Al Horford to the 4?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Re: Al Horford to the 4? 

Post#61 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
ATLHawksfan21 wrote:I also want no part of Asik. He's too one-dimensional of a player for my tastes. Our system requires all 5 players on the court to be competent on the offensive side of the ball and he isn't. His contract is downright absurd as well.

I've been pondering this for much of the last 6 months.

After seeing SAS steamroll competition in both the regular season and playoffs with a limited defensive Center like Tiago Splitter (playing in a system identical to ours) and even seeing Tyson Chandler reinvigorate a Dallas Mavericks team that has a renewed focus on defense but is amazingly effective on offense.

A defensive Center, flanked by offenisve players in a effective offensive scheme can indeed flourish. With execution, balance and discipline.

We have to get a Center in here next summer to pair with AL and force teams to adjust to US.

I will wait until the end of the year before I truly decide what I think we need most as I want to see if Horford progresses and gets back to his normal self. At this point, it definitely looks like we need some type of Center. A two-way player would be preferable, but an above average defender could work as well. I just think that Bud favors bigs who are versatile on the offensive end.

Splitter and Chandler aren't exactly great examples in my opinion. Let's be real, Duncan is the real center on that team. Splitter is never in the game during crunchtime.

It's usually a lineup of Parker/Ginobli/Leonard/Diaw/Duncan. Splitter only played 17 minutes per game in the WCF and Finals last year. Splitter also usually guards the PF when him and Duncan are both in the lineup as he is a bit more agile than Duncan at this stage of Duncan's career.

It is true that Chandler is a great defensive anchor. I only say that it's not a great example because he is paired with, by far, the best offensive PF in the league. No other big in the league can score from every spot on the floor in a variety of ways like Dirk can which makes it impossible to replicate that scenario.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#62 » by simon24 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:30 am

Yeah exactly! I just think Bud needs to give Muscula and Brand minutes over Antic for now. Once the team sells, if the team isn't leading in the division by trade deadline, may be time to trade Al and blow up the team. Supposedly there's plenty of big men in the upcoming draft.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,372

Post#63 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 27, 2015 5:21 am

Baller2014 wrote:Extend him, and if he doesn't agree to an extension trade him with a year to go.

Elephant in the room, guys. If AL doesn't extend this summer, should we put both Horford AND Teague on the trade market?

Horford & Teague would be very attractive to Philly, Minnesota, Lakers, Knicks.

After this @ss whooping we just endured, nothing should be off the table.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Al Horford to the 4? 

Post#64 » by ATL Boy » Wed May 27, 2015 5:36 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Baller2014 wrote:Extend him, and if he doesn't agree to an extension trade him with a year to go.

Elephant in the room, guys. If AL doesn't extend this summer, should we put both Horford AND Teague on the trade market?

No. We finally got to the ECF, and our window has been blown wide open. We just need some tweaks, not a complete overhaul. Also, the team has finally attracted a good number of fans, fans who will be furious if we just decided to scrape everything and potentially start back up from scratch.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,372

Post#65 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 27, 2015 6:21 am

ATL Boy wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

No. We finally got to the ECF, and our window has been blown wide open. We just need some tweaks, not a complete overhaul. Also, the team has finally attracted a good number of fans, fans who will be furious if we just decided to scrape everything and potentially start back up from scratch.

GREAT POINT! Well said.

Return to Atlanta Hawks