ImageImage

Great first-person article by DeMarre Carroll

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Great first-person article by DeMarre Carroll 

Post#1 » by azuresou1 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:47 pm

He really sheds a lot of light on his personal life and how it made him the hustler he is today

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158 ... re-carroll
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Re: Great first-person article by DeMarre Carroll 

Post#2 » by Hawk Eye » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:55 pm

Loved reading this article. I never knew he had a liver disease. I was diagnosed with a rare liver disease myself when I was four years old. The disease is called PSC. I had to have a liver transplant and have been and will be on medications for the rest of my life to prevent the disease from coming back. Made it 13 years with my new liver before it started failing again and I was rapidly approaching death. Thankful to God that doctors found a match for me and we're able to perform another liver transplant on me. I've gone through the mill and overcame so many trials throughout my life. Wouldn't have it any other way though because going through what I've gone through saved me and allowed me to re-dedicate my life to live for God. Truly blessed, I'll be sure to pray for DeMarre with him going through liver complications like myself.
hawkschop1
Junior
And1: 30

Post#3 » by hawkschop1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:16 am

player development is a great thing! I believe this is as good of a hawks team we've seen in the last decade. This offseason will prove to have been successful. Payne Bazemore Sefolosha are solid additions and re-signing mack and scott was gravy. Its nice to see such a deep roster and finical flexible. lets turn some heads this year! ECFs here we come
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#4 » by azuresou1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Preston damn that's pretty crazy to hear... glad you're here with us and that you've found inspiration in life.

Agree with hawkschop I think this should be the best Hawks team in terms of talent and execution that I've personally ever seen. I think the East is actually rather tough this year, particularly if Rose is indeed back to MVP form, but we have a puncher's chance. And Dirk and the Mavs proved a few years ago what the right team can do when given that chance...
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#5 » by MaceCase » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:25 pm

No matter how people feel about the talent level of this team there is simply no denying that they are all very likable and thus make it very hard to not root more for them.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core

Return to Atlanta Hawks