ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread (Part 1)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,341

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1361 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:00 am

NYK fan here

Posted before. I'm not trying to troll. I just want to know what is the value for Horford in generic value? IE 2 young prospects, unprotected 1st, salary cap relief etc. I know you guys like your players but the big thing the Knicks could offer is salary cap relief. Next pick we could trade is 2018. Young guys we have are Larkin / THJ / CLEarly / Shump.

Not assuming a package from NY is even. But what we could do is trade some of those players for low 1st rd picks that we've been reportedly offered. Who knows what's real.

Here's my attempt - let me know if I'm way off base:

Teague (for salary cap relief)
Horford

for

Bargaini (expiring)
Dalember or late 1st we could get from a contender
Shump or late 1st we've been offered
J. Smith / Outlaw to match salaries

Again just throwing something out there b/c I really love this guy and think he'd kill it in the triangle.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#1362 » by SBM » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:30 am

dakomish23 wrote:NYK fan here

Posted before. I'm not trying to troll. I just want to know what is the value for Horford in generic value? IE 2 young prospects, unprotected 1st, salary cap relief etc. I know you guys like your players but the big thing the Knicks could offer is salary cap relief. Next pick we could trade is 2018. Young guys we have are Larkin / THJ / CLEarly / Shump.

Not assuming a package from NY is even. But what we could do is trade some of those players for low 1st rd picks that we've been reportedly offered. Who knows what's real.

Horford

for

Bargaini (expiring)

Again just throwing something out there b/c I really love this guy and think he'd kill it in the triangle.

LMAO, you might as well be trolling with that offer. NY has nothing other than Carmelo to offer. Horford is worth multiple 1st rd picks gauging from some of the trades I have seen in the past. Someone would have to offer multiple 1st's with one being a lottery pick to even get me to talk
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#1363 » by MaceCase » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:58 am

Horford

for

Bargaini (expiring)

I think the Knicks only become a potential trade partner if the whole scandal goes tits up and the team is really trying to be more appealing to a new buyer by getting rid of all longterm salary.

Even with that being the case I don't see any situation where both Teague and Horford would be moved to the Knicks for any possible package unless a 3rd team is involved giving up high prospects and picks. Horford will require picks of which the Knicks don't currently have so only Teague would be a possibility for any two of Hardaway Jr./Shump/Larkin in lieu of picks mainly because under my fire sale scenario his 3 remaining years may be seen as more "detrimental" but in no way is he just a flat out salary dump candidate.

Either way, the Hawks aren't exactly the Sixers here trying to peddle off Turner, Young and Hawes for value. Our guys are All Star caliber at best and capable of getting a team to the playoffs at worst, we expect adequate compensation for them.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,341

Post#1364 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:25 pm

MaceCase wrote:

Horford

for

Bargaini (expiring)

I think the Knicks only become a potential trade partner if the whole scandal goes tits up and the team is really trying to be more appealing to a new buyer by getting rid of all longterm salary.

Even with that being the case I don't see any situation where both Teague and Horford would be moved to the Knicks for any possible package unless a 3rd team is involved giving up high prospects and picks. Horford will require picks of which the Knicks don't currently have so only Teague would be a possibility for any two of Hardaway Jr./Shump/Larkin in lieu of picks mainly because under my fire sale scenario his 3 remaining years may be seen as more "detrimental" but in no way is he just a flat out salary dump candidate.

Either way, the Hawks aren't exactly the Sixers here trying to peddle off Turner, Young and Hawes for value. Our guys are All Star caliber at best and capable of getting a team to the playoffs at worst, we expect adequate compensation for them.

Thanks for the feedback. More of what I was looking for. Idk if they'd send THJ / Shump together but I do think they'd send Shump / Larkin. On Horford, I get his value. He's overlooked by many fans because it's not BSPN highlights or gaudy numbers or maybe it's the lack of press ATL gets. I've watched many videos over and over and I see him as possibly the best two way pf in the league. If he does get moved, I hope it's to NYC.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#1365 » by D21 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Even in case of a firesale, I'm not sure Teague would be part of it, because he's on a very good contract, like Horford, they are good player on good contract, and you don't trade them without getting talent or high picks.
HoustonPelicans
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1366 » by HoustonPelicans » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Pelicans fan here. Would you guys trade Kyle Korver and a pick for Tyreke Evans?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#1367 » by Hawk Eye » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:35 pm

HoustonPelicans wrote:Pelicans fan here. Would you guys trade Kyle Korver and a pick for Tyreke Evans?

No
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Post#1368 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:53 pm

HoustonPelicans wrote:Pelicans fan here. Would you guys trade Kyle Korver and a pick for Tyreke Evans?

Not a chance. We'd be hesitant to give up the best 3-pt shooter in the game straight up for Tyreke Evans.

No way we include a draft pick of any kind.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#1369 » by SBM » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:16 pm

Most competent GM's would seriously look at it. I don't like Tyreke's contract and he has been injured too much. If you would compensate us for those two things then we could work.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#1370 » by D21 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:43 pm

HoustonPelicans wrote:Pelicans fan here. Would you guys trade Kyle Korver and a pick for Tyreke Evans ?

Korver is the best 3pts shooter of the league, and opponent defense have to respect him for that, which help so much the four other guys on the floor.
Korver's impact is simple, he's the best +/- of the team on 100poss by a big margin.
He's on a good contract, so we won't trade that, and even less with a pick, for a player with higher contract and certainly less impact.
Dubeta
Banned User
And1: 221

Post#1371 » by Dubeta » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:11 pm

nah, don't like tyreke. We would do it for davis :D
hawkschop1
Junior
And1: 30

Post#1372 » by hawkschop1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:46 pm

I really like Khris Middleton on the bucks. He is the odd man out there with Parker mayo Henson and the Greek freak. He had 12 games over 20 pts last season can really shoot the 3 ball and is a budding stud IMO.

I know we're all about chemistry and a trade can certainly hurt that so maybe we should wait until the summer to sign him but I could be willing to send DMC or Bazemore and a future 2nd for Middleton. A small upgrade that can pay off. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,597

Post#1373 » by tski1972 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:19 pm

hawkschop1 wrote:I really like Khris Middleton on the bucks. He is the odd man out there with Parker mayo Henson and the Greek freak. He had 12 games over 20 pts last season can really shoot the 3 ball and is a budding stud IMO.

I know we're all about chemistry and a trade can certainly hurt that so maybe we should wait until the summer to sign him but I could be willing to send DMC or Bazemore and a future 2nd for Middleton. A small upgrade that can pay off. Thoughts?

as a Bucks fan I can tell you Middleton is most likely not going anywhere, especially with the package you have offered.

any interest in John Henson? Something around Muscala and protected pick?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Post#1374 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:21 pm

hawkschop1 wrote:I really like Khris Middleton on the bucks. He is the odd man out there with Parker mayo Henson and the Greek freak. He had 12 games over 20 pts last season can really shoot the 3 ball and is a budding stud IMO.

Good eye, Hawkschop. K Middleton is indeed a diamond in the rough. Pistons fans lamented losing him last summer more than any other player (when he was traded to MIL). Cursing Smoove as Middleton put together a solid season on a last place Bucks team.

I'd be VERY interested in going hard after Khris next summer to replace Demarre. At 23 years old, he still has the opportunity to get better.

I really like Middleton, and John Henson has piqued my interest as well.
bigmandinky
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,368

Post#1375 » by bigmandinky » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:56 pm

Hey, Raptors fan here. Just curious on whether you guys wan't to ride the season out and continue to try and add pieces, or break the team up and get value for what you guys have at the moment. Could you see yourselves accepting a deal like this:

Fields (expiring) + Hayes (expiring) + Terrence Ross + 2014 and 2016 First Rounders for Al Horford + Korver

You guys would get rid of two of your most productive player, which would allow you to tank for a top 5 pick this year (maybe trade Millsap to a contender, as well as free up a lot of salary for this offseason and beyond. You get two first rounders and a nice young 2/3 in Ross in order to build a young an promising core, along with Teague/Shroeder/Payne.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1376 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:09 am

bigmandinky wrote:Hey, Raptors fan here. Just curious on whether you guys wan't to ride the season out and continue to try and add pieces, or break the team up and get value for what you guys have at the moment. Could you see yourselves accepting a deal like this:

Fields (expiring) + Hayes (expiring) + Terrence Ross + 2014 and 2016 First Rounders for Al Horford + Korver

You guys would get rid of two of your most productive player, which would allow you to tank for a top 5 pick this year (maybe trade Millsap to a contender, as well as free up a lot of salary for this offseason and beyond. You get two first rounders and a nice young 2/3 in Ross in order to build a young an promising core, along with Teague/Shroeder/Payne.

The plan so far is to ride the season out and stay competitive and hope for a 3, 4, or 5 seed in the east. If we get bit by the injury bug again and management goes down hill or some other negative effect within our franchise then I could see us going into mid season tank mode.

As far as the trade goes, it's pretty bad.

That 2014-15 1st will be extremely low after this trade is done. Horford is one of the top two way big man in the league when healthy who will still be locked in on a contract for this year and next year. Then your asking for the best sniper in the whole league who is shooting an unreal 63% from the arc thus far. So your asking for the absolute best 3 point shooter in the NBA and a top 10-15 (imo top 10) big all for expirings, ross and a couple of 1sts. No Bueno.

To put it in "Raptors" terms you would have to give up Jonas Valacuinas to get Horford.
Hawks champs
Junior
And1: 100

Post#1377 » by Hawks champs » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:46 am

bigmandinky wrote:Hey, Raptors fan here. Just curious on whether you guys wan't to ride the season out and continue to try and add pieces, or break the team up and get value for what you guys have at the moment. Could you see yourselves accepting a deal like this:

Yea.... That deal is straight trash. Honestly, I've looked at some of the deals that raps fans have suggested and I think that yall need to really wake up. Ross and a couple bad picks aren't netting you all that much. I'm not sure if most of the raps fan base grasps that the other team needs to receive legitimate value on exchange for allstar level players, see allot of stuff involving trading expirings and a pick for other teams best players....
aw8
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,570

Post#1378 » by aw8 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:05 am

Raptors fan here would you take

DeMar Derozan, Amir Johnson, 2015 first rounder

For

All Horford, Kyle Korver

I think this trade is fair for both parties, All star for an All star.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1379 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:09 am

aw8 wrote:Raptors fan here would you take

For

All Horford, Kyle Korver

Imo this needs at least terrence ross. Korver is the best sniper and 3 point shooter in the NBA and the whole league knows it. Amir doesn't do anything for us anyways with Milsap on board
aw8
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,570

Post#1380 » by aw8 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:06 am

PMOTT3 wrote:
aw8 wrote:Raptors fan here would you take

For

All Horford, Kyle Korver

Imo this needs at least terrence ross. Korver is the best sniper and 3 point shooter in the NBA and the whole league knows it. Amir doesn't do anything for us anyways with Milsap on board

But Derozan is in my opinion top 3 shooting guard in the league, he is very good at driving to the basket and was one of the top players in getting to the free throw line. I think he can really thrive in the Spurs like game that the Hawks play, Also Amir can play centre, in fact with the Raptors he usually guards the centre.

Return to Atlanta Hawks