ImageImage

1/3/14 Warriors at Hawks

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Re: 1/3/14 Warriors at Hawks 

Post#61 » by FCNATL85 » Sat Jan 4, 2014 7:07 pm

Never saw the ball, never turned. Jeff reacted when the ball had bounced already. Ig had a chance to catch and turn with in the time Jeff ook his first step.
Watching it again I think that team spacing as a whole was not good. Paul was stuck on Lee and Demarre was way too far in order to help...now losing on a 3 from ig considering the poor shooting night that he had must have been OK...
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#62 » by SBM » Sat Jan 4, 2014 9:32 pm

Most you guys have a poor understanding of basketball. Trying to blame that on anyone other than Antic is beyond silly.
parson
RealGM
And1: 469

Post#63 » by parson » Sat Jan 4, 2014 10:04 pm

SBM wrote:ALL of us have a poor understanding of basketball.

... compared to the professionals, that is.

FIFY
My mother told me, she said, "Elwood, to make it in this world you either have to be oh, so clever or oh, so pleasant." Well, for years I was clever; I recommend pleasant.
Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart, in the film "Harvey")
FCNATL85
Starter
And1: 12

Post#64 » by FCNATL85 » Sun Jan 5, 2014 3:35 am

SBM wrote:Most you guys have a poor understanding of basketball. Trying to blame that on anyone other than Antic is beyond silly.

Hope you watched Mike Glenn's analysis of that very play in the pre-game show tonight. With his poor understanding of BB, he disagreed with you ...but also did not blame Teague for a late rotation.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#65 » by SBM » Sun Jan 5, 2014 10:46 pm

parson wrote:
SBM wrote:ALL of us have a poor understanding of basketball.

... compared to the professionals, that is.

FIFY

There is nothing such as a professional. That stuff only exists with weak-minded beings. Just because someone does something for a living or has been doing it for a long time does not make them professional. All those words were made up by this society to try and give people that they like power and control.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#66 » by Rip2137 » Sun Jan 5, 2014 10:58 pm

It literally means that the subject at hand is their profession, thus they are a professional.

Anyway, this was Antic, he freelanced on the double, Jeff got caught watching and staying home with his man when he should have rotated, but whatever.

The foul calls on Antic and Mack in the 4th were ridiculous, and drawing up our final offensive possession for Sheldon Mack on isolation was not the brightest of ideas.

But losses come...not a biggy.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#67 » by SBM » Sun Jan 5, 2014 11:14 pm

FCNATL85 wrote:
SBM wrote:Most you guys have a poor understanding of basketball. Trying to blame that on anyone other than Antic is beyond silly.

Hope you watched Mike Glenn's analysis of that very play in the pre-game show tonight. With his poor understanding of BB, he disagreed with you ...but also did not blame Teague for a late rotation.

I don't care who said it. Antic has already said that what he did was not what they talked about doing in the huddle. Teague is not a mind reader and it is totally ignorant to ask him to guard Iggy and Klay Thompson on the game deciding play. You guys are as off as I have ever seen. Curry had enough time to catch the ball get doubled and find the open man. So, what makes any sensible person think that if the open man was Klay he would not have found him? Time was not the issue you are trying to make it. Decision making was the issue. That whole seeing the ball thing is just a general rule. There are times in which you face guard your man. There was no need for any type of rotation on that play. Keep Curry in front of you from 40 ft away. Shelvin had just guarded Jordan Crawford on the final shot the previous game. Why didn't someone come running over and leave Jeff Green open?

Return to Atlanta Hawks