Maybe Asik after all

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Maybe Asik after all 

Post#1 » by myrak433 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:12 am

I hope this is true

According to FOX Sports, the Bulls have inquired about trading for Lin in exchange for Luol Deng, with the Hawks being a possible destination for Asik.

http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/12/27/nb ... -explored/
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,480

Re: Maybe Asik after all 

Post#2 » by dms269 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:45 am

I would hate to give up Carroll due to everything he brings in being such a good defender and the ultimate hustle guy.

That being said, Asik would help lessen the blow from al.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using RealGM Forums mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#3 » by ATL Boy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:39 pm

I would do this in a heartbeat.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#4 » by parson » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Love the news but ... too good to be true.

Besides, what's changed since 16 Dec. when the report first came out?

(Unless the $16 million price tag for Asik scares our owners...)
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
parson
RealGM

Post#5 » by parson » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:19 pm

A thought I've had is that maybe Ferry is thinking that he has the capspace for one shot at a major player. Maybe he's afraid that trading for Asik will preclude getting some star. For example, the Rockets really didn't do anything wonderful to get James Harden - they just had capspace and cheap players available when OKC found itself in a bind. It takes a certain amount of ruthlessness to be a GM. Maybe Ferry's not worried about beating Horford up but is just biding time, waiting for the chance for a great player.

That may be the conundrum all GMs face: when to pull the trigger.
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Post#6 » by JazzMatt13 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 am

Hawks don't exactly have a replacement for Al, and if they want to go to Playoffs, they will need to make unwanted moves.

Honestly, I would ride it out, no one in the starters is worth losing for a "replacement in time being".
parson
RealGM

Post#7 » by parson » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:41 am

Asik is out with mysterious knee swelling. Deng's out with a sore Achilles. Does that make this rumor bogus? Or, are the GMs holding them out for a trade?
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#8 » by SBM » Thu Jan 2, 2014 3:12 am

No to Asik, he just doesn't fit
parson
RealGM

Post#9 » by parson » Thu Jan 2, 2014 7:22 pm

More on Asik's knee - from the Houston Chronicle:
Omer Asik struggles with recovery from knee injury

The Rockets were not only still without center Omer Asik – and will not have him for the immediate future at least – they were also still unsure why he has been unable to make improvement from his injury.

Asik has repeatedly been able to make strides and greatly increase workouts, but each time he seems close to being able to return, the swelling in his knee returns. The Rockets sent him for the more detailed MRI last week, but it showed no damage to the knee. They have sent those test results to another expert, hoping to get a better idea of why the problem remains so persistent.

Link: http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2 ... ee-injury/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks