ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,123

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1421 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:27 am

Kevin Martin for the Nyets pick + exp
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Post#1422 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 am

GopherIt! wrote:Kevin Martin for the Nyets pick + exp

Wonder Woman says:

No Thanks...

While I do like Kevin martin a lot, there is NO way we trade a potential lottery pick mid-season without getting a huge upgrade out of it.

Even if the pick falls into the late teens or 20s, K-Mart simply is not the type of player we need to push us over any potential humps.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,123

Post#1423 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:47 am

Wonder Woman is hot for sure.

Martin and korver would rain so many threes, Ted Turner would build an ark for the ensuing flood.

We also have thad young and other pieces too.

One of the challenges you guys seem to have is matching the salaries needed to get a bigger piece.
Yodi2007
Pro Prospect
And1: 137

Post#1424 » by Yodi2007 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 7:02 pm

sportscrazy wrote:In the off-season, if the Knicks land the 5th Overall Draft Pick.. would the 5th pick, Tim Hardaway Jr. and TPE land Al Horford?

My question is why would the hawks want Thj and a unproven rookie for a allstar power forward, who is in his prime and play his best ball in his career? Besides stats he brings in a quality that is only seen in a few players.....leadership!
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#1425 » by stinger14 » Sun Feb 1, 2015 9:55 pm

Jenkins to Charlotte for Jeff Taylor

Taylor can guard the 2 or 3 positions, and fill in for the injured Thabo. He is cheap and you could let him expire at seasons end
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1426 » by GimmeDat » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:42 am

John Jenkins for Tony Snell? Thoughts?
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#1427 » by theatlfan » Fri Feb 6, 2015 3:45 pm

stinger14 wrote:Jenkins to Charlotte for Jeff Taylor

Taylor can guard the 2 or 3 positions, and fill in for the injured Thabo. He is cheap and you could let him expire at seasons end

I would do this. We work Taylor in while Thabo is out - if he does well, then we have something; if not, we release him in the off-season and let someone else rehab him. Low cost / medium reward. The only "gotcha" would be that, since Jenkins is the most fungible piece on the roster as an expiring that we seemingly don't care about, we'd take it to the deadline before pulling the trigger to see if there is something else that intrigues us more. I know an LAL fan was willing to do a Jenkins + our 2nd for Wesley Johnson on the T&T board and I would admit that deal would be higher on my list than this one.

GimmeDat wrote:John Jenkins for Tony Snell? Thoughts?
I would pass on this. Just don't see us taking on Snell's contract into next season. I really liked Snell coming out of college and have even had thoughts on how to get my hands on him as recently as this off-season, but after the early going, my hope for him is dimming and the fact that he will undoubtedly take up a roster spot next season too makes the risk too great. We could be better off just cutting Jenkins after the deadline and going after either a D-Leaguer or a ring chasing vet to fill the minutes that we'd be hoping Snell would fill.
6ixSide
Freshman
And1: 85

Post#1428 » by 6ixSide » Fri Feb 6, 2015 7:41 pm

korver and horford for amir johnson+lou williams + terrence ross
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#1429 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Feb 6, 2015 8:33 pm

6ixSide wrote:korver and horford for amir johnson+lou williams + terrence ross

No
Hawks champs
Junior
And1: 100

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1430 » by Hawks champs » Fri Feb 6, 2015 9:34 pm

Lol wtf is this? Cut lou out (don't want him, he stinks) and cut out horford and it's still no deal.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#1431 » by ATL Boy » Sat Feb 7, 2015 4:58 pm

If we wanna kill our chances of doing anything in the playoffs, we'll give you a call.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
[EverGreen]
Junior
And1: 168

Post#1432 » by [EverGreen] » Sun Feb 8, 2015 11:42 pm

Celtics fan here.

Interested in your thoughts on a trade based around Bradley for Schroder/Bazemore/minor filler.

I'm not convinced about Smarts PG skills although he is a good defender (like Bradley). I know you like and value Schroder, but this gives you a starting quality wing defender now that Thabo has gone down. Bazemore becomes a longer term project for the Celtics.

It helps the Celtics tank (which I don't like but they are clearly doing) and adds strength to the Hawks for a deep play-off push.

(for clarity, I'm not saying all Celtics fans will agree with me, just my take on our situation).
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1433 » by ATL Boy » Sun Feb 8, 2015 11:55 pm

[EverGreen] wrote:Celtics fan here.

Interested in your thoughts on a trade based around Bradley for Schroder/Bazemore/minor filler.

I'm not convinced about Smarts PG skills although he is a good defender (like Bradley). I know you like and value Schroder, but this gives you a starting quality wing defender now that Thabo has gone down. Bazemore becomes a longer term project for the Celtics.

It helps the Celtics tank (which I don't like but they are clearly doing) and adds strength to the Hawks for a deep play-off push.

(for clarity, I'm not saying all Celtics fans will agree with me, just my take on our situation).

No thanks. Bradley is an excellent defender but Thabo will be back in 5-7 more weeks. Bazemore has become a valuable rotational big man, and Schroder is maybe the best backup PG in the league. He has some superstart potential and we're not giving that up for a quick fix. Also, this would unecessarily mess up chemistry, which would be counterproductive.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
theatlfan
Analyst

Post#1434 » by theatlfan » Mon Feb 9, 2015 5:01 pm

Have to hand it to C fans - they will come onto your board and repeatedly offer some sh!__y @ssed deals and think they are doing you a favor. I understand that Ainge has pulled several rabbits out of his hat but that doesn't mean that everyone would overvalue their players either.

Bradley is an undersized 2 whose only real value is as a defensive stopper. He's, at best, a streaky shooter and his ball handling and passing skills are good enough to ensure that he isn't a PG despite the size. His contract is more than 2x that (in terms of average annual payout) than Danny Green even though he doesn't have as much value on the court since Green is clearly the better shooter. I would honestly expect to be paid for taking that contract off BOS hands. Thinking that Bradley would be worth Bazemore, so forth Schröder, is simply laughable.

Counter: Bradley for Jenkins, Mack, and the best 1st BOS owns every year between now and 2018
[EverGreen]
Junior

Post#1435 » by [EverGreen] » Mon Feb 9, 2015 8:34 pm

theatlfan wrote:

Have to hand it to C fans - they will come onto your board and repeatedly offer some sh!__y @ssed deals and think they are doing you a favor. I understand that Ainge has pulled several rabbits out of his hat but that doesn't mean that everyone would overvalue their players either.

Bradley is an undersized 2 whose only real value is as a defensive stopper. He's, at best, a streaky shooter and his ball handling and passing skills are good enough to ensure that he isn't a PG despite the size. His contract is more than 2x that (in terms of average annual payout) than Danny Green even though he doesn't have as much value on the court since Green is clearly the better shooter. I would honestly expect to be paid for taking that contract off BOS hands. Thinking that Bradley would be worth Bazemore, so forth Schröder, is simply laughable.

Counter: Bradley for Jenkins, Mack, and the best 1st BOS owns every year between now and 2018

No need to be a jerk about it man.

What I was proposing was one a starting quality stopper, who's three point shooting is no longer streaky, but as you point our he is never going to be a PG. You are in a position to go deep into the East and I was gauging your interest in that. I maintain that we need a young PG with passing skills and Schroder has that in the glimpses I have watched the Hawks play.
As I started with I'm a C's fan, I don't watch a whole lot of Hawks games and judging by your response you don't watch many C's games either, which I why I was asking for your opinion.
Comparing Bradley's deal to Green's is also laughable. Green is on an excellent deal, he took less money to keep the Spurs together, much like Parker and Duncan have. Bradley's deal isn't great, I agree that we slightly overpaid, but it's not horrible either.

Good luck in the play-offs.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,479

Post#1436 » by dms269 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:30 pm

So Atlanta gives up the better two players for depth. Atlanta has no desire for Lou as he is a chucker who shoots a low percentage.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,479

Post#1437 » by dms269 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:02 pm

[EverGreen] wrote:
theatlfan wrote:

No need to be a jerk about it man.

What I was proposing was one a starting quality stopper, who's three point shooting is no longer streaky, but as you point our he is never going to be a PG. You are in a position to go deep into the East and I was gauging your interest in that. I maintain that we need a young PG with passing skills and Schroder has that in the glimpses I have watched the Hawks play.
As I started with I'm a C's fan, I don't watch a whole lot of Hawks games and judging by your response you don't watch many C's games either, which I why I was asking for your opinion.
Comparing Bradley's deal to Green's is also laughable. Green is on an excellent deal, he took less money to keep the Spurs together, much like Parker and Duncan have. Bradley's deal isn't great, I agree that we slightly overpaid, but it's not horrible either.

Who would Bradley starter over? He is not better than DMC and he is not better than Korver. I don't believe wing defense is out biggest issue. Thabo, DMC, and Dennis all all defense to us. Dennis is worth quite a bit more than Bradley.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
theatlfan
Analyst

Post#1438 » by theatlfan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:23 pm

[EverGreen] wrote:No need to be a jerk about it man.

10 minutes of research to actually read the board here to realize any of the following: a) we wouldn't be interested in a SG with a 6'7" wingspan at all, b) we wouldn't be interested in trading Bazemore for said piece, or c) we wouldn't be interested in trading Schröder at all.

So, someone comes in, completely decides that he's too important to be bothered with the 10 minutes worth of clicking on a few threads to ensure that his offer isn't completely insulting, and then gets butthurt when he's called out on it. Now that LAL and NYK are down, BOS might have overtaken all others as the most obnoxious fan base there is - and I'd cite this would be cited as a prime case for proof.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1439 » by ATL Boy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 pm

@WojYahooNBA: Minnesota will likely send a 2017 first-round pick to Atlanta in the Adreian Payne deal, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
[EverGreen]
Junior

Post#1440 » by [EverGreen] » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:03 am

theatlfan wrote:
[EverGreen] wrote:No need to be a jerk about it man.

10 minutes of research to actually read the board here to realize any of the following: a) we wouldn't be interested in a SG with a 6'7" wingspan at all, b) we wouldn't be interested in trading Bazemore for said piece, or c) we wouldn't be interested in trading Schröder at all.

So, someone comes in, completely decides that he's too important to be bothered with the 10 minutes worth of clicking on a few threads to ensure that his offer isn't completely insulting, and then gets butthurt when he's called out on it. Now that LAL and NYK are down, BOS might have overtaken all others as the most obnoxious fan base there is - and I'd cite this would be cited as a prime case for proof.

Well someone wasn't hugged as a child, now were they?

I actually did read though your forum and also some other sites, which is why I alluded to you valuing Schroder highly. I also read the concerns when Thabo went down and also the question marks about both Bazemore and Scott knocking down consistent outside shots, but there was nothing about Bazemore recently to be fair.

It seems that it was way off what you value and I can appreciate that now. I also understand that the Hawks chemistry is very nice at moment. It was simply a question about your need for a defender now. It seems from the other responses that isn't a issue.

Good luck in the play-offs. I genuinely mean that. I would be nice to see a star team beat a team of stars.

Return to Atlanta Hawks