Lucas Nogueira breaks contract in Spain

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

traumeel
Sophomore
And1: 8

Lucas Nogueira breaks contract in Spain 

Post#1 » by traumeel » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:16 pm

http://www.clubestudiantes.com/frontend ... _seccion=6

The brazilian player asks for a contract suspension. It seems that there is a term that let him do it claiming for external medical issues.

It could be an agreement with Estudiantes Club to let him go paying 800.000 euros.

Xmas in Atlanta?

Ps: Sorry for the writing, grammar mistakes
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Re: Lucas Nogueira breaks contract in Spain 

Post#2 » by parson » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:43 pm

At this time of the year, it could be anything: he could be coming here to start developing (which would explain Schröder and Jenkins going to the DL - you can only develop so many players at a time) or even for a trade (right before 15 Dec).

Thanks for the news.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#3 » by theatlfan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:53 pm

That's... shocking. Did Nogueira ever sign paper saying he wouldn't come over this year so we could open up his cap hold? I guess more to the point, did we ever submit them? We're under the cap and Carroll's contract was for the MLE we had, so we wouldn't have had to, so maybe we didn't...

Also, what would the scenario of his signing now mean to his rookie contract? Would seem odd if we only got 3.5 years instead of 4.

This is a situation that certainly bears monitoring.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#4 » by MaceCase » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:30 pm

His knee has been bothering him so he's coming stateside for testing. I would have to imagine any paperwork to allow him to come play here this year is all notarized and filed. NBA is pretty strict about honoring foreign deals, can't imagine they'd feel comfortable with a loophole like this opening up.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Lucas Nogueira has been diagnosed with severe tendinitis in his knees and has been prescribed two months of rest.

Nogueira will undergo rehabilitation and physical therapy in Los Angeles before returning to Spain to continue playing this season.

Nogueira will not seek the medical opinion of the Atlanta Hawks' team doctors.

The 7-foot center was taken with the 16th overall selection in June’s NBA draft.

Via Chris Vivlamore/The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

I find it odd he came all the way to the US for medical treatment, but won't be getting input from team doctors.

Hope he gets the rest and aid he needs. We need him ASAP. Also hope he's eating and working on upper body strength. This kid turns out to be a Camby/Tyson Chandler clone, he could be hell in a few years.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 3, 2014 9:20 am

Lucas Nogueira returned to the court today for Estudiantes in an 86-80 win over Bilbao Basket
Nogueira hit all four of his field goal attempts to finish with eight points, five rebounds, two blocks and a steal in 14 minutes off the bench. With the win, Estudiantes improved to 6-15 on the season.

It was the first action for Nogueira since December. Nogueira left the team after complaining of soreness in his knees.

That's a pretty solid stat line for only 14 minutes of play. Hopefully Bebe can remain healthy for the remainder of the season and gain some much needed experience. Seems like a foregone conclusion that he'll be coming next season. With AL still recovering from injury and the rest of our bigs likely gone after this season, there's a real opportunity for Bebe going forward.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2014/3/2/5463388/lucas-nogueira-return-liga-endesa-estudiantes
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#7 » by Rip2137 » Mon Mar 3, 2014 4:41 pm

I think Antic and Muscala(obviously) are the two that will return. This team is making MONEY off Antic, if he plays or not.

Return to Atlanta Hawks