Korver resigns for four years 

Post#1 » by GrimeyKidd » Thu Jul 4, 2013 1:05 am

Estimated deal is 4 yr 24 mil
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 226

Re: Korver resigns for four years 

Post#2 » by myrak433 » Thu Jul 4, 2013 1:23 am

This doesn't make since to me if the Hawks intend to tank. Maybe there are other top-notch free agents DF has in mind if Howard doesn't come home.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
tcorbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#3 » by tcorbin » Thu Jul 4, 2013 1:32 am

Cool!!!... but also... huh????... What is up with the Dwight situation?
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#4 » by PandaKidd » Thu Jul 4, 2013 1:35 am

4 Years 22 million. IMO, great contract. Sure we know his liablity. But for that price, hard to find a better shooter than Korver. He could be a slightly more mobile Mike Miller to us.

Now we need big bodies. Its coming. I promise
Phunkabilly
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#5 » by Phunkabilly » Thu Jul 4, 2013 1:57 am

I cringed a little bit at giving 4 years to a 32 year old, but considering it was looking like he was going to get $21-$22 million for 3 years, I guess I can't complain too much about spending another $2 million for that 4th year. With a lot of shooters getting contracts early in FA, the money seems reasonable for one of the better shooters (if not the best) remaining on the market.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#6 » by parson » Thu Jul 4, 2013 2:06 am

Happy, of course. We need a bunch of guys like Korver. This is a great sign that, while we may have to rebuild, we're not tanking. Let the other guys stink and try to lose enough to get Greg Oden or Andrea Bargnani or Kwame Brown ... We'll focus on learning how to be professional basketball players.

This is a spit in the eye of everyone preaching tanking.

By the way, it also means we're out of the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, since we'd be saving our cash to sign him AND a 3rd star. Better hope HOU gets him and they send Asik for a SNT'ed Smith or GSW gets him and sends Bogut.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
Phunkabilly
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#7 » by Phunkabilly » Thu Jul 4, 2013 2:12 am

parson wrote:By the way, it also means we're out of the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, since we'd be saving our cash to sign him AND a 3rd star.

I don't quite understand the logic about how this takes us out of the running for Dwight. If anything, I would think this would make us MORE attractive to Dwight. Don't get my wrong... I think we're long shots to get Dwight, but I don't think signing Korver takes us out of the running.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,261

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 4, 2013 2:22 am

What the......

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Korver and the Hawks will regret this within 2 years...he'll be stuck to the bench and be trade fodder by 2015.
parson
RealGM

Post#9 » by parson » Thu Jul 4, 2013 2:31 am

No Fat Chicks wrote:
parson wrote:By the way, it also means we're out of the Dwight Howard sweepstakes, since we'd be saving our cash to sign him AND a 3rd star.

I don't quite understand the logic about how this takes us out of the running for Dwight. If anything, I would think this would make us MORE attractive to Dwight. Don't get my wrong... I think we're long shots to get Dwight, but I don't think signing Korver takes us out of the running.

We can still sign Howard but we don't have the money to sign another major FA, which Howard has said he wants. He wants 3. I agree that Korver would be perfect for him. Howard loves kicking out to a 3pt shooter and he would certainly love Korver.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
parson
RealGM

Post#10 » by parson » Thu Jul 4, 2013 2:35 am

Jamaaliver wrote:What the......

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Korver and the Hawks will regret this within 2 years...he'll be stuck to the bench and be trade fodder by 2015.

Breathe deeply. This is about learning to win. Watch videos of how Thibodeau's Bulls play and imagine us playing that way. Korver's signing means Ferry wants to see that here.

Or maybe it'd help to look at it this way: we have to spend the money on someone, why not spend some of it on a coach on the court who is an insane 3pt shooter?
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#11 » by tomaHAWKslam » Thu Jul 4, 2013 2:52 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I'm a little wary about this deal too.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#12 » by NekiEcko » Thu Jul 4, 2013 3:08 am

Actually, the Hawks can still give out the Max contract to Dwight if he comes but i think yall need to check out a certain twitter between Al and one other.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,261

Post#13 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 4, 2013 3:25 am

NekiEcko wrote:Actually, the Hawks can still give out the Max contract to Dwight if he comes but i think yall need to check out a certain twitter between Al and one other.

What u talking 'bout, Willis?

I follow AL on Twitter. Have a link to what you're referring to?
davefmcl
Junior
And1: 2

Post#14 » by davefmcl » Thu Jul 4, 2013 3:26 am

I agree that Korver coming back means we are not tanking. Hope this does not impede Jenkins development.
Do tell us about this Horford tweet. Link?
For more Southern Sports, listen to the Southern Sports Universe Thursdays at 10:00 pm EST at blogtalkradio.com/nba or read about it at southernsportsuniverse.com
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#15 » by PandaKidd » Thu Jul 4, 2013 3:56 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Think Mike Miller. Dont know what the guaranteed money is, but market value for him is 5-6 million per. Be surprised how well shooters like him can stay around in the league. Great bench commodity. IF he can stay healthy, then we have our 40% shooter from 3 pt range bench guy.

The most troubling thing to me is looks like we just lost out on D12 AND Al Jefferson
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#16 » by NekiEcko » Thu Jul 4, 2013 4:12 am

Its nothing to big but he is start to following a certain FA. things that make you go hmm!!
BAMABIRD
Senior
And1: 3

Post#17 » by BAMABIRD » Thu Jul 4, 2013 5:47 am

Please miss me with all this tank talk, ain't nobody got time for that. If you're trying to build a first class organization, you don't tank. Sit back and chill, DF and Bud know what they're doing.
tcorbin
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by tcorbin » Thu Jul 4, 2013 6:00 am

parson wrote:
No Fat Chicks wrote:

We can still sign Howard but we don't have the money to sign another major FA, which Howard has said he wants. He wants 3. I agree that Korver would be perfect for him. Howard loves kicking out to a 3pt shooter and he would certainly love Korver.

You can still sign another big time free agent for $14 million per.
tcorbin
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by tcorbin » Thu Jul 4, 2013 6:03 am

I hope Korver ends his career as a Hawks,..... but he can still be traded at the trade deadline.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#20 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 4, 2013 9:25 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

The deal isn't that bad, even if it's a 4 year contract. Shooting isn't athleticism, you won't lose it with age and Korver is one of the best shooters in the game. Even at age 36 I expect him to be shooting over 40% from the 3 point line. Hustle is also something that doesn't go away with age
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.

Return to Atlanta Hawks