace here. Gortat, as a talent, interests me but the contract y'all gave him is really bad. He'll be worth it for a year or two but that thing will be an albatross by the end of it - he'll be 35 and making $13.5M.

Honestly I figured I might counter with us getting some chits to balance that contract, but I think that contract is basically untradeable. Gortat simply isn't good enough to justify carrying him deep into his mid-30s at those prices. Looks like WASH has found Nene's successor as a good big on a wildly inflated contract.
hawkschop1
Junior
And1: 30

Post#1404 » by hawkschop1 » Wed Dec 3, 2014 9:59 pm

How about a trade at the deadline sending JJ2 and a second (Toronto's) to Denver for Randy Foye

Foye's trade value is low right now after the 3-week injury. Denver brought in Jenkins for pre-draft workouts so there's clearly some interest in the young guy plus a 2nd round pick for a team in need of a re-build

Hawks absorb an expiring and a ready to contribute guard who can help us make a playoff run (having started in 11 career playoff games). I think he brings firepower, a player who can get hot quick, a veteran.

Thoughts?
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#1405 » by theatlfan » Thu Dec 4, 2014 9:45 pm

hawkschop1 wrote:How about a trade at the deadline sending JJ2 and a second (Toronto's) to Denver for Randy Foye

Foye's trade value is low right now after the 3-week injury. Denver brought in Jenkins for pre-draft workouts so there's clearly some interest in the young guy plus a 2nd round pick for a team in need of a re-build

Hawks absorb an expiring and a ready to contribute guard who can help us make a playoff run (having started in 11 career playoff games). I think he brings firepower, a player who can get hot quick, a veteran.

Thoughts?

Interesting deal. Not a huge fan of Foye but we don't give up anything either.

Personally, I say take out the 2nd. Foye isn't good enough to give them the 2% and DEN isn't going anywhere. At least with this deal, they can cut off the extra season of Foye's contract and give Jenkins a trial run before making an offer in FA. That alone is probably worth cashing in on Foye. The other part of the deal for DEN is it also puts an "open for business" sign on their front door and any team willing to send young assets for veteran players knows to contact them. Outside of the players on rookie scale, I'd think they'd be willing to dump anyone on the roster so long as they get youth.
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#1406 » by ferk » Fri Dec 5, 2014 10:00 am

Atl - koufus ,
Mil - Adams , picks
Mem - antic ,Middleton

Atl gets the c they need,
mem gets a big in antic that can play some c along with a promising middleton that can play both forward spots on the grizz roster
Mil clears some clutter if middleton can really be called clutter that is .and adds a SG + picks of some kind to even it out.

Just an idea and look at these rosters it seems like quite a few players could be swapped main point is atl gets koufus ,mil gets Adams + picks and mem gets a wing/ big.

Maybe atl gets some 2nds and sends out a protected 1st if mil struggles .
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#1407 » by ATL Boy » Fri Dec 5, 2014 3:51 pm

Not a fan of giving up any sort of a first where the only player we get is Koufos.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#1408 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Dec 5, 2014 5:44 pm

ferk wrote:Atl - koufus ,
Mil - Adams , picks
Mem - antic ,Middleton

Atl gets the c they need,
mem gets a big in antic that can play some c along with a promising middleton that can play both forward spots on the grizz roster
Mil clears some clutter if middleton can really be called clutter that is .and adds a SG + picks of some kind to even it out.

Just an idea and look at these rosters it seems like quite a few players could be swapped main point is atl gets koufus ,mil gets Adams + picks and mem gets a wing/ big.

Maybe atl gets some 2nds and sends out a protected 1st if mil struggles .

What are we giving up other than Antic to get Koufos?
ferk
Starter
And1: 689

Post#1409 » by ferk » Fri Dec 5, 2014 6:53 pm

Pick to mil. Mem can add bos/tor 2nd to atl atl sends protected 1st to mil .
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#1410 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Dec 5, 2014 7:00 pm

ferk wrote:Pick to mil. Mem can add bos/tor 2nd to atl atl sends protected 1st to mil .

As much as Koufos would help us its not worth it giving up a first (especially since he's an expiring). And the protections would have to be ridiculousy protected to make sure Milwaukee never sees that pick which would then cause them to not even want the pick.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#1411 » by Dcebucks11 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:15 am

ferk wrote:Pick to mil. Mem can add bos/tor 2nd to atl atl sends protected 1st to mil .

Yes for MIL . Lets make it happen
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 655

Post#1412 » by D21 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:03 am

I'm not sure Bud would pull the trigger on this trade, even without the pick.
We clearly need a C, but I think Bud want all the options he can have to adjust against any team, and Antic is providing an option that we can help a lot against some team.
And he's our best +/- on 100 poss. with Korver, which mean that Bud know how to use him.

I would bet that Bud prefers stability of the roster with more options than changing the roster now for a C that would be good but not a big game changer, especially if it means sending picks.
Koorverfor3
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#1413 » by Koorverfor3 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:31 am

Hawks Bandwagoner here. As a Sixers fan this season is rough so I'm pulling for you guys.

Koufos is gonna be tough to get. I see Cleveland making a run for him and I don't think we should get into a bidding war and give up a future first.

Biyombo could be an interesting name. Far from a perfect defender, but would help in the rebounding department. That organization may value him like you do with Shroeder so that may be a pipe dream

Think think an underrated trade partner to look into would be the Pacers. They have Ian Mahnimi backing up Hibbert. Now these guys can't really play together so what they are getting from his stat and production wise is about as much as they will ever receive.
Mahnmi is a stud rim protector and allowing Al to move to the 4 for stretches would make your defense even more stingy.

Trade
Pero Antic For Ian Mahnimi
John Jenkins
2nd Rounder (2015)
2nd Rounder (2016)

Get an upgrade in Mahinmi. Jenkins is a throw away. Bite the bullet to win now and sacrifice some 2nds.
"I just told myself whoever was guarding me I was gonna destroy them" D'Angelo Russell said.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1414 » by MaceCase » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:43 am

I don't see any reason Manhimi should be pursued yet alone paid a premium for.

1) He's out with injury.
2) He's owed 8 million over this and next season.
3) Budenholzer and Ferry have proven that they will take a more versatile player that can operate in multiple facets over an one dimensional guy who just happens to be taller.

Pero and Brand are a more solid offensive and defensive rotation that costs less and preserves future cap and roster space than Manhinmi.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Steve210
Pro Prospect
And1: 79

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1415 » by Steve210 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:51 pm

I don't see the Bucks moving Middleton, but you could have Nate Wolters.

What's up with John Jenkins? Do you guys think he's a bust or has he just been buried on the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#1416 » by td00 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:36 pm

You can't give up this year's first unless you are bringing in a potential starter. The Brooklyn pick is in our favor right now.
FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Post#1417 » by FCNATL85 » Tue Jan 6, 2015 6:32 am

Why would you trade now? The team is playing so well...
I could only see JJ2- Muscala or Payne and a 2nd for a player like Dieng. Other than anything like that, I would not do anything...
Goal should be to resign Paul and bring a young inside player who could replace ET in years to come.
Other valuable player who could become expendable: Mack ( now that Dennis shows signs of maturity) or Scott depending on the return...would have to be a good player...
slc24
Junior
And1: 65

Post#1418 » by slc24 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:47 pm

Any interest in Enes Kanter?
FCNATL85
Starter

Post#1419 » by FCNATL85 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:26 am

No thanks...
on the other hand I would not mind shipping John Jenkins and one of our two 2nd for a future early second (that could be couple with our lottery pick- if lucky with BK and the lottery- should the addition of our 2016 pick not be sufficient to move where we want. Again, i am very high om Myles Turner ...but he might be to high for us...
FCNATL85
Starter

Post#1420 » by FCNATL85 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:39 am

Would MIN, PHIL, HOU (owning NY 2nd) have any interest in doing so though...?

Return to Atlanta Hawks