Game Thread: Boston in ATLANTA

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Game Thread: Boston in ATLANTA 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 9, 2014 11:52 pm

After a weak showing against the Pistons last night, the Atlanta Hawks (34-43) have a chance to get back in the win column with their last game against the Boston Celtics (23-54).

Earlier in the night, it was revealed that backup guard Lou Williams would be probable to suit up for the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday against the Boston Celtics, but unfortunately, Pero Antic was scratched from the lineup just before tip-off, with a sore right ankle.

In Pero's stead, the Hawks will deploy Elton Brand at the center spot.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Re: Game Thread: Boston in ATLANTA 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 9, 2014 11:54 pm

Hawks up early by 12. All five starters have scored...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/454054458779910144[/tweet]
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#4 » by ATL Boy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:46 am

Hawks collapsed but came back with some strong Korver 3 point shooting and Jeff Teague being good Jeff Teague. Hawks about to win and cut he magic number down to 2 while also eliminating the Cavs.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#5 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:50 am

Hell of a comeback by the guys tonight.
hawkschop1
Junior
And1: 30

Post#6 » by hawkschop1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 am

Magic number down to 2!! Would love to beat Miami saturday! and would rather play indiana in the first round.

We better clinch asap and allow our starters to sit against Milwaukee (our final game) they need some rest especially millsap
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#7 » by MaceCase » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 am

Anyone catch Al's comments on how he sustained his pec injury? Were some choice words he used there that centered (oooo, see what I did there?) around "what I'm doing in the weightroom" rather than his position. Nique even gave him a talking to about preferring lighter weights over heavier ones during his playing days.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#8 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:38 am

hawkschop1 wrote:Magic number down to 2!! Would love to beat Miami saturday! and would rather play indiana in the first round.

We better clinch asap and allow our starters to sit against Milwaukee (our final game) they need some rest especially millsap

We are technically three games ahead of the knocks because we own the tiebreaker so we are pretty much a lock for the playoffs now. I dont see nyc going 4-0 with that schedule. More like 2-2 or 1-3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using RealGM Forums mobile app
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#9 » by PandaKidd » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:48 pm

MaceCase wrote:Anyone catch Al's comments on how he sustained his pec injury? Were some choice words he used there that centered (oooo, see what I did there?) around "what I'm doing in the weightroom" rather than his position. Nique even gave him a talking to about preferring lighter weights over heavier ones during his playing days.

Anyone find the audio to this?

Wheres Jamaaliver at :P
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#10 » by Rip2137 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:42 pm

yeah, I saw that with Al. I was going to bump that thread but figured it would look petty.

But it centered on around how he feels maybe its the length of his arms that might cause some different movements in the weight room or maybe he was over working it. Nique talked about higher reps instead of higher weights...

But overall, that should kill the whole "wear and tear from playing Center" debate...the guy just said it was a weight room thing.
GrimeyKidd
Junior
And1: 4

Post#11 » by GrimeyKidd » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Look at elton brand. Doing fine ar center. No injuries. Horford can actually play center. Just use more combinatoons with him to limit stress. Like have elton play 5 with hoford ar 4 for a bit
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#12 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Rip2137 wrote:I was going to bump that thread but figured it would look petty.

Kudos. But don't hesitate to call me out on something if I'm wrong. I stand by each of my posts, and will do a public mea culpa should a prediction/or analysis prove false.

Rip2137 wrote:But overall, that should kill the whole "wear and tear from playing Center" debate...the guy just said it was a weight room thing.

I wouldn't say 'kill' the debate, just severely wound it. :)

For the record, it was Horford who said he was getting beat up in the post guarding bigger players.

"That's something that I did question when it didn't happen. It takes a toll on your body physically that outweigh you like that.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#13 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:53 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Anyone find the audio to this?

I'm HERE!!! Always here. I didn't see the video, but get the gist. But I also remember AL saying this last month:

One of the things we looked at, he said when we had the procedure he noticed there was some scar tissue — some old stuff — we didn’t really know how long it had been there. It could’ve been years…It was just unfortunate. He said it could’ve been one of those things where I could’ve played the rest of my career and it would’ve been fine, but under the right circumstance it could’ve happened — and it happened

http://hawksbasketblog.com/2014/03/14/al-horford-talks-for-first-time-since-injury/

Again, to me, sounds like a lingering issue that had occurred over time. As in over exertion or abuse on the muscle tissue. I'm always open to other theories, but I'm sticking with my conclusion for now. I don't think he'd have torn it had he been guarding PGs. This certain CIRCUMSTANCE only seems to occur while playing basketball and guarding Centers. Coincidence?
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#14 » by PandaKidd » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:Anyone find the audio to this?

I'm HERE!!! Always here. I didn't see the video, but get the gist. But I also remember AL saying this last month:

One of the things we looked at, he said when we had the procedure he noticed there was some scar tissue — some old stuff — we didn’t really know how long it had been there. It could’ve been years…It was just unfortunate. He said it could’ve been one of those things where I could’ve played the rest of my career and it would’ve been fine, but under the right circumstance it could’ve happened — and it happened

http://hawksbasketblog.com/2014/03/14/al-horford-talks-for-first-time-since-injury/

Again, to me, sounds like a lingering issue that had occurred over time. As in over exertion or abuse on the muscle tissue. I'm always open to other theories, but I'm sticking with my conclusion for now. I don't think he'd have torn it had he been guarding PGs. This certain CIRCUMSTANCE only seems to occur while playing basketball and guarding Centers. Coincidence?

I was just teasing :P

One could honestly make the conclusion he was heavy weight lifting because he HAS to play Center, so theres that. I think its clear:

A) WE NEED A CENTER
B) Al needs to learn proper weight lifting techniques
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#15 » by ATL Boy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Good to see us getting along :D
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#16 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:23 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Good to see us getting along :D

Indeed!! :cheesygrin: :crowded: :wizard: :beer: :swami:

:gossip:
:rockon:

And a little good news regarding Horford:

He has been forced to work on his left-handed shot.
"I've always neglected and hated using my left hand . . . so I think this is going to really challenge me to work on that," he said. "It's a big challenge but I'm up for it."

Sounds like HORFY might come back with an extra move or two in the post. I still think he can be our superstar, and truly believe he just needs a BIG next to him to do the dirty work while he abuses tiny PFs on the block.

Return to Atlanta Hawks