Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Ayon gone for the season 

Post#1 » by PandaKidd » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:15 pm

Via Peachtree Hoops

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2014/2/28 ... ng-surgery

The Hawks announced this morning that center Gustavo Ayon had right shoulder surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

Ayon hadn't played since Feb. 18, when he left the game against the Pacers after hurting his shoulder following a block. Ayon will undergo the usual period of rest, treatment and rehabilitation, as we've gotten used to hearing about Hawks players this season.

Ayon appeared in 26 games with Atlanta this season including 14 starts. He averaged 4.3 points and 4.8 rebounds in 16.5 minutes per contest. Ayon will be a free agent at the end of the season.

He spent most of the year battling injury after suffering a similar shoulder injury during the preseason and then legand ankle injuries during December.

Just another blow for the already injury-depleted Atlanta roster. Get well soon, Gustavo!

Do we resign Pittman now?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Ayon gone for the season 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:57 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Do we resign Pittman now?

I was wondering the same thing. Do NBDL call-ups prefer to stay in a situation where they could actually get playing time in the minor leagues or would they jump at the NBA money (even on a 10-day contract) even if they won't play much...or at all.

I'd like to see Pittman brought back, though.
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Re: Ayon gone for the season 

Post#3 » by myrak433 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:53 pm

i hope we do bring him back
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!

Return to Atlanta Hawks