Tcorbin, I found your thread

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Tcorbin, I found your thread 

Post#1 » by PandaKidd » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1264722

I love how the first 10 responses dont even remotely name the Hawks a team in the "tank".

Quite a few people have the Hawks at 6th seed in the east :P

8-)
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Re: Tcorbin, I found your thread 

Post#2 » by parson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:28 pm

And this is my favorite post in that thread. Tc is arguing that we'll stink and HartfordWhalers tells him:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
tcorbin wrote:
molepharmer wrote:Atlanta Hawks - perhaps not among the worst tankers but certainly within reach, maybe 'the also tank'......or am i missing a couple of game changing veterans on their roster that others are seeing.

Horford 6'9
Elton 6'8
Millsap 6'6
Korver 6'7
Teague 6'2
Louis 6'2

Yeah the Hawks are going to be bad, just horrible defensively, they are going to get dominate by teams like the Magic, Bobcats, Pacers, Cavs, and Wizards who have 7 footers.

People also forgot that the Hawks lost Devin Harris, who was huge in starting runs and getting the Hawks back into games.

The loss of Devin Harris isn't nearly as bad as the fact that based upon above they will be the only team forced to play without shoes.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
tcorbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#3 » by tcorbin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:49 pm

^ good for them, these are the same people who said that the Lakers were going to make the finals last year :lol:
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#4 » by azuresou1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:56 pm

tcorbin, are you willing to set a wager on the Hawks making the playoffs? We can set something up with money in escrow.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,469

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 pm

tcorbin wrote:^ good for them, these are the same people who said that the Lakers were going to make the finals last year :lol:

Oh, Monsterblock...is anyone else EVER right in your eyes?
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#6 » by PandaKidd » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Tcorbin, define TANK. Bottom 4 teams in the EAST? Bottom 8 teams in the LEAGUE?

Ill wager you a pair of tickets.

If Hawks make the playoffs , you owe me and Jamaaliver dinner at a reasonable restaurant of our choice.

If Hawks are "tanking", we will know with like 20-30 games left to go in the season, and you can choose 2 games of your choice out of my season tickets. Be able to see the TANKING HAWKS up close and personal. Remember last half the season last year was the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, Nets, SPurs (this year youll prob draw OKC) and some other good teams

I sit 6 rows from the floor, may even get autographs.

Thats how confident I am in my wager.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#7 » by PandaKidd » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Did you watch a game last year? Devin Harris sat out like every 3rd game. He imssed 30-35% of the season with injury. He averaged 10ppg.

yeah he had occasional hot nights, but he wasnt even the starting PG LOL

Missing Devin Harris isnt terrible.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#8 » by ATL Boy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 pm

while it's not as exciting as PandaKidd's wager, tcorbin I'll make a sig bet with you that the Hawks make the playoffs this season. If we miss the playoffs then I'll let you decide my sig (as long as it's nothing offensive or innapropriate) and I'll have it for a year. If we do make the playoffs then PandaKidd and Jamaaliver find a signiture for you and you have to sport it for a year.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
tcorbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 92

Post#9 » by tcorbin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:08 am

ATL Boy wrote:while it's not as exciting as PandaKidd's wager, tcorbin I'll make a sig bet with you that the Hawks make the playoffs this season. If we miss the playoffs then I'll let you decide my sig (as long as it's nothing offensive or innapropriate) and I'll have it for a year. If we do make the playoffs then PandaKidd and Jamaaliver find a signiture for you and you have to sport it for a year.

Yeah sure :D

i'm not going to meet anybody online, the sig thing is a good idea.

but yeah, the Hawks are not going to make the playoffs.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:13 am

^Yay!

But Monsterblock...no changing profiles to get out of flaunting the new sig block.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#11 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:24 am

tcorbin wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:while it's not as exciting as PandaKidd's wager, tcorbin I'll make a sig bet with you that the Hawks make the playoffs this season. If we miss the playoffs then I'll let you decide my sig (as long as it's nothing offensive or innapropriate) and I'll have it for a year. If we do make the playoffs then PandaKidd and Jamaaliver find a signiture for you and you have to sport it for a year.

It's settled then. I hope these guys have something good ready for when the Hawks clinch a playoff spot
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#12 » by PandaKidd » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:11 am

LOL I assure you im harmless IRL :P

Ok Jamaal we gotta think of something good :P
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#13 » by PandaKidd » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:27 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1264924

MAN, LOTS OF PEOPLE PICKING THE HAWKS............................
jagstang76
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#14 » by jagstang76 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 am

I think the problem with a complete rebuild (my definition of tanking) is that the young talent that is brought in doesn't ever learn how to win from players who know how to win. That's one reason why teams like SAS have been so successful. They have guys like Robinson, Duncan, Manu, & Parker who can show them how to work and stay focused on the right things to be consistent and bring it when they need to. We did not have that with the BK Hawks. He completely tore this roster down started over, and they had to wade through lots of losing before there was enough talent to overcome. But this didn't solve their lack of knowing how to win. In fact it may be one reason why they couldn't crest that mountain. I'm hopeful this rendition will be built with a mixture of vets and youth where there's a chance to win with the right mindset in place. This will give these young guys what BK's regime never could.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:33 pm

^Nail on the head, Jag.

Learning to win, deal with expectations is the most important thing to teach young players.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#16 » by parson » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:18 pm

jagstang76 wrote:I think the problem with a complete rebuild (my definition of tanking) is that the young talent that is brought in doesn't ever learn how to win from players who know how to win. That's one reason why teams like SAS have been so successful. They have guys like Robinson, Duncan, Manu, & Parker who can show them how to work and stay focused on the right things to be consistent and bring it when they need to. We did not have that with the BK Hawks. He completely tore this roster down started over, and they had to wade through lots of losing before there was enough talent to overcome. But this didn't solve their lack of knowing how to win. In fact it may be one reason why they couldn't crest that mountain. I'm hopeful this rendition will be built with a mixture of vets and youth where there's a chance to win with the right mindset in place. This will give these young guys what BK's regime never could.

Thank you for saying - in clear, logical terms - what I have been failing to articulate.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
jagstang76
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#17 » by jagstang76 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks guys! I'm just glad the thought occurred to me. :beer:

PandaKidd wrote:http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1264924

MAN, LOTS OF PEOPLE PICKING THE HAWKS............................

You know, the guy that I haven't heard a lot about on our board here is Lou. I know we never forgot about him, but his presence was sorely missed last season. We saw early on how dynamic he made our backcourt. If he's able to stay healthy for a whole season, that's actually a major boost to our team compared to last year. It doesn't solve the fact that we need a real C. I think Ferry might have setup a little surprise for the East with how well this team might perform. In fact, I would not be surprised if the Nets and one of the other top 5 teams struggle, and we jump back to that #4 spot again. Lots of variables that could go right for this team, but we have low expectations and would love a better pick if they don't.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 21, 2014 7:21 pm

tcorbin wrote:

tcorbin, You out there buddy?

You willing to go through with the sig bet YOU agreed to?

PK, you think of anything good?

Return to Atlanta Hawks