ImageImage

Myers Leonard

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

davefmcl
Junior
And1: 2

Myers Leonard 

Post#1 » by davefmcl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:26 pm

I was reading this piecehttp://m.basketball.realgm.com/article/234194/buying-low-on-meyers-leonard and I was wondering how people would feel about bringing an inexpensive guy like this, instead of a higher priced Monroe at center? Ironically, it mentioned our first round pick Payne in comparison.
For more Southern Sports, listen to the Southern Sports Universe Thursdays at 10:00 pm EST at blogtalkradio.com/nba or read about it at southernsportsuniverse.com
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Re: Myers Leonard 

Post#2 » by theatlfan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Can't say I'm too interested. If we had a roster spot or some developmental minutes then I'd be interested, but that isn't who we are as a team now. For whatever reason, I've always kind of rooted for the guy, so I hope he lands somewhere and continues to progress but I just don't see that place being here unless Ferry and Coach Bud completely do a 180 somehow.
davefmcl
Junior
And1: 2

Post#3 » by davefmcl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Who could we get that would be that space eater to allow Al to play some PF to save wear on his frame at a lower dollar figure?
For more Southern Sports, listen to the Southern Sports Universe Thursdays at 10:00 pm EST at blogtalkradio.com/nba or read about it at southernsportsuniverse.com
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#4 » by theatlfan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 pm

davefmcl wrote:Who could we get that would be that space eater to allow Al to play some PF to save wear on his frame at a lower dollar figure?

Lol... if that's what you want then Meyers isn't your guy - he isn't good enough to do that. At this juncture, he's a developmental prospect with a realistic upside of being backup grade. Guys like E Brand is infinitely more prepared to do what you're looking to do especially if you add in a qualifier like being ready before Horford is an FA.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#5 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:58 am

I remember reading about this guy years ago and really getting excited about watching Illinois games to see if he is the real deal. then when i started watching Myers in college, he just looked really weak and soft and getting pushed around in the paint by guys who are 6'8. I watched four or five of his games in college and he never dominated any one of them.

after only two years, he can't make things work with one of the best post players in the NBA in LMA. He already looks like a bust and the NBA game has proven that he is a soft 7footer.

Return to Atlanta Hawks